|Introducing the Hourglass Ghost Palette|
- Dim Light: A slightly peachy finishing powder to brighten and even skin tone.
- Diffused Light: A radiant yellow finishing powder to counteract darkness and blur imperfections.
- Iridescent Strobe Light: A tender neutral champagne highlight that looks entirely at home on the high points of one’s face.
- Eternal Bronze Light (new): This true brown tan has more depth than the other Hourglass bronzers in my arsenal and I couldn’t be happier (let the swatch speak for itself)! I use it to gently sculpt and while adding warmth and hope this particular hue will come in a single unit soon.
- Iridescent Rose (new): Pigmented and beyond, this radiant rose blush instantly brightens the complexion while looking fresh and natural. I predict the blush devotees are going to go bananas for this one.
- Sublime Flush (new): This is the blush of my dreams….this cool baby pink gives a natural “just pinched” look without looking pastel or chalky. When it coms to lighter peachy pinks, this is a challenging objective to achieve! Although all the shades work together masterfully and harmonious, I would buy the palette for this shade alone.
|Hourglass Ghost Palette swatches in direct sunlight.|
|New additions to my collection from BYREDO.|
- *BYREDO Bibliothèque EDP: Emanating notes of peach, plum, peony, violet, leather, patchouli and vanilla, this gourmand juice nimbly walks the fine line between sweet, fruity, creamy and musky and, as an avid book lover, I am unavoidably transported to a library and the intoxicating scent of old tomes. More intense in sillage than both Mojave Ghost and Gypsy Water, this is my fall fragrance, indeed.
- *BYREDO Bibliothèque Hair Perfume: To complement the EDP, I chose this on-the-go version to freshen up my hair in a coordinated fashion. This particular version seems to be sold out at most retailers but I found it and have linked it for you nonetheless!
- *BYREDO Rose Rinse-Free Hand Wash: I also received the hand wash in Rose–think of it as perhaps the most luxurious anti-bacterial gel you’ll ever use–which smells classically divine and, upon cleansing, leaves hands feeling soft and balanced.
|At the BYREDO pop up at Nordstrom at The Grove in LA earlier this month|
|Pieces from the Victoria Beckham Beauty Collection.|
- *Smoky Eye Brick in Signature: As one would expect this lush swath of neutrals is every bit as sophisticated as Victoria Beckham herself. The palette contains a soft cream, tender peachy pink, burnished brown and slightly rosy deep taupe that work together to create the most understatedly beautiful eye. Neither categorically matte nor satin, the texture and finish is multidimensional for a fresh and rested look.
- *Lid Lustre in Mink: Boasting color payoff galore, this creamy shadow in a universally flattering brown taupe glow walks the line between rich pigment and intense radiance. Because it’s so concentrated, I simply use my finger to blend it onto my lids…it’s undone beauty done right.
- *Satin Kajal Liners in Black and Bronze: These liners are so soft; truly, they glide on like butter and stay put for hours. I’ve experiencing a minor addiction with the black liner on my lower waterline and love the opacity of the neutral, slightly golden bronze version (worn on my upper waterline in the images that follow), too.
|The Victoria Beckham Beauty Collection|
|Swatches from bottom to top: The Victoria Beckham Collection *Smoky Eye Brick in Signature, *Lid Lustre in Mink:
and *Satin Kajal Liners in Black and Bronze.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The rest of the face.|
- *Graydon Skincare Face Glow: I first discovered this fascinating primer at the Indie Beauty Expo and have since partnered with IBE to include it in my custom boutique. Equal parts moisturizer and glowing skin perfector, I love applying a pump of this clean and nourishing formula all over my face prior to foundation application…it gives skin an “extra something” while extending the longevity of my base. So good! Don’t forget to use the code Beautyprofessor20 for 20% off your order!
- *Surratt Dew Drop Foundation #10 (reviewed HERE): I am still entirely smitten by this light-medium coverage foundation; it imparts a veil of color that banishes imperfections while simultaneously instilling a soft radiance.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Lipstick for Holiday 2019 in Silk Passion: I have the entire holiday collection to show you soon (it’s stunning, by the way) but couldn’t help but preview the launch with this lustrous creamy pink lipstick. Neither too light nor too dark, this shade just may be the most perfect true pink I’ve encountered in ages…I’m wearing it without liner, straight from the bullet and it’s timeless, I tell you!
- La Mer The Lip Volumizer: Not new but new to me, I picked this up on a whim last week am so glad that I did. This nearly clear (with a tinge of pink) gloss is intensely moisturizing while bathing one’s lips in a respectable amount of non-sticky shine that has a soft sweetness (the taste, my friends, was a total surprise). Applying it is a luxurious experience and I can’t get over how healthy my lips look each and every time I use it.
- *Sisley-Paris So Intense Volumizing Mascara: Two coats with the streamlined brush and my lashes are thick with sky high length.
|Swatches in direct sunlight from bottom to top: *Graydon Skincare Face Glow, *Surratt Dew Drop Foundation #10, *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Lipstick for Holiday 2019 in Silk Passion, La Mer The Lip Volumizer and*Sisley-Paris So Intense Volumizing Mascara.|
|Power pair…the *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Lipstick for Holiday 2019 in Silk Passion and La Mer The Lip Volumizer|
|Enamored by the Hourglass Ghost Palette|
|Wearing the *Victoria Beckham Smoky Eye Brick in Signature and *Satin Kajal Liners in Black and Bronze along with the two coats of the *Sisley-Paris So Intense Volumizing Mascara.|
- Green maxi dress: Captivated by the color, I bought this dress a few years back and only recently have recognized its versatility. I found additional similar style options HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.
- Oversized beige blazer: I adore a roomy blazer to offset a dress and the particular version handles the task effortlessly. Also, check out the vast selection of designer blazers that fit this description on The Real Real (I recently purchased a Burberry version and love it so much).
- Chambray shirt (worn tied at waist in earlier images): I wear this shirt at least once a week as it fits like a dream and multitasks like nobody’s business.
- Black sock booties: Comfortable and on-trend, I love the very reasonable heel (rare!) and the way the fabric hugs hugs my ankles without feeling restrictive.
|Applying the *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Lipstick for Holiday 2019 in Silk Passion|
|The Victoria Beckham Beauty *Lid Lustre in Mink in action.|
|Forever smiling…my Johannah Elle.|