|True blue luxury finds from Nordstrom.|
|Up close and personal with the *Augustinus Bader The Body Oil|
|Bader body + face.
- *Augustinus Bader The Body Oil: Lush, lightweight and instantly absorbed, I only need a small amount of this new oil to hydrate my limbs. I suggest applying post-shower when your skin is already a touch damp as it helps to lock in the moisture for hours.
- *Augustinus Bader The Body Lotion: Just a couple of pumps of this body cream does a masterful job of moisturizing on contact. I generally like to apply this in the morning before heading out for my daily walk with Johannah as it gives my skin a great protective barrier while imparting a gorgeous sheen. And, like all other Augustinus Bader products, it is completely and gloriously fragrance-free.
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream: My original love from 2017, I have gone through at least 5 bottles of this wondrous elixir. Anti-aging, pore-refining, brightening and soothing, it treats my skin with the utmost of care with each and every pump.
- *Augustinus Bader The Face Oil: Since I’m such a devotee to the aforementioned Rich Cream, I wasn’t initially sure if I would find a place in my routine for this newer launch. Fast forward two months later and it’s a staple, especially as temperatures begin to drop and more moisture is appreciated. Like the Body Oil, it is deceptively simple and endlessly beautiful on the skin. I even like mixing it with foundation for a bespoke glow.
|Which Augustinus Bader formula is your favorite?|
|Face + base etc..|
- *Clé de Peau Long Lasting Hydrating Veil: Liquid in texture yet somehow wildly moisturizing, this priming formula smoothes away pores and fine lines to create a porcelain canvas for the makeup to come.
- *OUAI Detox Shampoo: My bottle of this clarifying shampoo is all but finished which speaks volumes about its appeal and efficacy. When used once or twice a week, it deeply cleanses without stripping, leaving my hair bouncy, luminous and light. Oh, and it smells incredible….off to add another bottle to my cart.
- Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40: My sunscreen of choice for the past year, I love how this formula renders a minimalist glow to the skin for SPF protection with a lit-from-within property.
- Supergoop! CC Screen 326 W: I’ve been reaching for this tinted base multiple times a week because it’s just so easy. A pea-sized amount yields medium coverage that simply looks like really good skin. The SPF 50 protection is 100% mineral (rare and amazing!) and I easily get 10-12 hours of touch up-free wear, even on very hot and humid days. What’s not to love?
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Fluid Foundation Matte O40: A single pump of this recently launched base gives me immediate medium coverage with a natural skin finish. In the late summer BF 50 was my perfect match but now that we’re mid-fall, the slightly lighter O40 is more befitting of my current complexion. In case you’re in search of your match, I have swatches of all 24 shades HERE.
- *La Prairie Essence-in-Foundation Mocha: Worn in the images at the end of this post, this lightweight, skincare-rich, liquid-meets-cream base–housed in a genius pump compact–offers buildable light-to-medium coverage with a soft matte finish that looks multidimensional and fresh for hours.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream: A modern classic, this cream bronzer builds the most perfect burnished glow to gently add dimension and warmth to the complexion. I like applying with a beauty sponge for a super natural diffused look.
- *Givenchy Teint Couture Healthy Glow Bronzer Powder in N03: Radiant yet pigmented for an ethereal effect, this gossamer light powder feels and looks like a blissful hybrid of bronzer and illuminator.
- Hourglass Sculpture Unlocked Mini Ambient Lighting Edit Palette: This limited edition holiday quad features four finely milled shades–bronzer, blush, highlight and finishing powder–for a full face in mere seconds. It’s a staple in my handbag of late and will definitely be a part of my packing list when I start traveling again!
// EYES // Tender shimmering tones that instantly add light to the face in a single swipe.
- Charlotte Tilbury Jewel Pots Eyeshadow in Pillow Talk: When given the choice, I prefer satin finishes over mattes and this palette auspiciously houses four pinky nude tones that deliver a sparkling result that is more luminescent than glittery for a decidedly grown up glow.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Luxury Palette of Pops: I am all for a single wash of color when in a hurry (of which I somehow always am) and this creamy formula in a tender pinky taupe tone takes care of business in a single swipe. Make it a makeup bag must!
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Eyeshadow: Replete with four softly luminescent pastel shades, this limited edition quad is emblazoned with a delicate feather for the quintessential embodiment of form and function
|Lips…La Mer The Rejuvenating Hydration Set is a must.|
// LIPS // Pink and nude tones are forever flattering and perpetually in my arsenal.
- La Mer The Rejuvenating Hydration Set: This limited-edition holiday set has arrived at the perfect time! Almost a year ago, I purchased the La Mer Lip Volumizer and have since used it almost nightly with great satisfaction as a powerful night treatment for my perennially dry lips. The formula is plush, hydrating and not the slightest bit sticky yet somehow stays on through an entire night of slumber. The subtle sweet mint (not at all tingly) flavor is a welcome addition to the overall composition of this glorious gloss and now that mine is practically finished (see image below), I am excited to have purchased a back up that is paired with a sublime moisturizing hand cream that has promptly taken up residence on my nightstand. This set is a stunning gift to the luxe beauty lover in your life and trust me when I say that you’ll want one for yourself, too.
- *Sisley Lip Pencils in Beige Nature, Tea Rose and Rose Passion: As an ardent fan of Sisley, I don’t know why it has taken me so long to try the brand’s lip pencils but now that I have, I am over the moon to share them with you! Exceptionally smooth with magnificent color payoff, these liners look incredible alone with touch of balm or, of course, when paired with lipstick. They wear evenly and aren’t drying (a common issue with lip liners) and come in a lovely range of tones to compliment the most vast of lip wardrobes. My favorite in this trio is pinky nude Beige Nature (massive surprise, I’m sure and worn in the images at the end of this post) but those who love rosy tones will find great joy in Tea Rose and Rose Passion as well.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Holiday 2020 Lipstick in Enamored: Rich and creamy and in the most flattering shade of medium pink, this satin finish wonder is limited-edition and gorgeously packaged in a luminous ivory and gold case.
- Hermes Lipstick in Beige Tadelakt: I am so glad that this lip color–a brilliantly opaque coral nude a la Audrey Hepburn’s lips in Breakfast at Tiffany’s–is back in stock at Nordstrom! One swipe (worn in the images at the end of this post) offers major coverage and the now iconic Hermes packaging further enhances its allure.
|Use in action…love that I’ve basically finished my first tube of La Mer Lip Volumizer. Ready to start my new one now!|
|Applying Hermes Lipstick in Beige Tadelakt over the *Sisley Lip Pencils in Beige Nature.
|The eye look via Charlotte Tilbury Jewel Pots Eyeshadow in Pillow Talk and *Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Luxury Palette of Pops.|
// STYLE NOTES //
- Sandro Top: Although the top I am wearing is Sandro from last season and no longer available, I found a similar option in an even more versatile HERE. The knit is opaque yet breathable and effortlessly flatters the form.
- Rag & Bone Miramar Faux Jeans Joggers: I must admit, I purchased these pants via Nordstrom thanks to a Facebook ad (who else can relate?!). Apparently the Internet knows that I am ever in search of distressed jeans that feel as comfortable as jogging pants because these are everything I dream of and more. The jean design is deceptively realistic–even at close distance my family thought I was wearing actual jeans–and the lightweight jogging pant feel is every bit as good as it sounds. Throw in some roomy slash pockets and I may never want to wear anything else. Get these…you won’t regret it. They’ll be our secret.
- Fendi FF Logo Sandals: A splurge to be sure, these sandals are chic and utilitarian without being overly clunky. I discovered them at the perfect time (a few days before my wedding anniversary) and have worn them multiple times since then. They run true to size (I typically wear a size 7 and the Fendi 37 is spot on) and required ZERO breaking in. They seem to be selling out quickly so if you are on the line, I would act soon.
|Fendi FF Logo Sandals
|Feeling casual with my best boy, Jethro.|
|Joey’s dress by Peek Kids.|
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this closeup of some of my favorite luxury beauty from Nordstrom and would to know what caught your eye…do tell!
Good things ahead, including a Halloween feature, a fresh video and a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**Many thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-20 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.