|Skin + hair.|
- *Nécessaire The Body Lotion: I am nearly finished with this sublime body emulsion; fragrance free with impeccable ingredients and a hydrating, immediately absorbing texture, this lotion is my post-shower ritual.
- *Hair Ritual by Sisley Precious Hair Oil: Speaking of rituals, this nourishing oil bathes my skin in moisture without weighing it down. It also adds a decadently glossy shine…truly my favorite formula in the venerable Sisley haircare lineup.
- *Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Watery Oil: I add a single pump of this to a freshly washed canvas to enhance bounce and brightness.
- *Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream: Still a major part of my day-to-day, this modern cult-classic balances the hydration levels in my skin and imparts a soft radiance that plays well with the make up to come. I use it day and night with great satisfaction…have you tried it yet?
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Enhancing Eye Contour Cream Supreme: Just a touch along my orbital region (day and night) and the entire area is smoother and brighter; this highly lauded cream is a must for transforming tired eyes.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation Balm in #6: I used a dampened beauty blender to quickly distribute this buildable formula all over my face. It yields even, creamy looking skin and lasts the entire day. I wish never to be without this!
- *Lawless Concealer in Almond Milk: I used the oversized doe-foot applicator to gently sweep this under my eyes and blended out with the same sponge. It cancels darkness without creasing or migrating over the course of a long day.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Powder Foundation in Honey Beige: I used a fluffy brush (more on my latest procurements in this department soon) to distribute this luxurious powder along the center of my face to set my base. It offers customizable coverage and a soft glow that simply looks like really good skin. Keep reading for swatches of all shades.
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow in Med/Dark: I recently rediscovered this classic bronzing duo and am back to reaching for it daily; the dark brown tone is quite potent and creates the most flattering warmth and structure to the face. I used a touch of the persimmon-toned highlight along the high points of my cheeks for additional glow.
- *Clove and Hallow Hydratint Serum in Georgia: In a word, this innovative blush formula is transcendent. Creamy and buildable, I used just a touch of this pinky mauve on the apples of my cheeks and audibly gasped at how natural yet lit-from-within it made my face. This is one of the first products I’ve tried from this clean line and it’s made me enthusiastic about trying more!
- *Tom Ford Emotionproof Shadow in Gigolo and Starmaker: I blended the bronzy gold Gigolo all over my lid and then used the pale neutral gold Starmaker up to my brow bones for an easy transition. Both shadows are lightweight and buttery smooth but do not budge once they set. Keep reading for a peek at even more from this collection.
- *Tom Ford Emotionproof Eyeliner in Chocolat: I swept this lush brown shade along my lower waterline and, as the name implies, this eyeliner is 100% waterproof…more shades swatched later on in this post.
- *Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Panoramic Mascara: This newest launch from Laura Mercier relies on a telescopic lens to create full and fluttery lashes with intense black depth in exactly two coats. I can’t wait to keep testing this but so far, so good!
- *MAC Aladdin Collection Lipstick in Friend Like Me: I applied this creamy pinky beige lipstick straight from the bullet; the color calls to mind a quintessential 1960s pale lip while still offering enough color to work with a spectrum of skin tones. I had the chance to try a couple of other lip color shades from this collection but this one is by far my favorite. If you appreciate a nude lip as much as I do, I implore you to get it while you can.
- *MAC Aladdin Collection Lipglass in Diamond in the Rough: I topped my lips with this intensely reflective golden beige gloss for additional shine and depth.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|La Prairie Skin Caviar Powder Foundation|
|La Prairie Skin Caviar Powder Foundation in Honey Beige|
|Swatches of all shades of the La Prairie Skin Caviar Powder Foundation in natural light.|
|This compact…opulent and beyond.|
|The Tom Ford Emotionproof Collection.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|*MAC Disney Aladdin Collection|
Products that I had the chance to play with include:
- *MAC Aladdin Collection Powder Blush in Your Wish Is My Command and Always One Jump Ahead: The first shade is a lush matte tan bronzer and the latter is a warm champagne illuminator with plenty of incandescence.
- *MAC Aladdin Collection Lipglass in Magic Carpet Ride and Diamond in the Rough: These glowing shades possess a resplendent iridescence that makes the right use of micro-glitter for lips that have exceptional dimension and a subtle wash of color. I am wearing the golden beige Diamond in the Rough in the images at the end of this post.
- *MAC Aladdin Collection Pigment in Rose: This multitasking loose powder in a flattering pink tone can be used on eyes, lips and face…let creativity be your guide.
- *MAC Aladdin Collection Lipstick in Friend Like Me, Rajah and A Whole New World: Packed with color payoff, these LE lipsticks range from pale beige to intense fuchsia pink and play extremely well with the other products in this collection. I am wearing the cool natural pinky beige A Friend Like Me (totally in love with this one) in the images at the end of this post.
|Swatches of the *MAC Disney Aladdin Collection in direct sunlight.|
|*MAC A Whole New World. Are you humming the song in your head yet?|
|Eye look via *Tom Ford Emotionproof Shadow in Gigolo and Starmaker and *Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Panoramic Mascara.|
- Madewell Vintage Tee: Madewell does basic tees ever so right and this ivory number works with everything. I may or may not have this cut in a few colors!
- Eileen Fisher Midi Slip Dress: Relaxed yet timelessly chic, this dress works well with or without a tee underneath.
- Rachel Roy Trench: I am over the moon with the unique lines of this trench coat; the ruched sleeves are 100% adjustable and the lightweight material flows beautifully. It’s currently majorly on sale…I like an oversized look so I picked up a medium and it’s perfect.
- Nike Air Max 720: Still on my feet regularly, I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that these feel like you’re walking on clouds.
- Anthropologie: An extra 40% off sale items…I am loving this shirtdress, breezy off the shoulder top and these relaxed joggers, which you can dress up or down!
- Beautylish: No sale to speak of, but I have my eye on the new Natasha Denona Tan Palette and the entire Jill Stuart Beauty line (previously only available in Asia!).
- COS: 30% off summer styles…I have this A-Line Jersey Dress, silk cotton knit v-neck top and Apron Dress in my cart.
- Equipment France: An extra 30% off most items on the site with code MD2019. I suggest the Anise sweater in a perfect shade of camel, chic Fanetta dress and Signature Silk Shirt in a gorgeous neutral pattern.
- Neiman Marcus: The Designer Sale is in full effect, offering up to 50% off an array of options. I am intrigued by these Versace sunglasses, this timeless Ferragamo belt (reversible…yes, please!) and this gorgeous gilded lariat necklace.
- Nordstrom: The Half-Yearly sale features up to 50% off so many things you can wear right now including these Zella pocket leggings, packable Hunter boots in the most beautiful color (we’re expecting rain on Sunday!) and Free People Asymmetrical Sandal.
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this neutral-centric story and found my guide to the holiday weekend sales helpful. It’s always my joy to show you the latest launches and I take this responsibility just as seriously now as I did when I started Beauty Professor 7 1/2 years ago!
I would love to know what caught YOUR eye…do tell.
Good things ahead, including a new video on my channel and a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share per usual!
xx and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor