|Above: The Cle de Peau Cream Foundation offers medium to full coverage with a natural matte finish that lasts all day.|
Since finding out that my beloved Kanebo Sensai Cream Foundation will no longer be sold in the US, I have been, yet again, on a foundation quest to find the quintessential medium coverage cream foundation with a semi-matte yet skin-like finish that lasts the duration of a long work day and is readily procurable at a retailer in my area. Those who loyally read Beauty Professor know that I have not been reticent in expressing the lengths I will go to obtain a delightful foundation…I enjoy the thrill of the hunt, often the more obscure the product, the better!
During this month, I have tried a host of formulas; I am delighted to report that there are many promising options out there, with the gorgeous Cle de Peau Cream Foundation being the first formula of focus.
|Above: Shade O20 is a light beige suitable for my NC 23-25 skin.|
- Achieves a high-quality finish through the synergy of skincare and makeup ingredients.
- Maintains a long-lasting velvety feel and a just-applied beautiful, radiant finish.
- Blends perfectly into skin with an ultra-light texture.
- Revitalizing Moisture Complex moisturizes and visibly smoothes skin’s texture.
- Green Tea Extract helps to prevent skin cell damage.
- Treatment Lucent Powder EX to bring out natural radiance.
|Above: The precision tip of the squeeze tube guarantees a controlled dispensing of the product.|
|Above: A swatch of O20 in direct sunlight.|
- Has more coverage (medium to full) than the Eve Lom Radiance Lift Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Is slightly more matte than the Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Has similar coverage but is slightly more radiant than the By Terry Cover Expert (reviewed HERE)
- Has a similar finish and coverage but slightly better lasting power than the By Terry Densiliss Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Has more coverage and less radiance than the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Has similar coverage but is slightly less matte (and more skin-like overall) than the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (reviewed HERE)
|Above: The eight shades currently available range from approximately N 10 to NW 40.|
Shade Descriptions (in my experience only):
- I10: Light neutral beige suitable for fair skin tones in the N/NW/NC 10-15 range
- B10: Light rosy beige suitable for fair skin tones in the NW 15 range
- O10: Light neutral to warm beige suitable for fair skin tones in the N/NC 15-20 range
- BF20: Light yellow beige, suitable for fair to light yellow skin tones in the NC 20-23 range
- B20: Light-medium rosy beige, suitable for light/medium skin tones in the NW 20-25 range
- O20: Light-medium neutral to warm beige suitable for light/medium skin tones in the N/NC 23-27 range **This is my perfect match right now!
- B30: Medium rosy beige suitable for medium to medium/dark skin tones in the NW 30-40 range
- O30: Medium neutral to warm beige suitable for medium skin tones in the N/NC 30-35 skin range
|Above: Swatches of all shades in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches of all shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the fair to light shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the light-medium to dark shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: In outdoor partial sun…taken after 8 hours of foundation wear!|
|Above: In outdoor shade.|
|Above: With a flash…no flashback!|
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (as a moisturizer, illuminator, and primer)
- One pump of the By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum in #4 Sunny Flash (to add a subtle golden glow)
- RMS Buriti Bronzer (as a contour and bronzer…reviewed HERE)…applied with the Real Techniques Face Brush
- Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Lip and Cheek Tint in Mystique (detailed HERE)…applied to the apples of my cheeks as blush
- Le Metier de Beaute Liberty of London Kaleidoscope on my eyelids (not currently available)
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown applied with the Anastasia #15 brow brush
- Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Liner in Blacquer (along my lower waterline)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (two coats on upper and lower lashes)
- A mixture of MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink (adore this!) + Dior Fluid Stick in #389 Kiss Me (reviewed HERE) for a long lasting, lushly-hydrating, lilac-infused pink (a favorite combination as of late)
|Above: In intense outdoor lighting.|
|Above: In outdoor shade.|
|Above: Outdoors with a flash.|