|Above: The YSL Fusion Ink Foundation has arrived!|
|Above: The YSL Fusion Ink is housed in a square glass bottle with a wand applicator.|
- This formula is incredibly light…it reminds me a lot of the Giorgio Armani Maestro (reviewed HERE) but offers significantly more coverage (medium, buildable to full) and performs more like the Cle de Peau Radiant Fluid.
- Four strokes of the wand on the top of my hand provides my entire face (I prefer to apply with a damp Beauty Blender) with medium coverage.
- The finish is truly beautiful…a soft matte finish that adopts a bit of glow over time without defaulting to oiliness.
- It blurs imperfections, diffuses light and perfects the canvas without utilizing any obvious light-reflecting properties.
- I love the way it truly “fuses” with the skin…if you can find your shade match, you will likely experience flawless results.
- I get a good 8+ hours of wear time before feeling the need to blot or touch up with a bit of powder.
- No pooling into pores, no creasing, no migrating…it might transfer to a cell phone screen (but what doesn’t?) but I would deem it decently adherent to the skin.
- The first time I wore this foundation, I attended a wedding on a very hot day; this formula withstood heat, humidity, eating, dancing and late hours like a champ. I only added a touch of powder about 8 hours into my day and noticed that it photographed beautifully, even after an extended period of wear.
- I am very impressed with this formula…it is currently in my top three foundaiton rotation (along with the Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting and Cle de Peau Radiant Fluid) and I will likely move from B-40 Sand (the perfect match for my current N/NC 27-30 skin) to B-30 Almond when my summer tan fades.
- The shade range is great…three different undertones (BR=Rosy, B=Neutral and BD=Warm) from the fairest ivory to the darkest, richest mocha, I think that most will have success in discovering a befitting shade match.
- It does have the typical YSL cucumber fragrance, but I find it to be less strong than other YSL base formulas and it dissipates within a couple of minutes. I am generally opposed to scent in foundation, but my extra sensitive skin hasn’t been bothered by this fragrance.
- This is a marvelous option for one seeking an extremely light texture, medium (buildable to full) coverage, a soft matte finsih and marvelous lasting power.
FEELS LIKE A FEATHER. WEARS LIKE AN INK.
A REVOLUTIONARY FORMULA
NO MORE COMPROMISE. This feather light foundation wears effortlessly for soft-matte finish, all day comfort with broad spectrum SPF 18 protection. Its hybrid stain technology provides a formula that is as thin and lightweight as ink yet covering as a foundation. Exclusive extendable polymers allow for buildable coverage with long wear results without ever feeling heavy on skin. An unmatched revolution in foundation.
- At the heart of this exceptional formula is a sensorial and volatile dry oil complex which allows for exceptionally fast application in a matter of seconds with flawless finish.
- Color: this formula is made of pure micro-coated pigments delivering long lasting color and radiance all day long.
- Actives: special sweat and sebum control agents allow for 24 hours of perfection regardless of humidity, heat, night and day.
- Soft matte perfection: the extreme absorbing powder filler provide a natural soft matte finish without ever looking or feeling cakey.
- Formula adapted to every skin type. The exclusive face zoning applicator allows you to perfectly zone the face for precise and effortless application.
Never cakey or heavy, Fusion Ink wears flawlessly for 24 hours.
Feel the difference of all day perfection and freedom.
Available in 21 shades.
|Above: Comparison swatches of summer foundations I’ve been using as of late.|
|Above: Behold…NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel, a creamy beige-pink-peach.|
|Above: A swatch of Raquel in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Raquel alone on the lips.|
|Above: The BR shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The BR shades in ourdoor shade.|
|Above: The B shades in outdoor sunlight.|
|Above: The B shades in outdoor shade.|
|Above: With a flash.|
|Above: Natural window lighting…no flash.|
|Above: Outdoor mixed lighting.|
|Above: The beautiful cat that was peeking through my gazebo…her eyes are amazing, no?|
|Above: Outdoor light, sunlight streaming, no flash.|
|Above: Indoor lighting with a flash.|
|Above: Outdoor natural lighting.|