|Above: By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur…same Baume de Rose formula with a delightful tinted finish.|
|Above: Rosy Babe…perfect for pink lovers.|
|Above (from L-R): Rosy Babe, Mandarina Pulp and Cherry Bomb.|
- #1 Rosy Babe…a soft, baby pink
- #2 Mandarina Pulp…a bright coral orange
- #3 Cherry Bomb…a gorgeous red-meets-fuchsia
|Above: The three new shades…so cheerful and promising.|
|Above: Swatches in indoor lighting.|
|Above: Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Above: The products for my clean, French-inspired look.|
|Above: Loving my experience thus far with this rich, ultra-natural, highly-effective formula!|
- Dr. Macrene Skin Results 37 Extreme Actives Anti-Aging Cream: I have been experimenting with this skincare for the past few days and am boundlessly intrigued by the whipped texture and “one product serves all purposes” philosophy. I feel like it’s made my skin smoother and brighter and very balanced feeling; I will continue to test it and weigh back in after a few weeks!
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 as a primer: My daily non-negotiable. May this never be discontinued.
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in #5 Natural (buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender): Still loving this for warm days due to its flawless coverage and extreme lasting power.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Killer Cheekbones Bronze + Glow (as a contour, bronzer + highlighter): Reviewed HERE, this is a staple in the sculpting category…so worth the investment. Available at Nordstrom, Net-A-Porter and Selfridges.
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blushes in Duchesse, Parfait and Se Pomponner in the Large Compact (lightly swirled together and applied to apples of the cheeks): New to my Surratt Beauty collection, I am adoring this trio of blushes (also swatched HERE) of varying degrees of peach and pink intensity. Worn separately or together, the shades and finish are exquisite.
- Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pencil in Brunette: When I desire a lush, more defined brow than my trusty By Terry Eyebrow Mascara creates, this delicate, ash brown retractable pencil is the unequivocal answer. It fills brows beautifully (while still looking wholly natural) and stays in place until removed. Yet another winner from the Surratt Beauty line!
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara: Still in the testing phase with this formula, but initial impressions confirm that the mascara is extremely black (yes!) and builds volume and length adeptly. No smudging or flaking, even after over 7 hours of wear. Full review soon. Available at Selfridges and in Net-a-Porter’s Golden Goddess and Bigger Brighter Eyes sets.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur Rosy Babe #1 alone on the lips: This subtle baby pink has just enough color to look like something on the lips; couple this confectionary shade with the luxurious performance of Baume de Rose and it’s already inherent appeal is doubled. Magnifique! Available at Space NK, Barney’s NY and B-Glowing.
|Above: Only a few products for a full, yet understated, face.|
|Above: Swatches of the products used in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Rosy Babe with a flash.|
|Above: Rosy Babe without a flash.|
|Above: Only two products for the eyes…the Surratt Expressioniste Brow Pencil + two coats of the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara.|
Bottom Line: I am so glad I decided to pick up the By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur in Rosy Babe (available at Space NK, Barney’s NY and B-Glowing); the delicate pink is pure delight to wear and the rich, hydrating formula performs just as well as the original clear version (which I adore with equal vehemence). This formula is an excellent choice for those seeking a moisturizing lip treatment with an ultra-flattering, lightly-flushed color tint that is both subtle and sophsiticated. I hope you enjoyed this review and the subsequent “French-inspired look.” I had a ball experimenting with an ultra-pared down approach ; )
Have a beautiful Monday…good things ahead on BP, including another foundation review, a new fragrance profile and the draw for the Rouge Bunny Rouge Raw Garden in Chronos Palette Giveaway!
–The Beauty Professor