|Happy Friday, friends!|
|One more trip to Nordstrom to pick up what we missed the first time around!|
|In search of the perfect outfit…I just may have found it.|
- Nordstrom Mens Shop 4-Pack Regular Fit Supima Cotton V-Neck White Tee: I have praised the versatility of these super soft 100% cotton mens tees (originally discovered in the top drawer of my husband’s dresser) and have since featured them countless times on Beauty Professor…they make a great travel companion when paired with leggings (this is my perpetual plane outfit), work well with shorts, look chic tucked into high waisted jeans and even can serve as an impromptu nightgown. The key for me is to buy them slightly oversized (I like size Large) as it gives me the most look options…the four pack, like the next three items in this list, is on sale right now…try them and you’ll see what I mean!
- Zella Divine High Waist Rib Bike Shorts: I now am the proud owner of 3 pairs of these bike shorts in size XS. They’re high waisted and breathable and have pockets on both sides…I wear them multiple times a week, especially now that the weather is so warm.
- Caslon Fluffy Cardigan in Smoke Green Smoke Green: This cardigan is so stunning that it feels like a luxe coat and the color is absolute favorite. It runs big so I picked it in an XS and it still has a nonchalant, oversized feel.
- Fendi FF Buckle Slides: This is the only piece in this lineup that is not for sale, these brilliant and timeless slides were my summer splurge and I am already getting a ridiculous amount of wear from them as they are sublimely neutral and absurdly comfortable. As aforementioned, these come at a crazy price point, but I am confident that they will be on heavy rotation in my wardrobe!
|I’ve used Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner since the early days of Beauty Professor…still an exceptional choice (and currently a part of the sale). Also wearing the Charlotte Tilbury The Easy Smoky Eye Palette.|
|Applying the Laura Mercier Effortless Lip Duo in Rose (detailed later on in this post).|
|New in…the Fendi FF Buckle Slides|
|I wear a size 7 or 7 1/2 and order a 37.5…they fit perfectly.|
Other STYLE suggestions from the sale include:
- Leith Ribbed Wrap Sweater Size M: Classic and comfortable, this sweater is perfect for cool summer evenings and brisk fall days alike. I love the lush creamy green tone and the the fact that the deep V isn’t too deep!
- Mother The Hustler Two Step Fray High Waist Ankle Bootcut Thunderstruck Wash Size 26: These jeans are brilliant…soft and stretchy yet structured enough to hold shape all day, the clever frayed crop is balanced by a wearable high waist that sucks everything in without feeling binding. In denim, I am generally between a 25 and 27 and a 26 in this particular pair was spot on.
- Eileen Fisher Asha-Su Flats in Spice Size 7: Flats are generally not my forte as I require a bit more support but these beauties have great cushioning and a diminutive heel that takes this style to the next level. I am also smitten by the warm spice hue!
- Tom Ford Solange 61MM Sunglasses: Oversized and round (yet surprisingly lightweight), these sunglasses can concealer a myriad of less-than-optimal nights of sleep, making them the quintessential mom accessory.
- 1.State Lace Trim Camisole in Warm Plum Size Medium: This cami is double lined and not too low, making it a great layering piece for the work, plus, it’s in the prettiest shade of plum.
- Halogen Tie Waist Twill Pants in Rust Sequoia Size 6: These trousers will be on heavy repeat in my work wardrobe…the material is soft yet structured and hangs really well. I prefer a slightly oversized, men’s wear vibe so I sized up to a 6 and it’s a great fit.
- Eileen Fisher Asha-Su Flats in Spice Size 7: They take on an entirely different energy with a more professional pant (vs. denim), no?
- Vince Crewneck Tank Size Medium: A chic shell with plenty of understated personality, this can be dressed up or down (as I’m doing here) with relative ease.
- Frame L High Straight Slit Hem Ankle Jeans in Caroline Wash Size 26: The high waist of these jeans is so flattering and the cropped ankle is slim, making it feel entirely different (perhaps, more polished) than the Mother denim discussed earlier in this post. I also love that this pair has no holes or fraying…very unusual in today’s denim market.
- Madewell Gray Cardigan Size Small: I have this particular cardigan in so many shades but not gray (until now). It’s oversized, pocketed and very soft, making it throw it on and go piece.
- Born MEGGS Black Sock Bootie Size 7: Oh my gracious…I am in LOVE with these booties. Because they’re Born, they are absurdly comfortable (wore them all day today–with cutoff shorts, no less–without incident) and the fabric sock hugs feet and ankles without feeling too tight or too warm. Plus, they’re under $100…run, don’t walk, to these.
- Socialite Green Leopard Tee Size L: Just as good in green as in neutrals, this tee is novel take on a classic pattern.
- Frame L High Straight Slit Hem Ankle Jeans in Caroline Wash Size 26: You can get a better view of the waistband here…it hits right at my bellybutton without being binding.
- Born MEGGS Black Sock Bootie Size 7: Proving their worth with yet another outfit.
- Rag & Bone 61mm Aviator Sunglasses in Brown/Pink: This pair all at once feels edgy yet iconic; they are discussed in greater detail in the Accessories section of this post.
- Socialite Leopard Tee Size L: This tee is brilliant…it’s under $15 during the sale and looks much more expensive, especially when purchased in a larger size. It’s leopard done 100% right.
- Topshop High Waist Split Hem Straight Leg Black Jeans Size 28: It can be a challenge to find Topshop jeans without holes…that being said, this particular pair is pristine with a flattering relaxed cut that makes the waist look its tiniest.
- AGL Slingback Pump Caramel 37.5: I invented in these shoes as they boast insanely soft leather in a streamlined cut with a reasonable heel. Oh, and the caramel nude tone is infinitely lovely…I will be wearing these to work and on weekends alike.
- Bernardo Packable Water Resistant Puffer Jacket in Dark Moss in Size M: OK, let’s be honest…it takes a bit of mental aerobics to buy a very warm jacket in the dead of summer but I was taken by the beautiful green hue and gorgeous lines. One day, months from now when the temperatures drop, I will be glad I have this.
Zella Live In High Was it 7/8 Leggings Extra Small: I picked these up in a green pattern and solid back…Zella makes some of the best leggings on the market as they flatter the figure, hold their shape and survive excessive washing and drying.
- Leith Sleeveless Midi Sweater Dress in Tan Lion Dress Size L: This tan dress was love at first sight; I envision it working for a host of occasions. I sized up (the medium fit perfectly) for a looser fit that will also allow me to belt it should I wish.
- ALO High Waist Airbrush Leggings in Black Gloss Size Small: Looks like leather, feels like leggings, these high waisted wonders hold everything in while still allowing for flexibility and ease of movement. I can’t wait to pair them with a long sweater and some tennis shoes in the coming months!
- Sweaty Betty Fishnet Mesh Crop Tank in Deep Lake M/L: Not typically my normal workout go-to (I’m generally a big tee shirt kind of girl), this body conscious top pairs well with high waisted pants and the perforated material really breathes.
- Travis Matthew Pique Performance Polo: Two more for my husband’s vast collection…he’ll wear them like crazy.
- Nordstrom Mens Lounge Shorts: Everyday when my husband gets home from work, after greeting me and Joey, he immediately changes from his work clothes into something comfortable. Who can relate? I actually picked these lounging shorts up for him before the sale and he loves them…soft and relaxed yet structured enough to walk around in outside, they are the perfect option for unwinding and now they’re on sale!
- Tommy John Cotton Shirts: These tees are typically fairly expensive as they are high performance; they work well under work button downs and their markdown during the Anniversary Sale makes them an excellent investment for daily wear.
- Longchamp Le Pliage Expandable Tote: I am THRILLED that this tote is a part of the Anniversary Sale. I bought mine years ago and it’s still my most constant travel companion both domestically and internationally! It holds a ton without being heavy and the expandable option makes it that much more essential.
- Burberry Check 57mm Polarized Cat Eye Sunglasses: I purchased these last year and still wear them regularly…they’re comfortable and stay put on the nose, even without nose pads (rare!).
- Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Leather Tote: I carry a Le Pliage Cuir handbag and think this tote in green would make an excellent addition to the family.
- Lana Jewelry Square Nude & Petite Black Choker Necklace: Nude and gilded tones make this a fabulous second skin layering piece.
- Rebecca Minkoff Edie Leather Belt Bag: I cannot think of a more sophisticate way to enter the world of belt bags (aka fanny packs). The chevon design on soft leather is so chic, no?
- Missoni Zig Zag Fringe Cape: I’ve always wanted a Missoni cape and this price cannot be beat..it’s a heritage piece to be lovingly treasured for years.
- Cozychic Malibu Wrap: I love wrapping up in a blanket on cool mornings…the only problem is that it’s difficult to keep the blanket on…this wrap solves all of those issues and, dare I say it, looks a lot more stylish, too.
- Nordstrom Laura Croc Embossed Leather Tote: In short, this timeless leather bag looks really expensive. Refreshingly, it’s not.
- Nike French Terry Hooded Romper: It was love at first sight with this darling hooded zip up onesie…it’s like a sweatshirt with legs and will be so cute when the temperatures drop (hence, purchasing it in size 18 months).
- Nike Presto Extreme Sneaker: These bright pink trainers will deliver some dazzle to any outfit (I ordered a baby size 5, designed for babies on the cusp of walking) and the cushiony design will be shock absorbing for her big steps.
- Baby Bling Headband in Lilac: I love the lightweight texture and colorful options of these headbands…now if only I can get Joey to leave it on her head ; )
- Something Navy Ribbed Bodysuit: I feel like this is bodysuit is fit for a baby Audrey Hepburn…that is all.
- Little Giraffe Luxe Baby Blanket: Super soft and opulent, this is the quintessential baby gift to be treasured. I’m thinking about stocking up!
- Something Navy Animal Print Ruffle Dress: Neutral tones for baby? Yes, please.
- BABYZEN YOYO Stroller: This is Joey’s exact stroller…it’s lightweight, easy to maneuver, fairly low profile (with good storage nonetheless) and travels like a dream. Highly recommended…wish I got mine on sale ; )
|(Outer) Beauty begins with good skin.|
|*Skin Inc Optimizer Voyage Tri-Light Set|
|The *Skin Inc Optimizer Voyage Tri-Light Set has five color options for targeted results.|
|I keep my *Skin Inc Optimizer Voyage Tri-Light at my bedside…it also travels effortlessly.|
|Using the *Skin Inc Optimizer Voyage Tri-Light Set and wearing the Laura Mercier Effortless Lip Duo in Nude|
|On my face in this post.|
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Enhancing Eye Contour Cream Supreme
- *Lancer Dani Glowing Skin Perfector
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Powder Foundation in Honey Beige applied with the*La Prairie Foundation Brush
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Medium/Dark
- *Sisley L’Orchidee Highlight Blush in Coral
- Charlotte Tilbury The Easy Smoky Eye Palette (discussed below)
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner
- Laura Mercier Effortless Lip Duo in Rose and Nude
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Baby
|Swatches of the products above in direct sunlight.|
|Laura Mercier lip heaven.|
|Swatches of the *Laura Mercier Longwear Lip Liner|
|Swatches of the *Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Lipstick in A La Rose and Beige Intime|
- NufACE NuBODY Skin Toning Device Set (reviewed HERE): This genius device smooths dimpling while adding firmness and tone to trouble areas–from thighs to stomach to arms–and is painlessly easy to use.
- Tom Ford Eye and Mini Lip Set: I have purchased the exclusive Anniversary Sale Tom Ford quad for the past few years and am never disappointed by the wearable tones. This year is no exception! The eyeshadow quad features a luminous cool pink, soft satin sand, extremely rich bronzy brown and a fresh silvered charcoal blue tone for an utterly sophisticated eye in seconds. The coffret also comes with two deluxe mini lipsticks in the baby pink Paper Doll and peachy nude Autoerotique; I love the light tones that both of these lip colors possess…their flattering versatility is undeniable!
- Charlotte Tilbury The Pillow Talk Full Sized Lip Kit: The Pillow Talk lip liner and lipstick are two of my favorite lip products of life; the neutral pinky beige hue (not too light, not too dark) looks good on absolutely everyone. When I saw that this set also includes a brand new Lip Lustre in Pillow Talk as well, I was thrilled. My friends…this gloss is worth it! The formula is intensely pigmented and plush, making lips look full and flushed while still maintaining a creamy neutrality. It’s simply divine!
- Charlotte Tilbury Easy Smoky Eye Palette: Streamlined yet potent, this palm-sized palette features six natural shades in matte and satin finishes that instantly dress the eye. the formula is buttery and blendable with magnificent color payoff…I am confident that I will be reaching for this constantly this summer and, due to its size, it’s a apropos travel companion as well.
- YSL Pink Lip Trio: My mom picked up this gorgeous pink lip menagerie when we shopped yesterday…there is an exclusive cotton candy pink shade that makes it so covetable.
- Lancer Jumbo The Method Polish Exfoliator: I have been a fan of this exfoliator for years and still use it in the shower daily. It makes skin glassy smooth without irritation…it’s a cult classic for a reason!
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Travel Trio: A red, a rosy pink and a nude beige…what else does a girl need? This formula is super pigmented, hydrating and long lasting and the travel size will fit into the smallest of clutches!
- Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body XL Shimmer Shape, Hydrate & Glow: At the start of this post, I mentioned that I am wearing this formula on my limbs; it makes arms and legs look their absolute best…truly, if I could bathe in it, I would. This XL bottle will will have to suffice.
- Dior Addicted to Glow Light Glow Lip Set: This is a fabulous gift for a girlfriend, a hostess for yourself…you simply cannot go wrong with Dior Lip Glow.
- ghd Black Platinum+ 1-Inch Styler: I have used my ghd 1-inch for 7 years and it still works as well as the day I first received it. Consider this a 10-year investment and you won’t be disappointed.
- Laura Mercier Effortless Lip Duo: I love the long lasting potency of this particular lip liner (they were reformulated earlier this year) and the lip color is creamy and ever so pretty. I was wearing Beige Intime again earlier this week! **Worn throughout this post
- NARS Face Palette: Bronze, blush and glow in a single palette…it’s a summer travel dream.
- MAC Lip Haul Set: Six lip products (3 lipsticks, 3 glosses) in neutral hues that warrant daily wear; this is an excellent deal!
- Skin Inc. Optimizer Voyage Tri-Light ++ Set: Ever on my bedside, this light device is the best in terms of versatility, efficacy and ease of use. If you read BP, then you know how much I love it and the savings on it is compelling. **Discussed at length above
- Hourglass Eyes & Lips Duo: I am a major fan of both this mascara (I’ve gone through 3 tubes since its launch last year) and this updated lip gloss formula so the pairing is deeply appealing. The gloss shade–Spark–is a peachy LE number so I may have to order this online before early access is over.
- Simplehuman Round Sensor Mirror Pro: I feel like this mirror belongs on a grown up’s vanity; sleek, aesthetically pleasing with marvelous magnification properties, I am ready to add this to my new house.
|Happy Birthday Johannah Elle!|
|The day we brought Johannah Elle home.|
|What a difference a single year makes!|
|Reflecting on her first 12 months of life.|
|From our recent shoot with Kosas Cosmetics and Beauty Is Boring.|
|Last look…Johannah is wearing the Something Navy Ribbed Bodysuit|