|October makeup bag refresh.|
October is here and the slight drop in temperatures has me feeling the fall in novel ways. I’m embracing the season with a bit of a makeup bag refresh and look forward to sharing its contents along with a look at some hair and skincare in rotation and a two monochromatic looks in one of my favorite shades of blue.
|*Camel KUSSHI Makeup Bag|
To commemorate the autumn, I have moved some of my newest pieces into my latest *KUSSHI Makeup Bag. This brilliantly designed leather case has a lining that zips out for easy cleaning, smooth zippers that unzip all the way down on both sides for maximum access and the roomiest interior imaginable for someone who rarely travels light.
The bag–which will be available in this signature camel hue starting 10/6/20–is a worthwhile investment for anyone seeking to take their makeup storage strategy to the next level. Absolutely glorious!
|Hair + skin care.|
// HAIR + SKIN CARE //
- *Sisley-Paris The Blow Dry Brush #2: This round brush with natural bristles smoothes my hair and makes it extra bouncy whether I heat treat or not! It’s an immense value for its price point and if you’re looking for a flat brush to integrate into your routine as well, I wholly recommend the I also The Radiance Brush, which I reach for daily to detangle and add shine.
- *Hair Ritual by Sisley Restructuring Balm: I haven’t had a trim since early April and my ends could definitely use some TLC. Enter: this balm. Already the winner of the Allure Best of Beauty 2020 Awards, this nourishing solid can be used as an overnight deep conditioner or an in-shower treatment to repair split ends and enhance the strength of one’s strands. I’ve been using it weekly for the silkiest hair imaginable.
- *Augustinus Bader The Exfoliating Toner: I am thrilled to be integrating this essence into my skincare routine (post-cleansing, pre-moisturizing) as it helps to increase cell turnover while tightening pores and brightening my canvas with every application. So far, I’ve experienced zero irritation from the hydroxy acid and TFC8 blend…just healthier, bouncier and glower skin. So good.
|*Augustinus Bader The Exfoliating Toner|
- *Ranavat Brightening Saffron Serum: This versatile serum (previously known as Radiant Rani) is a saffron-rich elixir that hydrates and refines while adding a stunning radiance. I love mixing it with my foundation for heightened illumination and also appreciate its soothing power as a nighttime anti-aging treatment…it must be mentioned that it smells divine.
|*Ranavat Brightening Saffron Serum|
- *Serucell KFS Eye Serum: (also available at Verishop): Still a daily part of my eye regimen, this lightweight serum works to banish fine lines and under eye darkness while firming and lifting in the process. I also appreciate that it is lightweight enough to be used both day and night in a variety of environmental contexts.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Volumizing Cream Supreme: This latest CdPB skincare launch is a rich yet quickly absorbed anti-aging cream with the fluffiest texture for an opulent experience with each application. Just a dime sized amount bathes my skin in moisture while plumping, firming and hydrating for a filler-like effect over time and consistent usage (starting week #2 of testing, by the way). I will weigh back in after six weeks but so far, I love how this formula makes my skin look and feel.
|*Clé de Peau Beauté Volumizing Cream Supreme|
|Inside my bag.|
// INSIDE MY BAG // Rife with new textures and tones, this collection of products creates a fresh face that resonates with the fall months.
|Base + face.|
BASE + FACE:
- Supergoop! CC Screen in 326 W (also available at Supergoop!): After initially purchasing a shade that was just a hair too light for my skin tone, I have finally found my perfect match in this 100% mineral tinted sunscreen and have thus been wearing it nonstop. The coverage is medium (buildable to full) with a natural finish that stays in place all day and a little (read: pea-sized amount) goes a long way to even, perfect and protect the skin. I have found that the best application for me is to distribute it with my finger tips all over the center of my face and then blend outward (don’t forget the jawline and neck!) with a dampened beauty sponge for a seamless finish that truly looks simply like really good skin. Please note that swatching it was particularly tricky as it first applies thick and then blends out to a smooth second skin with the warmth of one’s finger tips followed by proper blending. In other words, this is one formula that is definitely prettier on the skin than in a swatch. I am absolutely smitten with this formula…Supergoop! does it again!
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Perfect Concealer #5: Thin yet potent with pristine crease-free coverage, just a dot of this magical liquid takes care of my dark circles while looking nearly invisible on the skin. It’s efficacy incarnate.
- *Wayne Goss Weightless Veil Blush: These resplendent duos, which come in four shade combinations, feature a finely milled blush and coordinating highlighter that can be applied separately or swirled together for an incandescent bespoke flush that is endlessly pretty. You can see swatches in video form HERE and also below. I am especially in love with the demure Blush Peony (worn in the images at the end of this post) and warm sun-kissed Bright Poppy but also can wear the tender Coral Rose and vibrant Vivid Azaela just as easily. Get these…your cheeks will thank you.
|La Prairie and Supergoop! swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The *Wayne Goss Weightless Veil Blush|
|Swatches of the *Wayne Goss Weightless Veil Blush in direct sunlight.|
- *Natasha Denona Glam Palette (also available at Sephora): Since its launch, I have read so many accolades for this sophisticated array of cool neutrals in the most equitable balance of satin, metallic and matte finishes and, after playing with it for the better part of September, I completely understand the praise. This palette is wildly flattering for a variety of skin tones and ages; the buttery formula blends like a dream while resisting creasing and the fact that there are directions for placement on each of the 18 shades makes it effortless to adeptly happy, even when in a rush. This is a Natasha Denona masterpiece, indeed.
- *Kaja Bento Eyeshadow in Toasted Caramel: I am also adding this delightfully flattering warm brown trio to my makeup bag. Glowing, not glittery, with a crease-free color payoff, this compact triad of tones is simply gorgeous and has made me excited to try other products from this Korean brand.
- *EM Cosmetics Dark Espresso Brow Cream: This almost black works well on my deep ash brows to add dimension, depth and feathery hold that lasts all day without flaking. Every product I’ve tried from EM Cosmetics as of late has brought be great joy so far…check out the line and let me know if you’d like other recommendations.
- *RMS Eye Polish in Aura: This posh lavender-meets-gray tone feels like a departure from my warm neutral favorites, which is exactly why I’m putting it on my eyes; changing things up can enhance one’s perspective and love this as a single wash of color for eyes with a subtle glow.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Pushup Lashes: After reading so many incredible reviews on this mascara, I knew I needed to try it; I ordered the travel size which has the same brush as the regular size (important!) and was instantly impressed with its jet black formula and lifting properties. This mascara gives me great volume and length and stays in place with a rich, almost glossy sheen.
|*Natasha Denona Glam Palette swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|*RMS Eye Polish in Aura|
|The red lip look via the CdPB Legend Collection.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
LIPS: I opted for two looks at the end of this post that feel equally wearable but diametrically different. The first is a lush red, punctuated by the Clé de Peau Legends Collection and the second is (surprise!) a reflective pinky nude achieved with four products that are oft in my handbag.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Liquid Rouge Sparkle: I’ve made no secret of my adoration for the Radiant Liquid Rouge formula (it ranks amongst my absolute favorites!) and this twinkling version of a pure red is heavenly. Full coverage yet lightweight with a glossy finish, it stays in place for hours and feels like a moisturizing lip treatment.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Lipstick Cashmere Legend: The Cashmere formula boasts immense hydration and a plush matte finish that doesn’t look flat; I chose to wear this in the images at the end of this post (paired with the Lip Liner Pencil and a dot of the Radiant Liquid Rouge Sparkle) for a complex yet classic red that instantly brightens the entire face.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Lip Liner Pencil: This soft red works well with all the carnelian tones in my collection; it’s ultra smooth, long wearing and resists feathering for a perfect application.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Lipstick Sparkles: This creamy wonder is offset by a touch of sparkling radiance for multidimensional crimson lips…just lovely.
- Jouer Lip Liner in Pink Champagne: I love this lip liner so much that I regularly order it in multiples (ordering two more tonight!). The pinky nude has a touch of shimmer that works with all of my lighter lip tones and sometimes, I just wear it by itself for a natural yet volumized look.
- Pat McGrath Lip Fetish Devinyl Lip Shine in Nude Venus: This ethereal pinky nude has a cream finish for baby lips in a single swipe.
- *Givenchy Le Rose Liquid Lip Balm in 001 Perfect Pink: Translucent with a cellophane finish, this pink gloss adjusts to one’s pH for a customized rosy glow that hydrates while enlivening the face.
- Givenchy Le Rose Perfecto Liquid Lip Balm in 002 Frosted Nude: A pearly pale pink with a touch of shimmer, this gloss has a 1960s vibe that lightens up a darker lip in a single coat. I also love wearing it by itself for a “no makeup makeup” look.
|The pinky nude quartet.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Lip newness from Lisa Eldridge…from L-R: Embrace Gloss in Go Lightly, Muse and Beauty and Velvet Lip Color in Velvet Muse, Velvet Beauty and Velvet Ribbon.|
Finally, I wanted to give you a peek at the lip newness from Lisa Eldridge that just launched. I created a try on video for six lip products HERE and for those who desire static swatches, enjoy the below. The lip glosses (which are quickly selling out) are plush, hydrating and offer a gorgeous wash of nourishing color while the velvet lipsticks are intensely pigmented, long wearing and flawless. The entire line is every bit as exquisite as one would expect from the illustrious Ms. Eldridge!
|Lisa Eldridge lip swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect everything in action in afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES // Light blue on light blue worn two different ways with a classic pair of d’Orsay pumps for good measure. This color lifts my mood while feeling perfect for casual days at home or online.
- Light Blue Button Down: Crisp and timeless with slightly oversized styling, this I reach for this cotton blouse countless times a month.
- Topshop Blue Cardigan: Entranced by its creamy tone of light sky blue, I ordered this cardigan last month and am so glad that I did. The sweater can be worn alone or atop a tee for a chic layered look when the temperatures drop. It’s an early 1960s dream!
- AGOLDE Crisscross Upsize High Waist Jeans: I purchased these nearly a year ago (where does the time go?) and still wear them all the time. They are the perfect balance between fitted and relaxed and can be worn unrolled or cuffed for some extra panache. I also have them in black…highly recommended.
- D’Orsay Kitten Heel: Demure and comfortable, these pumps feel like flats with a slight edge…so good.
- Oribe Hair Pony: In the second half of the images, I threw my hair in a ponytail and fastened it with this geometric pony holder that catches the eye while still remaining sleek and minimalist; its the epitome of Oribe luxury with a utilitarian dimension. Currently, get 20% off anything on the Oribe site now through 10/8 with code ORIBEOBSESSED.