|Above: Jethro and me in the backyard this weekend during a swatching session…a full spectrum of foundation swatches coming soon!|
Hello Dear BP Readers,
I hope your Sunday is lovely thus far!
I have a few bits and pieces to share and thought I would compile them into a single Sunday post ; )
News is as follows:
(1) Nordstrom is having a beauty and fragrance SALE…at this very moment, thousands of products are 10% off! For those of us who have spent a small fortune there, we know how truly rare these moments are! From the wealth of offerings, I highly suggest…
- The YSL Rouge Volupte #001 Nude Beige (reviewed HERE)…I am on tube #3!
- The NARS Contour Blush (reviewed HERE)…this makes contouring a breeze, even for beginners.
- Kiehl’s Original Musk…I’ve used this classic fragrance on and off for years. It is a warm, creamy scent that is delightfully unisex and entirely timeless.
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm…I’m hard-pressed to fit this multi-tasker into a specific skincare category. All I know is that it is always in my work bag…it can be used as a primer, a skin-reviver (over makeup to add glow) and even as a hydrating, brightening, tightening mask on bare skin. Have loved this for nearly a decade!
(2) The wildly popular limited-edition Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (video review standalone HERE) is making a return. Housed with three skin-flattering shades that contour and highlight and perfect with ease, this palette sold out quickly upon its release late last year…if you are still entertaining the idea of adding this to your collection, I suggest striking while the iron is hot! It can be procured at Space NK, Sephora, Barney’s NY and directly from Hourglass.
(3) I am happy to announce that lovely BP reader MOLLY is the Air Repair Skin Care Giveaway Winner. She mentioned that she is excited to take her new Air Repair Skin Care Travel Kit on an upcoming international trip…perfect timing, indeed. Congratulations, Molly!
(4) I have been swatching…a lot. Consequently, I am thrilled to be sharing a full spectrum of foundation swatches from formulas including Ardency Inn, Cle De Peau and Le Metier de Beaute in the very near future. Stay tuned!
(5) I am currently in the midst of working on a plethroa of videos for the Beauty Professor channel (please subscribe if you haven’t already!)…any specific requests?
(6) A couple products I can’t stop using this month so far include:
- Napoleon Matte Eye Ink Liner…insanely good: super black, matte, easy to apply and long lasting…it’s been my eye look every day this week. Full review with images SOON!
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE)…it’s my mascara “go to” for its ability to add volume and length without smudging or budging all day. The fibers are super effective for making lashes better than they really are ; )
- Lime Crime Babette (reviewed HERE) and Coquette (reviewed HERE) lipsticks. These pigment-rich lippies satisfy my craving for full, creamy, pinky, peachy, nude lips in a second. Both are always in my purse!
- Cle de Peau Cream Foundation….bought this on a whim and am immensely impressed…great coverage, long lasting and an extremely respectable shade match. Will be doing a full review (with swatches of every shade in the formula) very soon.
- Le Metier de Beaute Cream Fresh Tint in Mystique (just bought my second one, also initially reviewed HERE) and Peau Vierge Pressed Powder (reviewed HERE)…the glowy pale goodness of Mystique is bringing springtime life to my cheeks and the new PV Powder is crazy good for setting and touchups.
(7) I did a little online springtime dress and bootie shopping with Anthropologie…lots of trips coming up and I’m confident that these basics will be staples:
- Paisley Palette Shirdress…I adore the color of this simple shirtdress…dress up with heels, dress down with booties.
- Tonnelle Dress in black…a fit and flair sleeveless shift with a zipper front and POCKETS…yes, please!
- Circle Chambray dress…soft, pale, cotton chambray with a tie waist and full skirt…work and play appropriate.
- Freebird by Steven Hammer Buckle Boots…versatile black, casual, highly rated and on sale!
- Freebird by Steven Lasso Booties…neutral ivory snakeskin (great with denim cutoffs and tan legs), a perfect heel and on sale as well!
(8) On a final note…phew…that was a tremendous amount of “Bits + Pieces,”Beauty Professor reached 2 MILLION page views on Friday! A heartfelt thanks for all of your loyalty and support!
Can’t wait to hear what is going on in your life…please leave me a comment…xoxo,
–The Beauty Professor
**This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.