|Introducing the new *Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer|
There’s just something so carefree about blending moisturizer into your skin with your fingers and having a veil of tint take care of business. I get a respectable 6-7 hours of flawless wear before finding the need to blot or touch up and currently, my best match is 3C1 Fawn…don’t let the “cool tone” description belie you…as you can see from my swatch in image #6, it’s definitely a neutral to olive hue.
All in all, the *Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer will be a welcome addition to my foundation rotation as I’ve already reached for it 3 times in the past week…it’s simply sublime!
Official details, courtesy of Sephora:
What it is: A bestselling tinted moisturizer with a new and improved formula, infused with skincare benefits for up to 24-hour hydration and SPF 30 sunscreen to protect.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, and Combination
SPF: SPF 30
– Macadamia and Kukui Seed Oils: Help increase the skin’s moisture levels long-term for up to 24 hours of hydration, while reducing the signs of visibly dry skin.
– Silica Treated Pigment: Helps create a soft-focus effect for a naturally dewy finish.
– Tamarind Seed Extract: Locks in moisture and gives enhanced antioxidant protection.
– Avobenzone 2.5%, Octinoxate 7.49%, Octocrylene 2%, and Oxybenzone 1%: Sun protection.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of parabens.
What Else You Need to Know: The secret to effortless skin. Perfect your skin with a sheer hint of coverage for an effortless, no-makeup makeup dewy finish. Everything you loved about this iconic, lightweight formula, now with improved skincare benefits for lasting hydration and SPF 30 sunscreen.
Ingredients: -Macadamia and Kukui Seed Oils: Help increase the skin’s moisture levels long-term for up to 24 hours of hydration, while reducing the signs of visibly dry skin.
-Silica Treated Pigment: Helps create a soft-focus effect for a naturally dewy finish.
-Tamarind Seed Extract: Locks in moisture and gives enhanced antioxidant protection.
-Avobenzone 2.5%, Octinoxate 7.49%, Octocrylene 2%, and Oxybenzone 1%: Sun protection.
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Isododecane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trehalose, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Aleurites Moluccanus Seed Oil, Rhus Verniciflua Peel Wax, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Saccharide Isomerate, Pentylene Glycol, Isostearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Polysilicone-11, Behenyl Alcohol, Behenic Acid, Stearic Acid, Batyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Stearoxy Ether, Peg-30 Phytosterol, Disodium Edta, Sodium Metaphosphate, Carbomer, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Potassium Hydroxide, Bht, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, T-Butyl Alcohol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.
|Due to time constraints (I was booked with meetings that day), I didn’t get the chance to swatch every shade at the event this time around but screenshot this IG story today via the @lauramercier handle, which was a repost from @thebrianunderwood. Hope it’s helpful!|
|Wearing a dress by Free People at last week’s Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer launch.|
|The complete face.|
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter #4: As always, I applied a few strokes of this all over my face as an illuminating primer.
- *Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in 3C1 Fawn: I distributed a nickel-sized amount all over my face and blended it out with my fingers. For an extra seamless finish, I took a dampened Beauty Blender and buffed over everything, paying special attention to bringing it down my neck.
- *Sisley Phyto-Blush Twist Contour: I forgot how much I love this true brown cream stick…I swept it into the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face and then used the same Beauty Blender to gently sculpt my features.
- *Kosas Contrachroma (Review): This blush and highlight duo looks so natural on the skin. I focused application of the tawny peach shade on the apples of my cheeks and perimeters of my face and buffed the luminous pearl-meets-champagne side on the high points of my face for a touch of subtle glow.
- Westman Atelier Cream Blush Stick Minette (Review): For a pop of healthy color, I carefully stippled this slightly radiant peachy pink cream onto the apples of my cheeks…it’s just so pretty.
- *Tom Ford Emotionproof Eye Color in Gigolo (Review): Every time I wear this (which is frequently, I might add), someone asks me what’s on my eyes. I love the gold-meets-bronze tone and the soft creamy finish builds beautifully and wears for hours without the slightest sign of creasing. I applied it on my upper lids and blended towards the brow bone and also swept a touch along my lower lash line for continuity.
- *Givenchy Disturbia Liner (Review): I am completely impressed by how intense this liquid liner is…the fluid jet black formula glides on with a slightly gloss and completely indelible finish. It’s truly amazing.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Is there ever a post on BP when I’m not using this? We shall see? Until then, it’s my unmitigated go-to.
- *GrandeDrama Mascara (Review): Two coats for full and fluffy lashes with a dramatically dark black tint that lasts…yes, please!
- YSL Water Lip Stain #614 Rose Immerse: I applied a healthy dose of this (Further discussed below) in two coats for a deeper take on neutral pinky rose.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The results of my lipstick spree.|
- MAC Lipliner in Edge to Edge: Despite having a menagerie of lip liners, I own nothing as creamy and rosy pink as this and know it will work well to add some pink depth to my more nude lip color options.
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Shrimpton: This matte peachy nude is incredibly creamy and looks amazing when paired with the Edge to Edge liner. It’s the exact shade that I would imagine Jean Shrimpton wearing in the 1960s as David Bailey took her picture! I will also use it to lighten lipsticks that are too dark…so good.
- MAC Love Me Lipstick in Daddy’s Girl: I was very intrigued with the vast range of lighter pinks, peaches and nudes in the new MAC Love Me formula and swiftly ferreted out my favorites. Daddy’s Girl is a mauve pink cream with buildable opacity and a flattering radiance.
- MAC Love Me Lipstick in Tres Blase: This peachy pink nude gem is wondrous for neutral lovers…so fresh and easy to wear.
- NARS Sheer Lipstick in Chelsea Girls: Ahh…I was such an ardent fan of the original Chelsea Girls (remember the wildly sticky pinky nude gloss in a pot?) so when I discovered that a lipstick with the same moniker would soon be released, I knew I had to try it! This, my friends does not disappoint. The sheer formula is buildable to medium coverage and the glossy, almost pearly (but without shimmer) effect seems to volumize lips with every pass. It’s a pinky nude prize, indeed.
- YSL Water Lip Stain #614 Rose Immerse: I am impressed with the color payoff of this newly launched stain; it’s impactful without overpowering and even when the shine wears off (I a few hours), lips are left with a decadent and hydrating wash of color. Rose Immerse looks like a true light pink in the tube but actually deepens to a pinky rose on my lips after a few minutes…it’s divine shade for fall.
- MAC Love Me Lipstick in Vanity Bonfire: An electric peachy pink coral with plenty of creamy opacity, this lip color looks amazing on those with olive undertones…I’m loving its face-brightening effect.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Clockwise from top left: MAC Daddy’s Girl, NARS Chelsea Girls, MAC Tres Blasé, MAC Shrimpton and MAC Vanity Bonfire.|
The following images reflect all products in action…
|Applying YSL Water Lip Stain #614 Rose Immerse|
|Eye look via *Tom Ford Emotionproof Eye Color in Gigolo (Review), *Givenchy Disturbia Liner (Review)
Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut and *GrandeDrama Mascara (Review)
- Off the shoulder sweater: I picked up this effortless off the shoulder number in two shades (size M) and love how versatile it is. I’ll be wearing this well into the fall and winter months!
- Bike Shorts with Pockets (review)
- Fendi Slides (review)