|My La Prairie Caviar Ritual.|
- First, I begin with the *La Prairie Foam Cleanser (also available at Nordstrom). This lathering formula removes dirt and makeup without leaving my face feeling “tight” or stripped. To add to its merit, it can also be used as a shaving cream if required!
- Next, I put a touch of the *La Prairie Cellular Refining Lotion (also available at Nordstrom) on a cotton pad and sweep it across my face to tone and balance my skin; this calming, alcohol-free formula offers an initial round of hydration while leaving pores visibly minimized and my skin feeling extremely soft.
- Then, I put a few drops of the *La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE) on my finger tips and gently massage it into my skin. This buoyant liquid-meets-gel has an innovative texture–rife with caviar water–to hydrate, firm, and lift skin. Oh, and it was the winner of the Allure Best of Beauty 2016 for Top Splurge!
- The *La Prairie Skin Caviar Liquid Lift (also available at Nordstrom) comes next. This extravagant serum delivers serious anti-aging results. Infused with Skin Caviar Beads, a single drop of the formula prevents the appearance and deepening of fine lines and wrinkles while simultaneously lifting and firming the skin; one of the most potent products I’ve tried to date, there is reason why this investment-level skincare continues to garner positive reviews aplenty.
- For additional moisture, I then may apply the *La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream Sheer (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE); nearly weightless, this cream is instantly absorbed, adding dimensions of hydration and elasticity to my skin.
- Next, I rarely go without the *La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE); in fact, my mom and I are both on our second jars of this coveted formula. Regularly recommended by those in the beauty industry who have access to every formula ever conceived, the tiniest amount of this cream offers intense hydration, fights wrinkles, reduces under eye darkness and puffiness, lifts, firms and tightens and relaxes expression lines for the ultimate in orbital care.
- Finally, my Caviar Ritual is not *La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer and Foundation in Caramel Beige (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE and HERE). The quintessential fusion of skincare and color, this formula (which also includes a pigmented, coordinating concealer) creates beautiful full coverage that looks entirely natural; it is also worth mentioning that it possesses exceptional lasting power (7+ hours) and photographs like a dream. My extremely sensitive skin LOVES this formula…it calms my face down when it’s had reaction to too much testing (an unavoidable hazard of beauty writing) and always accompanies me on my travels. It is for these reasons that I find myself recommend it frequently!
|The full look.|
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): I applied a few drops to tone and moisturize; I love how balanced this formula makes my skin feel and the silky texture is a perfect primer for the foundation to come.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): Just a tiny amount pat into my orbital region for hydration and brightness.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer and Foundation in Caramel Beige (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE and HERE): Easily in my top four foundation formulas, this medium coverage base never ceases to please me; my skin looks perfected yet natural and the creamy, coordinating concealer is excellent for under eyes and covering the occasional blemish.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Powder in Tropical Days (also reviewed HERE): This true tan nimbly contours while subtly warming up the face and looks fantastic on a spectrum of skin tones.
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Plum Glow (reviewed HERE): So perfect for fall, this violet-tinged medium pink offers just the right balance of flush and glow. I use my ring finger to tap it into the apples of my cheeks for a radiant result that lasts all day.
- Viseart Paris Nudes Eyeshadow Palette: This flattering collection of neutrals is a touch cooler than my normal pinks and rusts; that being said, the lush lilacs and fresh pale greens add a demure touch to any look…this is an understated winner from the lauded Viseart line.
- *Sisley-Paris So Curl Mascara (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): Two coats consistently creates full, dark and long lashes…always in my rotation.
- *La Prairie Eye and Lip Perfection a Porter (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): I have used this dual layered compact for a couple of years now…entirely apropos for long work days and travel, the top level features a soothing eye balm and the second level offers a glossy lip balm that bathes lips in moisture.
- *La Prairie Cellular Lip Enhancer (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): This nude-toned primer is a brilliant base for lipstick, filling in fine lines and muting pigmented lips for lip color that applies smoothly and color true; it also valiantly extends lipstick wear!
- Dior RougeDior Lipstick in Delicate Matte: After beholding what felt like no less than 60 lipsticks in the latest release from Dior, I quickly ascertained that Delicate Matte was for me; this peachy nude (of course) has a creamy coverage that belies its matte designation. Soft enough to be a neutral yet pigmented enough to brighten up the face, it is truly unique in my collection.
- Byredo Mojave Ghost Hair Perfume: Perhaps my most favorite Byredo scent (I reach for it nearly every single day…reviewed HERE), I was instantly smitten by the concept of being able to freely spray this fragrance into my hair…the small aerosol can is marvelous for travel and the scent (a potent, yet slightly toned down version of the EDP) is as delightfully genius as I expected it to be.
- Dark Denim Shirt Options HERE and HERE
|The Viseart Paris Nudes Palette.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Viseart Paris Nudes on the eyes.|
|A swatch of Rouge Dior Delicate Matte in direct sunlight.|
|The La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder.|
- Ivoire: Light neutral beige for fair skin (@N/NC/NW 10-15)
- Cameo: Light neutral beige for fair skin with rosy undertones (@N/NW 15-20)
- Rose Beige: Light rosy beige for light skin with beige-pink undertones (@N/NW 25-30)
- Beige Dore: Light neutral beige for light skin with neutral to golden undertones (@N/NC 20-25)
- Natural Beige: Medium beige for medium skin with warm undertone (@N/NC 25-30) **My perfect match
- Sunlit Beige: Tan beige for tan skin with neutral to warm undertones (@N/NC 35-42)
|Swatches in outdoor lighting.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in outdoor shade.|
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
Versatile as a primary foundation or as a touch up for any foundation, this light reflective, treatment based foundation goes from light to maximum coverage while providing moisturization and nourishment.
• La Prairie’s exclusive Cellular Complex helps stimulate the skin’s natural repair process, moisturizing and energizing with nutrients that encourage optimal functioning.
• Softens and minimizes the appearance of lines, while Heather Extract firms.
• Evens skin tone and texture while providing a natural light-reflective matte finish.
• Rose and Chamomile Extracts soothe and calm skin.
• Talc and Kaolin absorb excess oil.
• Offers a creamy coverage of a foundation, with the ultra fine feel of a powder.
• Extends treatment benefits of moisturizer used underneath.
• Allergy and Dermatologist Tested; Non-comedogenic.
• Use wet or dry for adjustable coverage: Dry application for light to full coverage, or Wet application for maximum coverage and mattification.
• Wear alone over moisturizer, over a coordinating foundation, or as makeup touch-up, dry application only.