When in the general vicinity, I rarely can resist a trip into the Gucci boutique off of Wilshire Blvd. Although the clothing and footwear may extend beyond my regular spending habits (however, since I wear them constantly, these booties are one of the best investments I’ve made to date), the makeup is all sorts of lovely and well worth the pursuit. Recently, I picked up a few items on a whim, which will effortlessly integrate into my fall routine. In addition to the details of my splurge for eyes and lips, I am excited to share some new beauty and skincare discoveries including that from the likes of *Suqqu (#foundationphile), *Edward Bess, Kaplan MD and *Rodial.
|Gucci Pink Flamingo.|
- A frosty, pearly pale pink
- A luminous, warm, muted rose gold pink
- A rich, satin-finish rose
- A deep pink-tinged aubergine
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of Pink Flamingo (a single pass of each to accurately depict color payoff) in direct sunlight.|
|For the lips, Gucci Exposure and Gucci Ethereal.|
|Gucci Ethereal in direct sunlight.|
|Gucci Exposure in direct sunlight.|
|The complete look.|
|For the skin, body and hair.|
- *Kaffe Facial Coffee Scrub: I am of the belief that there is nothing more mood lifting than the scent of coffee in the morning; what better way, then, to start the day than with a coffee-infused exfoliating scrub? This decadent formula utilizes the power of real coffee to smooth away dead skin and impurities for a super smooth canvas that is also exceptionally clean.
- *Jurlique Activating Water Essence: Light and instantly absorbed, this beauty water balances skin while ingeniously preparing it to retain moisture, thereby heightening the efficacy of all subsequent skincare steps.
- *NUXE Prodigieux Beautifying Scented Body Lotion (also available at NUXE): I am smitten with the iconic scent of NUXE and this lotion furthers my love affair with the quintessentially French brand by enveloping my limbs in instant hydration.
- *Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Duo: Step one of this pair involves the lip mask, which exfoliates dry skin, revealing fuller, bouncier lips in three minutes. Step two is the glossy balm, which seals in moisture and delivers additional volume to the pout for juicy lips that stay hydrated for hours. The effects are noticable, indeed!
- *Cuvee Beauty Cuvee Complex: Touted as “a multivitamin for the hair and scalp,” this spray-in formula is designed to strengthen hair from the inside out, adding shine, manageability and bounce along the way. I love how full and texturized this spray makes my hair as well…fuller and healthier, yes please!
|*Kaffe Facial Coffee Scrub.|
|The *Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip 20 Mask + Balm.|
|Made for each other.|
|*Cuvee in its element.|
|For the face.|
- *Suqqu Extra Rich Cream Foundation in #203 (previously reviewed HERE), applied with the *Suqqu Dual Sided Foundation Brush (previously reviewed HERE): This foundation officially launches at Selfridges on 9/22/16 and, should you find your match, I implore those of you who love base formulas as much as I do to seriously contemplate picking it up. The coverage is instantly medium to full while looking nearly invisible on the skin (foundation has reached a whole new level in the last couple of years, no?) and the skincare benefits and velvety lasting power further justify its rightful place in your foundation rotation. More satin finish than glowy, the overall effect is a skin perfecting accomplishment…I prefer it to Suqqu Frame Fix (reviewed HERE) and that is saying a lot!
- Terry Sun Designer Palette #2 Light & Tan Vibes (comprehensively reviewed HERE): The fact that I have beyond hit pan in this gem exemplifies how much I adore this palette. The tan side contours, bronzes and evens skin tone in seconds while a swirl of the blush and highlighter side creates incandescent, softly flushed cheeks; I like to classify it as purely effortless, both in the execution and the end result. Consequently, I recently purchased a back up (yet again) as I never want to be without it…it is that good.
- *Kevyn Aucoin Exotique Diamond Eye Gloss: The latest from the venerable KA line, this bouyant gel imparts a glossy sheen on the skin that looks so natural, it was nearly impossible to accurately capture a swatch in the photographs below. I added a touch to my brow bones and upper cheek bones for an ethereal glow that looks dewy rather than shimmery. This brilliant pot will be my “Jack of All Trades” all season for an editorial look that seamlessly translates to everyday life.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|A swatch of the Suqqu Extra Rich Cream Foundation #203 in direct sunlight.|
|For the eyes.|
- Gucci Magnetic Shadow Quad in Pink Flamingo: I blended the bottom left shade on my eye lid and along my lower lash line and worked a bit of the rose gold up to my brow bone. I focused a touch of the pinky-aubergine in the crease and finished with a dot of the radiant pale pink in the corners of my eyes.
- *Edward Bess Big Wow Brow Pomade: This trio of creamy, fade-proof, long lasting brow pomades come in a spectrum of neutral, ash-inspired shades (read: no reddish undertones!) that enhance definition and fullness while still looking entirely natural. The Medium Taupe is a perfect match for my dark brown arches.
- *Jenny Patinkin Angled Brow Brush (reviewed HERE): Eternally my go-to brow brush, the stiff bristles and sharp angle guarantee precise application and expert blending so harsh lines are obliterated.
- *Rodial Liquid Liner: This glides on like a dream, imparting a slim, deep inky black line that stays put for hours, resisting smudging and flaking like a liquid liner MVP.
- *Edward Bess Wish Granted Magic in a Bottle Mascara: With a fluffy, cone-shaped brush and lash loving formula, this mascara adds formidable volume, length and depth, without migrating over the course of wear. Truly sublime.
|Brows and lashes under control.|
|Edward Bess Big Wow Brow Pomade in Light Taupe, Medium Taupe and Rich.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|*Rodial swatch in direct sunlight.|
|Gucci Pink Flamingo and Rodial Eyeliner on the eyes.|
|Gucci Ethereal lipstick.|
|Kevyn Aucoin Exotique Diamond Eye Gloss on the upper cheek bones and brow bones for extra glow.|
|Gucci Ethereal on the lips.|
|Gucci Exposure on the lips.|
|More Pink Flamingo.|