|Introducing Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2|
|My choices from the *Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2 Collection.|
- Dancefloor Princess: This was the color that initially called my name; it’s a lovely pale pink with a nude effect…it’s a touch light for my medium olive summer skin (unless I’m going for a “look”), but will be amazing choice in the winter and early spring.
- Angel Alessandra: A warm and pale peachy nude; it’s the best of the 1960s in a tube.
- JK Magic: A creamy pinky nude with approximately equal depth to Dancefloor Princess but decidedly more beige in the mix.
- In Love With Olivia: Neutral nude pink with plenty of creamy opacity and a touch of shine, this shade may look similar to the other shades I chose, but once one the lips, it transforms into a near-perfect tone. Not too dark and not too light, it enlivens the face in a single pass…I’m wearing it with gusto in the images at the end of this post!
- Glowing Jen: A deeper rosy nude flush, I suspect that this will be a hit with most CT fans; it effortlessly captures the “my lips but better” aesthetic and I’d love to try it on the apples of my cheeks as a blush, too.
- Carina’s Star: The only matte finish in the lineup below, this radiant coral cream is a gorgeous blend of pastel elements and vibrant energy…this, unequivocally, is a summer shade to pursue.
|Swatches of Hot Lips 2 in direct sunlight.|
|Johannah contemplating her favorite Hot Lips 2 shade…looks like Glowing Jen is the winner.|
|The Hot Lips 2 packaging is next-level, no?|
|The complete look.|
// THE COMPLETE LOOK //
- *Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream (reviewed HERE): One pump for lavishly hydrated summer skin.
- *Hampton Sun Age Defying SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Creme: 100% mineral sunscreen with an opulent smoothing finish that seamlessly blends into the skin? Yes, please! Now that the sun is in full force in my neighborhood, I applied this lightweight yet nourishing formula liberally and love the way it makes my skin look and feel.
- *Natura Bisse The Cure Sheer Eye Cream: My sleep has been severely compromised with the move (to be expected!) and it’s taken a toll on my under eye region. This tinted formula softly blurs fine lines while adeptly brightening at the same time…it has a cult following for a reason.
- *Sisley-Paris Volumizing Spray: I flipped my hair upside down and sprayed this liberally on my second-day mane for soft fullness and plenty of life.
- *Sisley-Paris Instant Eclat Glow Primer (reviewed HERE): A beautifully glowy primer– especially below powder foundation–I applied a pea sized amount all over my face for a lit-from-within effect.
- *Westman Atelier Lit Up Highlight Stick: Speaking of lit-from-within, this ultra-lightweight iridescent stick hydrates upon contact while blessing skin with an ethereal glow. I focus application in the orbital area (outer and inner corners) for the best results.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation Powder in Honey Beige (all shades swatched and reviewed HERE): I adore wearing this powder as my only foundation; creamy with buildable coverage, this simply melts into my canvas, lasting for hours and looking like really good skin.
- Marc Jacobs Accomplice Concealer in Medium 33 (reviewed HERE): Just a single swipe of this seriously pigmented concealer along my under eye region is all it takes to banish any remnants of dark circles and it must be noted that a little goes a very long way.
- *Tom Ford Bronzing Powder in Terra (reviewed HERE): This true brown tan bronzer works well to sculpt cheekbones and contour the perimeters of the face while imparting an effortless warmth. So good.
- *Flesh Beauty Touch Highlighting Balm in Startle: If one could condense the incandescence of pearls and put them into a convenient stick, I wholly believe that Startle would be the result; dewy for days, this illuminator does wonders for the upper cheekbones.
- Tom Ford Cream to Powder Eye Color in Naked Bronze: I recently rediscovered this respondent neutral tone (as a creature of habit, Golden Peach is my general go-to) and love the additional depth this truly neutral (leaning towards radiant taupe) tone is. I applied this as an initial wash of color all over my upper eye lids.
- Hourglass Scattered Light Eyeshadow in Blaze (reviewed HERE): This peachy-pink-bronze possesses an unparalleled wet effect that never ceases to impress. I focused application on the center of my upper eye lids.
- *Decorte Eye Glow Gem in PK 880 (reviewed HERE): I used my ring finger to sweep this luminous violet pink up to my brow bones…the sheer tone and gossamer finish are brilliant.
- Mac Pro Longwear Eyeliner in Devotion: My mom gifted me this liner (it’s one of her favorites) and insisted I try it in lieu of my traditional black waterline situation. Super long lasting and delightfully deep cool green, this liner makes eye pop in a single swipe…mama’s intuition is to be trusted!
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: This is on my brows daily and almost every day, someone asks me what I use for my brows…it’s truly a dream product if ever I’ve encountered one.
- *Sisley-Paris So Intense Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats for jet black lashes with plenty of impact…oh, and the lasting power is sublime.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2 in In Love With Olivia: A quintessential pinky nude with enough color payoff to brighten and flatter a spectrum of skin tones…my absolute favorite from the mix.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Skin and hair.|
|Wearing *Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2 in In Love With Olivia|
|The eye look.|
- Retro Green Bikini Top: Reminiscent of all of my favorite beach movies of the early 1960s, this gorgeous creamy green top has perfectly lovely shoulder ties and a flattering cut (I’m wearing it in a size medium) that feels secure in the water. I purchased two and adore the fact that this top can work as a base layering piece (as worn above and below) and as a bathing suit.
- High Waisted Black Pocket Bike Shorts: I am in love with these bike shorts (which I am wearing in a size XS). The high waist holds everything in while still allowing one to breathe (necessary) and the pockets are so handy. Get these…you won’t regret it.
- J.Crew Everyday Chambray Shirt: This denim blouse is slightly oversized, making it equally at home over a bikini top or tucked into some skinny jeans.
- Luxe black slides: The easiest way to elevate an outfit while still remaining infinitely comfortable.
|Luxe black slides|