Thursday, July 10, 2014
The Beauty Professor
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is finally here for early access, available to those who have a Nordstrom card; those who are not a Nordstrom Reward member get access to the sale on 7/18. Revered as a the premier sale of the summer due to considerable markdowns on brand new–often exclusive–fall items, this particular event always manages to disrupt my summer haze and put me in an immediate mood for the cooler months…button downs, coats, boots and fall makeup…yes, please!
Before heading out to my local Nordstrom this morning with my mom, I quickly compiled a list of products about which I am most excited…receiving the catalog in advance allowed me to make some strategic decisions so I can avoid unnecessary impulse buys as much as humanly possible ; )
CLOTHING…all options HERE
1. Equipment ‘Margaux’ Pinstripe Cotton Shirt…I haven’t tried a cotton button down from Equipment yet, but now I shall because this classic basic is a steal.
2. Equipment ‘Reese’ Print Silk Shirt…my collection of Equipment silk shirts is heavily relied upon in my daily wardrobe. Can’t wait to integrate this plaid version into the mix.
3. Helen Berman Wool Blend Cape…I have always wanted a cape and the time has come to make that dream a reality. I’ll be getting the black version.
4. Kenneth Cole Faux Fur Jacket…the neutral cream color and swingy shape of this coat is calling my name.
SHOES…full selection HERE
1. Joe’s ‘Abby’ Cutout Leather Bootie…it is rare to see a unique spin on a bootie these days. I am loving the cut out…unique, yet totally wearable.
2. Frye ‘Anna — Shortie’ Leather Boot…I usually get one pair of Frye’s at the sale each year. This beautiful brownish pair is my choice this time around!
Now, onto the BEAUTY…you can view the full array of Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives HERE
The products I am strongly considering include…
1. Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Killer Cheekbones’ Set…this would be my first Charlotte Tilbury product and am so excited, especially since I do some form of contouring everyday.
2. Baby Quasar PLUS Light Therapy Device (Nordstrom Exclusive)…to be fair, I actually already own this, but I am thinking of buying one as a gift for a family member and this markdown makes it a sweet deal.
3. Burberry Beauty ‘Effortless Beauty’ Set…totally intrigued by this lovely collection.
4. AMOREPACIFIC ‘Time Response’ Collection…I’ve wanted to try the full size of these products for months and this sale seems to be the perfect time to invest.
5. MAC ‘Look in a Box — All About Nude’ Set…can’t say no to a finely-edited nude set!
6. NARS Cheek Palette…I am not usually one for palettes, but this one is so versatile…bronzing, highlighting and blush options a-plenty.
7. NARS ‘Dolce Vita’ Lip & Nail Set…I have loved the ‘Dolce Vita’ shade for years and am always attracted to it again in the fall…will get this for myself or perhaps as a gift for a friend.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I adore getting a deal on new fall merchandise and there is no better way to indulge in this luxury than with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I hope this overview is useful for you as you peruse the offerings of this event. What is catching YOUR eye?
xoxo and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.