This is the first installment of “The Sensational Seven…Seven Products I Currently Adore.” As the weather has definitely warmed up, I am finding myself gravitating towards these seven products regularly…some are older, others quite new, but all work in harmony to give me a simple summer look that effortlessly withstands the heat. Scroll down for details, descriptions and plenty of swatches at the end!
2. I recently placed my first Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics order after reading countless posts on lip tars and, most currently, their freshly available Skin Conceal. This highly pigmented concealer can be worn over or under foundation to add a very believable layer of extra coverage, and can also be worn alone as a perfecting base. Since it is so concentrated, only a dab is necessary for fantastic opacity and a natural finish. I selected Y2, which is a light-to-medium, yellow-based beige (between NC 25 and NC 30). Between its ability to conceal everything and still look like actual skin and its skin-friendly ingredients, this little gem is a find!
3. Giorgio Armani Beauty released a new cadre of Eyes to Kill shadows for Summer 2012 and, after seeing swatches online, picked up #24, which is light charcoal with gold flecks. It reminds me of a darker version of my favorite ETK in #15 (which yields more obvious gold and bronze tones) and I am enjoying wearing it under my eyes for a subtle, super long lasting smokey finish (see pictures at end of post).
4. The Chanel Extrait d’ Gloss in Caprice (#67) is a new release for Fall 2012 at Nordstrom. I really like the Extrait formula (and also own Genie) because it is hydrating, long lasting and rather thick (almost cushiony) without being sticky. Recent reviews on Caprice have been mixed…some have reported it to be uninspired and not particularly exciting but I feel the opposite. A pale peachy pink lip color in a fabulous formula is always exciting to me and I love wearing this alone (scroll on for lip swatch) or over other pale colors for a creamy finish.
5. I received Le Metier de Beaute’s Blushing Bronzed Duet in Traviata when I visited Florida last month and only lately have realized what a treasure this two-toned powder is. One part pale bronze and one part shimmering coral, I love mixing the colors to create a very believable bronzed flush that instantly brightens up the face.
|Swatches of every product in natural light.|
|Close Ups from L-R: 1. Ellis Faas Skin Veil in #104, 2. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin Conceal in Y2,
3. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Shadow in #24 and 4. Chanel Extrait d’Gloss in Caprice #67 in natural light.
|Close Ups from L-R: 5. Le Metier Blushing Bronzed Duo in Traviata, 6. OCC Lip Tar in Divine and 7. OCC Lip Tar in Hush in natural light.|
|Chanel Extrait d’Gloss in Caprice (#67) alone on the lips.|
|All seven products are being worn in the images above…Ellis Faas Skin Veil and OCC Skin Conceal on the face, LMdB Blushing Bronzer in Traviata on the cheeks and down the nose, GA Eyes to Kill #24 under the eyes and a combination of OCC Lip Tars in Hush and Divine with Chanel Extrait d’Gloss in Caprice on top.|
What about you? Have you tried any of the “Sensational Seven?” What are you currently loving?
–The Beauty Professor ; )