|Above: Retailing for $85, the Marula Botanical Eye Serum comes in a .96 fl oz. bottle.|
Ingredients: Sclerocarya birrea (Maurla Essential Oil), De-ionized Water, Clycerine BP, Glyceryl polyacrylate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Rose Otto (Rosa Damascena), Calendula Officnalis (Calendula flower) Extract, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol Ethylhexylglycerin, D. Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
**Formulated with NO Parabens, mineral oils, BPA, petrochemicals, synthetic emulsifiers, toxic preservatives, phthlates, DEA, TEA, synthetic colors or fragrances. 100% Vegan and never tested on animals!
|Above: Since I only use two pumps a day, I envision this bottle lasting nearly a year with regular use.|
According to the African Botanics website:
Marula Botanical Eye Serum is formulated to immediately lift, firm & smooth the delicate eye contour area while imparting radiance & long lasting hydration. Corrects the signs of aging – puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles & lack of firmness.
- Marula Oil is Africa’s miracle oil. Hand harvested by women in village collectives from the exotic fruit seed kernels of bio-dynamic Marula trees, indigenous to Southern Africa. Rich in Vitamins C + E & Oleic Acid. Heals skin tissue, reduces redness & transepidermal water loss, improves skin’s elasticity & firmness. Marula Oil helps nourish, moisturize and soften dry skin, while providing antioxidant protection.
- Soy Protein – is a Plant Peptide. The building blocks of proteins, peptides have become an essential ingredient in anti-aging skin care. Peptides are a string of amino acids that are held together by bonds of nitrogen and carbon. Short chain peptides are able to penetrate the epidermis and send signals to cells, informing them how to function. Soy Protein has a tightening effect on skin. Retains moisture, stimulates collagen synthesis & encourages cell turnover to ensure smoother, firmer and more radiant skin.
- Rose Otto – hydro distilled at low temperature from majestic freshly picked Damascus roses. Rose Otto, with its complex chemical profile of at least 275 compounds, possesses a vast number of therapeutic applications. Topically applied, Rose Otto beautifully supports skin’s health and radiance. A rejuvenating oil, Rose helps restore moisture balance and is used, both in massage and inhalation therapy, to enhance circulation, deeply nourish the tissues and to promote a healthy inflammatory response. Astringent effect on capillaries just below the skin surface – useful to diminish redness caused by enlarged capillaries. Also promotes collagen.
- Calendula Flower Extract – Repairs skin on cellular level – can soothe and heal dry and/or damaged skin. It is often compared to Neosporin. Loaded with powerful healing substances, has been used for centuries to heal wounds and reduce inflammation. Calendula also promotes blood circulation.
- Vitamin E (D- tocopherol) – acts as an anti-oxidant
- Soothe tired, puffy eyes with this light yet powerful serum.
- Intensely boosts skin’s ability to repair, accelerating recovery.
- Restore skin elasticity, firmness & improve skin tone.
- Reduce dark circles, crows feet, fine lines & wrinkles.
- Rejuvenates and refreshes tired eyes.
- Corrects sun damage in the delicate eye area.
- Anti-pollution, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging benefits.
The amount of beautifully-articulated information regarding this product was such that I couldn’t do anything to improve the clarity of the explanations…I appreciate how African Botanics thoroughly elaborates on the purpose of each ingredient in terms that any skin care enthusiast can process.
|Above: The serum in the sunshine…it is clear and watery in texture and is absorbed into the skin instantly.|
|Above: My eyes after a week of nightly and daily applications of the Marula Botanical Eye Serum. I feel brighter and more balanced in the orbital area and can’t wait for the long-term benefits!|
**PR sample provided for review, however, as always, all of my
opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own