|Bouncy skin and plum tones.|
|The full look.|
- *SKII Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE): I started by using this iconic toning formula to smooth and hydrate while refining my pores. I’ve been using this day and night and love how it calms my skin while keeping it at its best.
- *MDNA The Beauty Roller: Ahh…this highly lauded facial roller feels amazing on the skin and the results (an increase in circulation and reduction in puffiness) are undeniable. Currently, this gem is on sale!
- *Graydon Skincare Face Glow (reviewed HERE): I applied a single pump of this softly-tinted moisturizer-illuminator hybrid and love the way it prepares my canvas for makeup to come.
- *Westman Atelier Foundation Stick VI (reviewed HERE): My quintessential winter skin match in this buildable formula, I swept a few passes across the center of my face and blended outward with a damp beauty sponge. I love the clean ingredients and natural skin that this foundation imparts…the coverage is variable, lending to a custom result.
- *Becca Light Shifter Brightening Concealer (also available at Beautylish): I applied shade 2.5 Gamma Ray in my under eye region to brighten up the area and then used a bit of 3 Meteoric along the center of my face for a touch of illuminating coverage. More details on this new formula (as well as sunlit swatches of all eight shades) a little later in this post
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light (reviewed HERE): I used my trusty *Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush to apply this favorite bronzer along the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face. It’s a gorgeous balance of warmth, depth and incandescence.
- *Iconic London Illuminator in Original (reviewed HERE): Just a drop on the high points of my face for a glassy beam of light…I’ve used this single bottle for nearly three years, making it an excellent investment.
- *BY TERRY Brightening CC Powder #3 Apricot Glow (reviewed HERE): I embraced my feathery *Wayne Goss Fan Brush to lightly apply this radiant powder all over my face. Like a veritable filter, it blurs imperfections and sets everything in place for hours on end. This particular shade is sold out at most retailers but I found it in stock HERE.
- Natasha Denona Cranberry Palette (reviewed HERE): Of all of the Natasha Denona palettes I own, I find myself reaching for this five shade option most frequently. Rife with a balance of warm rosy tones and cool pink, lavender and pearl hues, it works for day and night, year round. If you haven’t yet tried it, I implore you to do so.
- *Em Cosmetics Micro-Fluff Sculpting Brow Cream in Universal Taupe (also available on Amazon Prime): I am over the moon for this exquisite brow formula which features a diminutive angled brush to effectively reach every single brow hair. It adds color, volume and hold in a few strokes and the universal taupe tone (without the slightest hint of red) is sure to match most brow hues in the center of the spectrum.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats creates a stunning false look effect (length and volume galore) without budging all day.
- *Dear Dahlia Paradise Aurora Shine Lip Treatment in Morning Dew (reviewed HERE): For rich hydration that lasts all day, I applied a slick of this slightly pink of this treatment formula on bare lips.
- *Au Naturale Lipstick in Innocence: Despite having approximately 73947 pink lipsticks, this particular shade is peerless in my collection. A delicate plummy mauve with a velvety finish, this completely clean formula has become a staple in my handbag. I applied a full coat for maximum coverage.
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lipstick in Bare: For a touch of dimension, I added a touch of this creamy beige (great for “no-makeup makeup” days) to the center of my lower lip.
- Tom Ford Luxe Lip Gloss in Ravish (reviewed HERE): I finished the look with a bit of the this warm pinky nude gloss for a wash of neutral shine.
|Swatches of base products in sunlight.|
|Swatches of eyes and lips in sunlight.|
|The *Becca Light Shifter Brightening Concealer (also available at Beautylish) comes in eight shades to match a spectrum of skin tones.|
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
– Hyaluronic Acid: Adds a soothing burst of hydration instantly and over time.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, silicones, mineral oil, and phthalates. This product is also vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free.
What Else You Need to Know: Light Shifter Brightening Concealer uses BECCA’s Light Shifting Pigments to instantly brighten the complexion and add natural luminosity to the high points of the face. Infused with hyaluronic acid, the radiant formula is perfect for a soothing burst of hydration instantly and over time. This hydrating product is non-acnegenic and is dermatologist reviewed and ophthalmologist tested.
in direct sunlight.
|A shiny plum lip look via a base coat of the *Dear Dahlia Paradise Aurora Shine Lip Treatment in Morning Dew (reviewed HERE) topped with *Au Naturale Lipstick in Innocence, Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lipstick in Bare (in the center) and a slick of the Tom Ford Luxe Lip Gloss in Ravish (reviewed HERE).|
|A radiant rosy eye via the Natasha Denona Cranberry Palette (reviewed HERE)|
- Sandro Paisley Blouse: Currently on sale, this chic blouse’s pattern reminds me of the very best of the late 1960’s; it has ruffled collar details that can be buttoned high or left undone (as pictured) for a more casual look.
- High waist black skinny jeans: Versatile and classic, a good pair of high waisted skinny jeans should slim and flatter…these do both!
- Gold Lion Door Knocker Earrings: I am in love with this vintage pair of earrings (received for my birthday) as they add instant flair to an otherwise pared down outfit. I’ve scoured the Internet and an array of similar options can be found HERE.
- Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers: Ever on my feet, these sneakers are as comfortable as clouds…even though I purchased these two years ago and they are long gone, I’ve linked to the latest color combination in neutral hues. They’re currently in my cart ; )
Good things ahead, including some new discoveries from the Nordstrom beauty floor, a look at the BY TERRY Paris by Light and Paris by Night palettes, a fresh beauty tutorial and a highly requested overview of the supplements I’m currently taking for health, hair, skin and general well-being.
xx and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor