|The 11 things I bought.|
|Skin + hair care.|
(1) Cicapair Tiger Grass Camo Drops: Prompted by the incredible online reviews for this serum, I am excited to see how it addresses redness while still imparting a glow. Have you tried this?
|Base, cheeks and lips.|
(5) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3 (reviewed HERE): I have been using this concealer for well over 15 years (a makeup artist introduced it to me on set and I’ve never looked back) and my loyalty and consistency is attributed to the fact that nothing covers a blemish better. The two sides can be mixed to create custom color and the slightly dry texture ensures that the concealer won’t budge once applied. It must be tried to be believed and I sincerely hope it’s never discontinued.
(6) Sunday Riley The Influencer Clean Long Wear Foundation: So many of you have reached out to ask when I would be reviewing this foundation and I am thrilled that the VIB Rouge event coincides with its official launch. To be fair, I’ve only tested it for one day thus far but I am inordinately impressed. The fragrance-free formula (with impeccable ingredients, no less) creates very natural looking medium to full coverage that looks like real skin. I wore it for 9 hours in relatively warm weather and was delighted by the fact that it wore flawlessly…no touch ups necessary. Currently, my best match is #170 but I imagine I will need to bump to #180 in the coming days. Expect a follow up to these initial impressions soon…in the meanwhile, I strongly urge you to try it for yourself and let me know your thoughts ; )
|The glimmering beauty of the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm in Holographic Pink|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|From top to bottom: The Sunday Riley The Influencer Clean Long Wear Foundation in 170 and 220.|
What it is:
A clean, long-lasting foundation with medium to full coverage—formulated with your skin’s health in mind.
– Uneven skin tone
If you want to know more…
The Influencer Clean Longwear Foundation redefines the line between skincare and makeup. It provides clean, natural-looking, long-lasting coverage that doesn’t dry out as the day (or night) goes on, with a satin-matte finish that stays fresh looking even through workouts or humidity. It’s available in 20 perfectly buildable, medium-to-full coverage shades that expertly conceal redness, pores, and dark spots without ever looking cakey. With just one pump, get perfectly even skin with ultra-natural coverage. For fuller coverage and more concealing power that never cracks or creases, layer as needed—without worrying about clogging your pores. No matter what your desired coverage, you are always in control: you still look like you.
Great for all skin types, The Influencer controls oil, but never dehydrates your skin for a fresh, healthy-looking, shine-free complexion. Canadian willowherb, northern truffle extract, and bisabolo give soothing effects, so that even the most sensitive skin looks its best. Pores are instantly minimized for the ultimate smooth canvas. You’ve trusted Sunday Riley with your skincare, now trust them with your foundation!
-Canadian Willowherb: Helps keep skin clear and radiant, even with all day foundation wear.
-Northern Truffle Extract: Provides Zen-like soothing effects for even the most sensitive skin.
-Bisobolol: Helps fight surface redness, so your foundation doesn’t have to work so hard.
Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Propanediol, Isododecane, C24-28 Alkyldimethylsiloxy Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Tocopherol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Phytate, Bisabolol, Pentylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate (antioxidant to prevent color change), Phenethyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Nerol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Iron Oxides, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ispopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol].
What else you need to know:
The Influencer is cruelty-free and formulated without cyclopentasiloxane, synthetic fragrance, talc, and gluten. It’s perfectly buildable so you can control the level of coverage, from natural-looking, medium coverage to long-wear, all-day and all-night, full coverage.
“We know you can’t stand the look of foundation settling into lines or causing creasing or cakiness. I can’t stand how most foundations dry out my skin and cause irritation. My goal was to create a skin-friendly foundation that evens out your complexion with easily buildable, natural-looking coverage, for everyone’s perfect finish: whether you battle sensitivity, uneven tone, redness, texture, dark spots, or blemishes . My mantra is the final step in a great skincare regimen is a clean, lightweight, long-wear foundation.”—Sunday Riley
|Swatches of the five shades of the Sunday Riley The Influencer Clean Long Wear Foundation initially available at my local Sephora in indoor lighting.|
|The Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Ambition Eyeshadow Palette|
|Swatches of the Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Ambition Eyeshadow Palette in direct sunlight.|
|The Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette|
|Swatches of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette in direct sunlight.|
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Perfector Skin Tint Foundation #6: Intrigued by its rather vague claims (is it a tinted primer? a true foundation?) I ordered this formula sight unseen but am very pleased with shade #6 as it is a befitting match for my N/NC 27 skin. The lightweight and luminous texture glides onto skin, blurring fine lines and discoloration while still not looking like actual “foundation.” It’s a pretty sensational option for those seeking a lasting “no makeup makeup look.”
- *Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation #4 (reviewed–with all shades swatched–HERE): Texturally unlike any foundation currently on the market, this unusual mousse blends over skin as an nearly invisible veil of weightless coverage. It’s foundation minimalism at its best.
- Sunday Riley The Influencer Clean Long Wear Foundation: Discussed above!
- Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation: I was compelled to order this new launch based on the myriad of positive reviews and I am happy to report that the formula lives up to its accolades. Clean ingredients, natural medium coverage and a beautiful skin finish that lasts makes this well worth giving a spin.
- Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick in Tawny (reviewed HERE): A timeless classic that still packs a punch, 15% off is an excellent an excellent incentive to try this buildable (to full coverage), long lasting and extremely natural looking foundation staple, especially if you’ve been on the line!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Five lip color classics.|
- *Urban Decay Vice Cream Lipstick in Naked (reviewed HERE): A delightful find from UD, this pinky nude is simply effortless.
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Tawny Pink (reviewed HERE): If I were to suggest one gloss in the TF Ultra Shine lineup, it would unequivocally be Tawny Pink. The formula is flatteringly opaque and lasts forever on the lips.
- Pat McGrath LuxeTrance Lipstick in Valetta (reviewed HERE): A peachy pink nude with the creamiest finish in town…it’s a must for neutral lovers.
- *LAWLESS Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prince (reviewed HERE): Incredibly vibrant with major color payoff, this rich berry instantly brightens the face…all of the LAWLESS shades (the rest swatched HERE) are sublime.
- Pat McGrath MatteTrance Lipstick in Peep Show (reviewed HERE): A tender peach with plenty of pigmentation and a velvety finish. I love mixing Valetta with Peep Show for a custom nude hue.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eye look, courtesy of the Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Ambition Eyeshadow Palette|