December: A month of much reveling and very little sleep! That precarious ratio, without a doubt, can take a toll on the orbital area and today I am thrilled to be sharing an freshly-released antidote to the fatigue sustained within one’s eyes, complements of the venerable Mila Moursi line (also available at Beautylish and SpaceNK and reviewed HERE and HERE). I have coupled this newfound freshness with a few novel beauty finds (including foundation!) that create a polished wintertime look.
The Mila Moursi Triple Action Eye Contour Cream is genius. Housed in an airtight tube to keep active ingredients at their full potency, this formula is instantly hydrating and the metal applicator tip adds a cooling sensation that is positively revitalizing!
Thicker than a gel but lighter than a traditional cream, the texture is soothing and absorbs immediately; the scent is incredibly light and doesn’t irritate my perpetually sensitive (thanks, allergies and contact lens) eyes.
Designed to tighten, brighten and lift on contact, I am finding myself using this cream both morning and night for added reinforcements. Although I don’t battle major dark circles, my compromised sleeping schedule has definitely created some bags and this cream has made a difference. I like to apply a bit with the cooling tip, then use my ring finger to gently tap it into my orbital area.
Like everything in the Mila Moursi line, consistency is emphasized and valued over the promise of instant results and so I shall continue to use this regularly and weigh back in next month. So far, however, my mom and I are both loving our experience with this formula!
brightening eye cream combines the ultimate in nature and science to
help reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffy eyes
are rejuvenated and fine lines reduced through the combination of
plant-based, revitalizing anti-aging actives and moisturizing amino
acids that mimic the skin’s natural moisturizing capabilities for
- Powerful anti-oxidant actives simultaneously shield the eye’s delicate skin from environmental stress
|Above: Mila Moursi specialists applying the Triple Action Eye Contour Mask during a special event at Barney’s Beverly Hills.
- Reveal brighter, revitalized eyes with this no-rinse, one-step Bio Cellulose mask
- Boost skin’s microcirculation with a combination of lifting and firming anti-aging peptides
- Eye contour area is hydrated with hyaluronic acid and collagen while Immortelle Extract combats fine lines
- Apple stem cells and Royal Jelly provide a natural lift for a lasting, eye-opening glow
|Above: With the gracious and radiant Mila Moursi at the debut of her new eye products at Barney’s NY Beverly Hills.
To complement Mila Moursi-induced bright eyes, I created a clean makeup look that features the new Edward Bess Flawless Illusion Transforming Full Coverage Foundation, some gems from Le Metier de Beaute and a gleaming pink gloss…full breakdown as follows:
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #02 (reviewed HERE) as a illuminating base.
- Edward Bess Flawless Illusion Transforming Full Coverage Foundation in shade Medium…this fragrance-free foundation is a solid cream with instant medium coverage that is effortlessly buildable to full coverage. As soon as I saw it on the Neiman Marcus website, I knew that I had to try it and I am certainly glad I acquiesced to my whim! I prefer to apply this with a slightly dampened Beauty Blender for the most seamless coverage and I would deem this a natural skin finish…it is neither dewy nor overly matte but it does take on a slightly radiant look (which I don’t mind at all) over the course of wear. It banishes the look of pores and fine lines without looking like a mask and feels comfortable and breathable while boasting magnificent longevity. I am smitten, indeed!
- *Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint in Zinnia blended with my ring finger onto the apples of my cheeks. This gleaming medium pink offers a just pinched look with a slight glow…so uplifting and natural!
- *Le Metier de Beaute Indelible Eye Prism in Lurex…a golden light bronze with subtle luminosity, this easy to apply (hello, doe foot!) eye shadow makes for a beautiful wash of color over lids; it is also creaseless and incredibly long lasting. In the images that follow, I blended it on my upper lid and along my lower lash line for a warm, slightly shimmering effect.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Dualistic Gel Eye Liner in Sequoia…a rich and creamy brown (read: not quite matte, but no shimmer) in one of the smoothest formulas on the market, this eyeliner glides on without tugging and stays in place for hours For the look below, I applied a touch on my lower waterline and focused the majority of my attention on the upper lash line to create a softly smudged winged line.
- *Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Gloss in Reckless Bloom…Ahh…there is just something about a new pink lip gloss to lift one’s spirits. Estee Lauder had been captivating my attention lately with its gorgeously high-performance releases and this latest formula in the lip color range does not disappoint. Pigmented, hydrating and long wearing without feeling particularly sticky, this gloss offers a mirror like shine that adds volume and dimension to the lips. Couple that with a subtle vanilla scent that is alluring without being overpowering and this gloss isn’t leaving my handbag any time soon!
|Above: Cheeks and lips under control.
|Above: The Edward Bess Flawless Illusion Foundation comes in a sleek and shiny compact.
|Above: Shade Medium is a befitting match for
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
Meet a breakthrough smart-makeup that
redefines foundation and defies all expectations. The revolutionary
formula combines the moisture benefits of a cream based makeup with
optic blurring powders to create the illusion of an immaculate
complexion. Pure color pigments transform within this cream-to-powder
formula to deliver full coverage that remains lightweight and
comfortable on the skin. Built-in memory technology ensures this unique
two-in-one formula blends seamlessly so the complexion looks
dramatically smoother and more perfected.
|Above: Buildable and long lasting with a natural, skin finish, I have a feeling I will be reaching for this foundation all season!
|Above: A swatch of Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Gloss in Reckless Bloom…a gorgeous nude rose.
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.
|Above: Last look.
provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me),
however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally
my own. ©
2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or
republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.