|Elements on my Paris packing list.|
|All shades of the *Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation|
- 002: Fair beige with rosy undertones @N/NW 10-15
- 012: Pale alabaster with neutral undertones @N/NC 10
- 013: Fair-light beige with rosy undertones @N/NW 15-20
- 113: Fair-light beige with yellow undertones @N/NC 20
- 123: Light-medium beige with yellow undertones @N/NC 23-25
- 143: Medium golden beige with warm olive undertones @N/NC 27-30
- 213: Light-medium beige with neutral undertones @N/NC/NW 20
- 301: Rich tan with warm undertones @N/NC/NW 35-40
- 302: Lush brown with warm undertones @N/NC/NW 42-45
- 303: Deepest chocolate with neutral undertones @N/NC/NW 45-50+
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in outdoor shade.|
Who it’s for: All skin types.
What it does: Formulated with light-diffusing minerals to brighten and minimize pores, this lightweight serum foundation contains weightless skin-conditioning emollients that improve the hydration and health of skin for a flawless and comfortable complexion all day. It nourishes skin with minerals from the deep waters of Bretagne, and contains soft-focus pigments to brighten while reducing the appearance of pores and discolorations. It contains a signature blend of jojoba, olive and squalane oils and shea butter to leave skin soft and supple.
- 1.01 oz.
- Paraben-free; petroleum-free; artificial color-free; synthetic fragrance-free; mineral oil-free
- Not tested on animals
- *Eleni and Chris ChroMin Set: This beautiful shampoo and conditioner duo is designed to be extra gentle for colored hair but, due to its lush hydrating properties, can also be very effective on uncolored hair (like mine) as well. It’s choc full of premium ingredients and smells luxe.
- *Oribe Apres Beach Purse Size Wave & Shine Spray: Let it be know, I never hop on a plane without this mini haircare gem; it fights static, adds body and yields gorgeous shine on one’s tresses…it’s a packing must-have.
- *Ranavat Mighty Majesty Hair and Body Serum (reviewed HERE): I deeply appreciate the fact that this intoxicatingly fragranced oil can be used on the hair (for extra conditioning) and body (for serious hydration) alike.
- *Kate Somerville ExfoliKate: I generally need to seriously exfoliate 2-3 times during a longer trip and ExfoliKate has been one of my top formulas of choice for years…it makes skin crazy soft without irritation.
- *Orlane Cafeine Supradose: On mornings when my face is extra puffy (is it ever not when traveling?), I apply a couple of drops (which can also be mixed into moisturizer) of this genius concentrated caffeine formula; it helps to reduce inflammation and refresh and tighten my skin, prepping it for the makeup to come.
- *La Prairie White Caviar Creme Extraordinaire (reviewed HERE): Still on heavy rotation, the way this cream brightens, tightens and lifts made toting the lavishly weighty jar to another continent worth it. I used it day and night as my central anti-aging treatment.
- *Bioderma Sensibio H2O: A European classic, this micellar water is excellent for sensitive skin (and eyes!) and its cleansing properties never cease to amaze me.
- *Endure Lash Cloths: Defying all reason, these diminutive cloths (that even have a pocket for your fingers for easy operation) adeptly remove all traces of makeup–including waterproof eyes makeup–without tugging, pulling or disrupting one’s lashes. I use a touch of the above Bioderma as a companion to the Endure and love how the pair leave my skin immensely smooth and clean.
- *Oribe Lacquer High Shine Nail Polish in The Nude (reviewed HERE): On my toes day after day, this is the perfect clean beige for nude lovers.
- *Luna Lacquer in Nudist: I recently became acquainted with this independent nail polish brand and am impressed with its vast range of shade offerings and finishes. Nudist is a beige-tinged fresh cream shade that, in a single coat, delivers shiny and minimalist chic to nails.
|Cleanser and nails.|
|Paris makeup for the day.|
|Base + face.|
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter #4 (reviewed HERE): I have been using this multi-tasking formula as a glowing primer as of late and couldn’t be happier with the even incandescence it imparts. It’s a wonder product, indeed!
- *Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation in a mix of #123 and #143: One pump of each of these shades–blended with a Beauty Blender–gives me self-setting medium coverage and a tender radiance that lasts the day. So very good.
- Sensai Highlighting Concealer HC03 Luminous Almond: I concentrated application of this concealer in my under eye region and along any shadows/lines of my face for enhanced refinement. Keep reading for a closeup on the formula as well as swatches of all four available shades.
- *Giorgio Armani Neo-Nude A-Contour: Just a touch along my hairline and the bridge of my nose for depth and warmth. The doe-foot applicator makes precision contouring a dream!
- *BY TERRY Sun Designer #06 Happy Sun (reviewed HERE): Resplendent and beyond, this bronzing palette has earned a permanent place in my handbag. I love using my *Surratt Beauty Artistique Cheek Brush to apply the matte shades on the right side of the palette to gently sculpt and warm up the face and use the radiant hues for additional dimension. In the look that follows, I also used the satin finish hues on my eyes.
- *Giorgio Armani Neo-Nude A-Blush #50: This water-based blush feels like a veritable watercolor for the cheeks; it can be applied extremely sheer or built up for greater opacity. I applied to the apples of my cheeks for a touch of flush.
- *Neo-Nude A Highlight: Pearly champagne in a purse-friendly tube, this highlighter (keep scrolling for swatches) is alluringly demure and flattering for all skin tones.
- Giorgio Armani Neo-Nude Compact Foundation in 5.5: To set my look (as well as for touch ups over the course of the day), I swept this powder all over my face, starting in the center and moving outward. Although it is barely visible in swatches (keep an eye out for a product overview later on on in this post), it offers just enough coverage to feel significant, making it one of my favorite product launches of the year thus far. I have been using it daily since buying and likely will need to pick up a backup.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The Sensai Highlighting Concealer has a click brush applicator for precision and portability.|
|Swatches in indoor lighting.|
|My picks from the Giorgio Armani Beauty Neo-Nude Collection|
- Neo-Nude Compact Foundation: This finely milled powder adds a surprising level of light to medium coverage with a radiant finish that makes skin look ethereally pretty and extra flawless. I have been using #5.5 nonstop as a setting powder and mid-day touch up formula since picking it up in Paris…it’s simply divine and unlike any powder I have ever tried.
- *Neo-Nude A-Contour: A pure brown liquid cream that effortlessly contours while adding a subtle warmth to the face. Additionally, the doe foot applicators for the A- products is wise and easy to maneuver!
- *Neo-Nude A-Blush #50: A baby pink rose for a natural flush on the apples of the cheeks.
- *Neo-Nude A Highlight: A gleaming champagne beige that looks at home on the high points of the face.
|Heavy swatches of the Neo-Nude Compact Foundation in indoor lighting.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eyes and lips.|
- *BY TERRY Sun Designer #06 Happy Sun (reviewed HERE): I used this compact on my eyes as well, further emphasizing its utilitarian nature. Mixing the three shimmery shades on the left, I blended upward for a soft neutral effect.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper: My mom has been raving about the performance of this liner for years and only recently have I begun to play with it; it truly lives up to her accolades, my friends. Jet black and completely indelible, I love it for a mini wing on my upper lash line.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Still my brow formula of choice, just a bit adds polish, color, feathery fullness and hold all day.
- BY TERRY Lash Expert Twist Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats will positively transform your lashes…it’s all I’ve been using since January. Try it and you’ll see why!
- *Hourglass Confession Lipstick in No One Knows (reviewed HERE): This lively and opaque peachy pink has a lovely warmth and depth that looks great on a spectrum of skin tones. This is definitely my favorite hue in this genius lipstick formula.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Smiling on the Seine.|
|The eye look.|
|In Saint Germain.|
|Wandering on Rue Saint Honore.|
|Style notes at the Louvre.|
- Ragdoll LA Black Mesh Tee: I now have two of these in my closet and both are on heavy rotation…it’s the perfect embodiment of understated chic.
- Frame Le Original Jeans: Perhaps my most favorite jeans on the planet, this particular pair is the quintessential balance of casual and timeless.
- Gucci Leather Belt: I reach for this every time I want to take a basic outfit to the next-level. It’s an investment piece well worth the pursuit.
- Vintage Gucci Bamboo Handbag: I found this pre-owned gem on The Real Real and couldn’t be happier with its quality and performance. The bamboo handles are iconic and the cross body strap adds an additional element of versatility.
- Nike Huarache Tennis Shoes: Bouncy and extraordinarily comfortable, these are the shoes I reach for the most when I know that a lot of walking in store.
- Equipment France Cashmere Cardigan: Wildly lightweight yet exceptionally warm, this cardigan has pockets, making it my cocoon of choice for a long day out.
- Ray-Ban Clubround Polarized Sunglasses: Iconic and oh-so-easy to wear, this polarized pair blocks rays while keeping eyes relaxed and comfortable.
|With my husband at Le Marais.|
|At the Seine.|