|My current skincare, haircare and beauty favorites from Nordstrom.|
|Skin + hair care.|
- *Hair Rituel by Sisley Regenerating Haircare Mask: My hair is forever prone to tangles (brushing it wet and nearly always being in a rush likely doesn’t help the situation) and I am constantly in search of products that tame my mane without weighing it down. This mask does an incredible job of deeply nourishing my stressed strands while making brushing a breeze…and it smells so good that you’ll be compelled to use it daily.
- *Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Watery Oil: This stunning hybrid of oil and serum soothes skin while making it feel bouncy and fresh. Rife with skin fortifying Royal Jelly, it’s the perfect precursor to foundation and pairs beautifully with the Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation (discussed later in the post).
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Eye Lift Serum: Opulent and indulgent with magnificent efficacy, this serum can be used in the entire orbital region (even on the upper eye lids and brows for a major lifting effect). Late nights, early mornings and long days (in other words minimal sleep abounds over here) have my this an integral part of my AM and PM skincare routines…the instant and long-term results are simply magnificent. This will also be demonstrated in my upcoming video tutorial!
- *Sisley-Paris Velvet Sleeping Mask: Seasonal transitions always make my skin needier (who is with me on this?) and. when applied overnight, this Saffron-infused mask brightens, tightens and refines my face upon waking, making it an absolute evening essential when extra pampering is required.
|Base + face.|
- Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation 035N: I applied a single pump of this gorgeous medium coverage foundation (currently 035 N is a perfect match for my NC 25-27 skin) and didn’t take the pictures that follow until nearly 8 hours later…that, in and of itself, speaks to its longevity of wear. Continue reading for more details and a copious amount of sunlit and shaded swatches in every shade category.
- *Guerlain L’Essentiel Retractable Foundation Brush:This genius brush is a brilliant fusion of form and function; outside of a sponge, I’ve never owned such a compact tool for applying foundation. So good.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Almond: I swept a touch of this highly pigmented concealer along my under eye region for brightening…it’s every bit as effective as everyone says!
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Med/Dark: This bronzer has been on heavy rotation for the last couple of years and I still haven’t hit pan. I use the tiniest bit of the true brown bronzer to gently sculpt and warm up the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face and love the persimmon-toned highlight on the apples of my cheeks (it’s too dark for me to get away with on the high points of my face) on days when I skip traditional blush.
- *Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Quad for Holiday 2019: Like cushions of colorful light, this breathtakingly beautiful LE blush quad offers four radiant shades–including the brand new baby pink Surreal Effect and peachy coral Lucid Glow which I applied in the look at the end of this post–that can be used to add a soft flush and plenty of glow. The shades are sheer but buildable and deliver a flattering dimension to the skin that will leave you wondering how you ever lived without it.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Blooming Cherry Refining Pressed Powder for Holiday 2019: This gossamer veil (which currently comes in the most exquisite compact for the holiday season) mattifies and blurs pores while adding a brightening aura to the skin. In the look that follows, I applied a light dusting in t-zone to set everything while controlling oil. I will have a closeup of the entire Clé de Peau Beauté Holiday 2019 collection on BP soon.
|A close up of the resplendent Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Quad for Holiday 2019|
|Base and face swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The *Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation and *Guerlain L’Essentiel Retractable Foundation Brush|
What it is: A long-wear liquid foundation with 97% naturally-derived ingredients that provides buildable coverage and a natural glow finish.
What it does: Its innovative formula is enriched with skin care benefits, hydrating and balancing the skin to improve your complexion over time. The silky, smooth texture becomes one with your skin and your complexion looks perfected, luminous and fresh.
In a clinical evaluation by a dermatologist on 38 women after four weeks:
– Participants said the complexion was more even and the appearance of pores was reduced by 49%
– Participants said the appearance of imperfections was reduced by 39%
How to use: Begin with a primer if desired. Apply foundation directly onto a foundation brush and gently buff into skin. Use one drop for light coverage or two to three drops for medium coverage.
On to the swatches…
For reference, the foundation shades are divided into 10 depth categories:
- Porcelain (00): @NC/N/NW 10
- Very Light (01): @NC/N/NW 15
- Light (02): @NC/N/NW 20
- Natural (03): @NC/N/NW 25
- Beige (035): @NC/N/NW 27-30
- Medium (04): @NC/N/NW 30-35
- Amber (045): @NC/N/NW 35-42
- Honey (05): @NC/N/NW 42-50
- Deep (055): @NC/N/NW 50-55
- Very Deep (06): 55-60+
Additionally, each depth category has a Cool (leans rosy), Neutral (a balance of rosy and golden) and Warm (leans golden) undertone option.
|Swatches of the *Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation fair-light shades in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of the *Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation fair-light shades in outdoor shade.|
|Swatches of the *Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation light-medium and medium shades in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of the *Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation light-medium and medium shades in outdoor shade.|
|Swatches of the *Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation tan and deep shades in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of the *Guerlain L’Essentiel Naturel 16-Hour Foundation tan and deep shades in outdoor shade.|
|Eyes and lips.|
- *Hourglass Travel Size Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow Set: This limited-edition Holiday 2019 trio in one of my favorite eyeshadow formulas of life features three incandescent shades–the rich plum Molten (an exclusive to the set), gleaming gold Foil and sparkling bronze-meets-platinum Ray–masterfully deposits color while catching the light. The glitter is so finely milled that it should hardly be referenced as glitter (think of it more like a wet, foil effect; creamy and lightweight, the formula completely avoids fallout and creasing…I wear this shadow constantly during the week and will be picking up a few of these sets as gifts for those who like an illuminated eye as much as I do.
- Sisley-Paris Photo Kohl Star Sparkling Waterproof Stylo Liner: In the look that follows, I swept this smooth and radiant black liner (I’m on my third one!) along my lower waterline for impact that stays put all day.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel: My brows are never without this brilliant gel; I simply brush it through my arches in an upward direction and brows are feathery and defined.
- *Sisley So Intense Mascara: Two coats build lashes to their maximum…the unusual thin and diminutive brush allows one to deposit color at the base of the lashes for intense impact that resists smudging and flaking, even for this allergy-ridden girl.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk Lip Liner: I have run through multiple pencils in this particular shade over the years, earning it a perennial place in my makeup bag. the neutral depth and impressive wear time make it a go-to multiple times a week. Have you tried it yet?
- La Mer The Lip Volumizer: This lip treatment is investment-level but I’ve been using it almost daily since picking it up last month. Delightfully non-sticky and ultra shiny, the gloss is immensely hydrating while elevating lips with a muted sweet mint flavor that isn’t the slightest bit cloying. My mom and I both have this and adore it.
- Dior Ultra Care Liquid Lipstick in #446 Whisper: I purchased this new lip color formula on a whim and am smitten with the rich color payoff and cushiony texture that dries down to a soft cream finish. Whisper is a fascinating mix of nude, coral and peach that instantly brightens the face in a single coat.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eye look, courtesy of the *Hourglass Travel Size Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow Set|
- Gray Off the Shoulder Top: An easy and extra comfortable piece for cooler weather, this top can be worn off the shoulder (as seen above and below) or as a cowl neck…it’s super soft and the versatility is a benefit, indeed.
- Denim Skirt: Classic with a dash of relaxed edginess, I’ll be wearing this skirt with tights when the time comes, in the meanwhile, bare legs it is!
- Ivory Western Booties: Cowboy boots are having a resurgence this season (for some of us, they never left) and these booties–in the most perfect shade of muted ivory–are equal parts modern and timeless. Oh, and they match virtually everything.
|Applying the Dior Ultra Care Liquid Lipstick in #446 Whisper|