Today’s post is dedicated to approachable beauty…the kind of style and makeup look that feels fresh and effortless without breaking the bank.
I am excited to share some delightfully versatile and useful product discoveries on heavy rotation–from foundation and lips to haircare and timeless style, all purchased from Walmart–with, of course swatches galore and a golden hour look.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of everything in action as well as the Bottom Line (which includes some major announcements!)…
// The Beauty Breakdown //
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion Natural Glow Medium: This highly lauded glowing base adds moisture, dimension and glow under and over makeup. I used it as a radiant primer for the look at the end of this post. Pro tip: use a touch on your arms and legs for a healthy and etherial incandescence that blurs imperfections.
- L’Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation 308 Sun Beige: Buildable medium-full coverage with a natural finish that doesn’t budge or transfer? Yes, please! I have been wearing this $10 base nonstop as of late; it is lightweight, fragrance-free, comfortable for all day wear and truly stays in place all day. Sun Beige is a spot on match for my NC 27 -30 skin (it doesn’t oxidize in my experience) and it comes in a vast range of shades. Thanks to its natural (rather than matte) finish, my skin looks poreless yet authentic and feels extremely balanced. For perspective, it’s currently midnight as I type this and I’ve had this foundation on for 16 hours and it’s still going strong. Highly recommended.
- Milani Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer 40 Pure Beige: I concentrate application of this creamy concealer in my under eye region; it banishes dark circles without creasing and lasts all day.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer Deep: This bronze is brilliant for soft contouring and adding warmth to the face…it smells like a vacation (a girl can dream) and features a buildable velvet finish.
- Milani Baked Powder Blush 01 Dolce Pink: Luminous and instantly face brightening, just a touch of this powder blusher on the apples of the cheeks delivers a youthful flush and glow on par with its much more expensive contemporaries.
- Physicians Formula Dewy Highlighter Honey Dew: I used this gorgeous rose gold cream illuminator as the sole product on my eyes (outside of liner) as I’ve been really into a clean and simple eye. It adds just the right touch of color and radiance and features an extremely clean ingredient list.
- Maybelline Brow Fast Sculpt in Medium Brown: My brows are low maintenance but one “must” in my routine is brow gel and this very affordable formula ranks amongst the best I’ve tried.
- Maybelline Hyper Easy Brush Tip Liner: This liquid liner rivals many of the pricier formulas in my collection. The fine tip allows for great precision and the ebony ink it imparts is resists smudging or flaking…it’s exceptional.
- Maybelline Bambi Eye Mascara: I appreciate the stalwart nature of this mascara…it’s fabulous for building wispy length and does not budge.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in Blackest Black: Jet black and volume-boosting, this mascara creates full and fluffy lashes in a single coat.
- *Laura Mercier Lip Liner in Baby Lips: This classic hue–peachy nude meets coral pink–offers a flattering flush and great definition that stays in place for hours. It works well as a seamless base for my warmer lip tones and the cream texture hydrates on contact.
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss Liplift: I recently rediscovered this gem in my stash and forgot how much I appreciate its ability to fill in fine lines and prep lips for the lip color to come. Consider it an opulent primer, created specifically for one’s pout.
- Milani Keep It Full Lip Plumper in Luminoso: Smooth and bouncy with intense reflective shine, this gloss adds volume and a gorgeous wash of pinky peach color. I love it over lip liner as worn in the images at the end of this post.
- *Kerastase Genesis Fortifying Shampoo: Not only does this luxe shampoo smell incredible (a little fruity, a touch sweet, very fresh), it also performs like a dream to gently cleanse hair and fortify it against breakage. I just finished my first bottle and ordered a second…that, my friends, says a lot.
- *Kerastase Genesis Restructuring Mask: I use this nourishing mask once a week to deeply hydrated and protect my long tresses; just 3-5 minutes in the shower (while I shave!) and it leaves my hair soft and manageable without weighing it down.
- *Crave Naturals Detangling Brush: Ahh! This brush positively glides through the most pernicious snarls (wet or dry) with adept grace, smoothing strands without incurring breakage. To say that I am utterly impressed would be an understatement…it even works on Joey’s fine and oft-tangly baby hair and a portion of proceeds goes to support Wigs for Kids.
The following images reflect everything in action in late afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES //
- Leopard Slip Dress: At the center of this relaxed look is this gorgeous slip dress by Scoop. As a longtime fan of the brand, I have been ordering pieces from the line via Walmart for the last couple of months and have already worn this dress multiple times. Beautifully cut with a 1990’s square neckline (too cold to showcase when I shot this look), it looks good alone while being roomy enough to be layered over a bodysuit.
- Gray Sweatshirt: Due to the cool late-November temperatures, I tossed a gray sweatshirt over the dress and love how it dresses everything down while still feeling classic. I wear an oversized gray sweatshirt multiple times as week, which makes this men’s two-pack and utter steal.
- Trench Coat: A beige trench goes with absolutely everything, year round, and I love that this one also comes in a range of hues should you feel like a pop of color.
- Belt Bag: Now that Joey doesn’t require as many baby accoutrements when we’re out and about, I can get by with a much smaller bag for short excursions. A belt bag is a marvelous way to hold your essentials and keep your hands free; in my case I have my phone in one hand and Joey’s hand in the other!
- Sandals: I love a good “sport sandal,” especially with a dress…these brown and black (my favorite color combination of all!) are neutral to match a myriad of outfits and the cushioned footbed guarantees comfort for hours.
- Shirt Dress: I bought this darling dress earlier this fall and–in light of my animal print theme–used it as a backdrop to shoot the products discussed at the start of this story. It’s even more adorable on the human frame.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this approachable beauty and style breakdown and would love to know what caught your eye…these accessible discoveries from Walmart are well worth the pursuit!
Good things ahead as well head into the latter part of Thanksgiving week including my annual shopping guide for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and a MAJOR Beauty Professor collaboration announcement; I’m truly excited to finally be able to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon…grateful for you!
–The Beauty Professor
**Many thanks to Walmart for sponsoring this post. Asterisks denote press samples, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-20 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.