|At the end of our visit (vest by Joie).|
|Imagine my delight when I discovered that all 12 shades were on hand for swatching!|
- 1 Light: Alabaster beige with slightly yellow undertones (@N/NC 10…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 1 )
- 2 Light:Alabaster beige with neutral undertones (@N/NW 10…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 2)
- 3 Light: Light beige with peachy undertones (@N/NC/NW 15…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 3)
- 3.5 Light: Light beige with yellow undertones (@N/NC 15-20…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 4)
- 4 Light: Light beige with slightly rosy undertones (@N/NW 20…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 4 or 6 )
- 4.5 Medium: Light-medium beige with golden yellow undertones (@N/NC 20-23…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 4 or 6)
- 5 Medium: Light-medium beige with peachy undertones (@N/NW 25…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 5)
- 6 Medium: Light-medium beige with neutral olive undertones (@N/NC 23-25…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 6) **My match when my skin is at its winter lightest.
- 7 Medium: Light-medium beige with warm golden undertones (@N/NC 25-27…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 6 mixed with 7) **My match now that the weather is warming up. I am wearing this shade in the images at the end of this post.
- 8 Medium: Medium beige with warm golden undertones (@N/NC 30-35…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 7)
- 9 Dark: Medium-dark beige with neutral to rosy undertones (@N/NW 30-35…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 8)
- 9.5 Dark: Rich tan beige (@N/NC/NW 35-40…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 9)
- 10 Dark: Dark tan with neutral to rosy undertones (@N/NW 40-45…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 9 mixed with 10)
- 11 Dark: Dark tan with warm golden undertones (@N/NC 45-50…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 10)
- 12 Dark: Deepest chocolate brown (@N/NC/NW 50-55+…equivalent to CT Light Wonder 10)
|Light and Medium shades in indoor lighting.|
|Light and Medium shades in outdoor shade.|
|Blended Light and Medium shades in outdoor sunlight.|
|Blended Light and Medium shades in strong and direct indoor lighting.|
|Medium and Dark shades in indoor lighting.|
|Medium and Dark shades in strong and direct indoor lighting.|
|Blended Medium and Dark shades in outdoor shade.|
|Blended Medium and Dark shades in outdoor sunlight.|
|Charlotte Tilbury showcasing the transformative effects of the Magic Night Rescue Cream. Charlotte Tilbury Director of Communications Emily Bromfield in the background.|
- I prepped my skin the night before with the newly-launched *Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Rescue Cream. As promised by Charlotte herself, I woke up with plump, dewy, rested looking skin that was ready to face the day. From 8 key youth-boosting ingredients to a luminous gel-cream-elixir texture, the results from this luxurious formula were noticeable! More on this evening gem soon.
- After a pump of the *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold (reviewed HERE), I applied a bit of the new *Giorgio Armani Prima Lip & Eye Perfector along the corners of my orbital areas to brighten and smooth and dabbed a veil of the silky formula over my lips to prime them for the subsequent lip color. This brilliant formula works to lock in makeup and also combats under eye darkness while contributing to fuller lips with continued use. So far, so good!
- A touch of the LORAC Double Feature Conclealer Highlighter in Medium…I blended the concealer portion along Domed Dmy under eye region (not much sleep lately!) with my trusty *Jenny Patinkin Domed Multi Blender Brush (reviewed HERE), which I use daily.
- Tom Ford Moodlight (reviewed HERE)…I swept the darker shade along the hollows of my cheek bones with the sublimely soft *Surratt Beauty Highlight Brush for a subtle bronzing effect.
- *Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Euphoric Glow (reviewed HERE) swept along the upper cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose for a soft glow.
- *Surratt Beauty Prismatique Eyes in Visual Eyes (reviewed HERE)…I opted for a soft and luminous indigo blue effect. Although this shade could be intimidating to those (like me!) who prefer an ultra-neutral eye, I love how versatile it can be. When applied with a light hand, it is on-trend and entirely wearable, even in daytime hours.
- *By Terry Terrybly Growth Booster Mascara (reviewed HERE)…
- *Edward Bess Lip Definer in Barely (reviewed HERE)…a soft pinky peach with creamy opacity, this shade makes the pefect base for neutral lip color.
- La Prairie Cellular Lip Color in Tawny…this gorgeous rosy nude has an intensely hydrating formula and pigmented, velvety cream finish. This is not a new lip color release but it’s new to me and I adore it…fast becoming a staple.
|The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Rescue Cream…instantly hydrating and emollient for dewy and rested looking skin upon waking.|
|I can wear the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in both shade 6 (on the lighter side) and 7 (likely my match from now through the end of summer).|
|Swatches of the Magic Foundation in Shade 6 (@NC 23-25) and Shade 7 (@NC 25-27) in direct sunlight.|
|A swatch of the La Prairie Cellular Lip Color in Tawny, a stunning, creamy “my lips but better” shade.|
|Final lip look.|
|All about eyes.|
|Swatches of all products used in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Last look.|
Bottom Line: I hope you found this swatch-heavy foundation feature helpful as you pursue your perfect match in the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation (also available on the Charlotte Tibury site)! The formula is an excellent medium-to-full coverage, demi-matte finish option for all skin types and the vast spectrum of hues ensures that most will find their optimal shade.
Will YOU be trying Magic Foundation? Do tell!
If you are a Southern CA local (or will happen to be in the area at the time), please plan on attending…it would be wonderful to meet you in person. ** Reserve a seat with a $25 deposit, refunded in a gift card to be spent in-store. If you pay with MasterCard, MasterCard will match it and you’ll end up with $50 to spend! To RSVP, call 310.550.5900 ext 4416 or 2261. Cosmetics, Lower Level
Good things ahead, including my cleansing routine, a Sephora-centric story and a host of new product procurements. I am also still in the midst of responding to your latest batch of lovely emails and comments…thanks, as always, for your patience ; )
Have a fantastic day!