|*Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Soft Radiance Foundation|
|Swatches of the *Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Soft Radiance Foundation in direct sunlight.|
What it does: The fade-resistant moisturizing, nourishing and protecting formula contains a blend of advanced elastomers and light-diffusing powders to create the perfect radiant surface. Designed to create the appearance of flawless skin, this foundation also nourishes with breathable protection and is infused with hyaluronic acid to moisturize for a plump, dewy look. A trio of natural oils including balsam copaiba, andiroba, açai and anti-inflammatory noni fruit extract nourish and calm the skin while broad-spectrum SPF 50 helps protect from the harmful effects of the sun.
In a consumer test on 104 women immediately after use:
– 97% said it immediately left skin looking smooth
– 92% said it immediately left skin looking radiant
After one week:
– 94% said it provided breathable coverage
– 93% said it felt lightweight on skin
How to use: Shake well. Apply to clean or primed skin. Use a foundation brush to work from the center of your face outward, following the contours of your face.
- 1 oz.
- Made in Canada
- *Puttisu Baby Safe Mild Sunscreen Cushion SPF 43: I am beyond smitten with this completely physical sunscreen cushion designed for babies and easily stolen by their moms ; ) I originally brought it to Disneyland for Joey earlier this month and was enchanted by the glowy finish and lightweight yet potent protection it provided. It’s now always in my handbag!
- BYREDO Mojave Ghost Hair Perfume: This aerosol spray created expressly for the hair delivers the essence of the cult favorite Mojave Ghost with a lighter dry down that feels just right.
- *Codex Beauty Bia Skin Superfood: This multitasking gem can be used on the face, hands and limbs to deliver potent moisture and nutrients…it’s utilitarian to the max and oft in my work bag. Use Beautyprofessor20 for 20% off your entire order.
- *Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream: Still my most used face cream ever, I am on bottle #5 of this formula and use it day and night for the best skin of my life. Incidentally, now is the perfect time to stock up on your Bader favorite since Cos Bar is having its Spring Into Beauty Event through 3/14…the gift bag with any $200+ purchase is brimming with deluxe sample sizes of all of the best that luxury beauty has to offer.
- *ReVive Lip Perioral Renewal Serum (reviewed HERE): To plump fine lines around the mouth, this singular serum is the gold standard. I use it day and night to refine and restore.
- *Graydon Skincare Fullmoon Serum: I am loving the unique composition (read: vitamin C, blue tansy, hyaluronic acid and so much more) of this formula and appreciate the way that it contributes to anti-aging while calming inflammation and protecting skin against pollutants. It’s a veritable pocketknife of skincare! Use Beautyprofessor20 for 20% off your entire order.
- *Retrouve Revitalizing Eye Concentrate (reviewed HERE): Still one of the most exquisite eye products I’ve tried to date, the tiniest bit dabbed into the delicate orbital region results in smooth, hydrated and instantly brightened skin.
- *Ranavat Radiant Rani Brightening Facial Serum: Worn as a primer (for moisture and illumination) this opulent Saffron-infused serum delivers the most delicate glow. Pro tip: try mixing it with a more matte foundation for a custom skin finish.
|*Puttisu Baby Safe Mild Sunscreen Cushion SPF 43|
|Nude Envie for cheeks.|
- *Nude Envie Solace Powder Bronzer: This luminous true tan has been on heavy repeat in my life for months…it easily ranks in my top three these days due to its velvety texture, easy blendablity and beautiful radiant finish. A touch in the hollows of my cheeks and along the perimeters of my face and my canvas is sculpted with natural looking warmth in mere seconds.
- *Nude Envie Enamor Powder Blush: A light peachy pink with a touch of luminosity, this blush looks fresh and infinitely flattering on the apples of one’s cheeks.
- *Nude Envie Peachy Cream Blush: A true mid-toned peach cream with no visible shimmer, this fresh hue makes skin look healthy and juicy and is an instant pick-me-up when my skin looks dull. **Worn in the images at the end of this post.
- *Nude Envie Passion Cream Blush: More intense and rosier than Peachy, Passion is a deep rich flush tone that looks extra gorgeous on olive, tan and deep skin tones.
- *Nude Envie Ibiza Nude Cream Blush: This particular hue is in a tie with Peachy as my current favorite from this line. Ibiza Nude is lighter and slightly pinker than Peachy and, in my experience, is reminiscent of something a chic 1960s starlet might of worn on both her cheeks and her lips. It’s simply divine.
- *Nude Envie Greatness Cream Blush: This stunning rose shade boasts creamy opacity and no shimmer for a “just pinched” result that is endlessly flattering.
- *Nude Envie Enchant Powder Blush: The pinky gold duo-chrome effect of this blush is simply lovely and it pairs so well with lightly bronzed skin.
- *Nude Envie Golden Cream Highlight: A touch deeper than traditional champagne tones, this soft and warm gold pulls neutral (rather than yellow gold) to complement every skin tone on the spectrum.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Also on my face.|
- *Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Custom Finish Powder Foundation in #250 Sand: A few BP readers recently asked my thoughts on this and I am happy to report that it is every bit as smooth and seamless on the skin as the wealth of online reviews reflect. It blends like a dream without the slightest hint of a powdery finish and, while I used it as a setting powder in the images at the end of this post, I can’t wait to experiment with it as a full foundation in the days to come. Stay tuned!
- *Kosas Revealer Concealer in 5.5 (reviewed HERE): My daily go-to since its launch, this creamy, clean and budge-proof concealer works wonders on my tired orbital area. It resists creasing and feels smooth and nourishing…it’s near perfection.
- *Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush: This is my face brush of life…every day, nearly every powder product…it’s nothing short of sublime.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- *Victoria Beckham Smoky Eye Brick in Tweed (reviewed HERE): For the look at the end of this post, I liberally applied the lush tan shade from this palette and blended a bit of the burgundy shade in the crease and along my lower lash line for continuity. I have a few of these Eye Bricks and Tweed is my absolute favorite…it’s warm neutrals done so very right.
- *SUQQU Tone Touch Eyeshadow #12 (reviewed HERE): I blended this glimmering champagne peach pearl shade up to my brown bone as I do most days…it’s an invaluable part of my routine and often sold outline. I suggest snapping it up when you can!
- Urban Decay Zero Eyeliner: An original with major lasting power, I forgot how much I love this deep black tone for my waterline.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Perennially on my brows, this gel gives a full feathery look to which I am addicted.
- *Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Panoramic Mascara: This fairly new release yields jet black length and volume in two coats…it’s really quite wonderful.
- *Luna Nectar Moon Boost Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum: I’ve been using this clean brown and lash serum nightly and am very pleased with the way it strengthens while adding length and fullness to both areas. Since it’s from a small (but mighty!) indie brand, this formulas can be hard to track down but I have it in my personal Indie Beauty Boutique…don’t forget to use the code beautyprofessor20 for 20% off your order.
- *Raincry Conditioning Brush: My hair loves this brush! The boar bristles distributes the natural oils from the scalp down to one’s tresses for a shiny and smooth mane, even with second and third day hair.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- Hermes Satin Lipstick in Rose Zinzolin: I’ve been eagerly awaiting the launch of the Hermes lipstick, ever since catching a glimpse of it on Instagram. I ordered a couple on the day that it launched (and swiftly sold out) and am glad I settled on a shade outside of my normal nude palette. The weighty ivory, black and brushed gold packaging is every bit as stunning as one would expect and the bullet itself–smoky pink with a touch of violet–creates a sophisticated rosy pout with an element of intrigue. From a formula perspective, the Satin version is creamy, hydrating and comfortable with excellent color payoff. The fragrance has a slightly fruity essence that isn’t cloying (no taste!) and dissipates quickly. In summation, I am over the moon for the Hermes lipstick…it’s a truly luxurious lip option and I can’t wait to try more shades!
- Westman Atelier Les Rouges Lip Suede Palette (also available at Net-A-Porter and reviewed HERE): In the second half of the images in this story, I am wearing the nude shade from this vibrant compact. It’s a mauve-tinged neutral with marvelous opacity and comfortable wear and it, along with its fuchsia and red counterpart, make this compact well worth the pursuit.
|Welcome home, Hermes Satin Lipstick in Rose Zinzolin.|
|A swatch of Hermes Satin Lipstick in Rose Zinzolin|
|Swatches from bottom to top: Hermes Satin Lipstick in Rose Zinzolin and Westman Atelier Les Rouges Palette.|
|Eye look via the *Victoria Beckham Smoky Eye Brick in Tweed|
- *Nude silk shirt: A silk blouse in a neutral hue effortlessly takes one through the entire year…I have three floating around in my closet and they are on constant rotation!
- *Dark high waist pants: I purchased this incredible pair of faux-leather trousers earlier this month and am in love with their perfectly relaxed fit (I’m wearing a size 38…US 6). High waisted with darts, they feel classic yet modern and are super soft for vegan leather. Get these…you won’t regret it.
- *CC Corso Como pumps: Still my go-to’s multiple times a week, this buttery pair of pumps garners compliments galore while being deceptively comfortable. Cannot recommend them enough!
|Are there really any better accessories than a great pair of shoes and a Hermes Satin Lipstick?|
|Wearing the nude shade from the Westman Atelier Les Rouges Lip Suede Palette here and in the images that follow.|
- Have a “To Do” List: I recognize that not everyone is a “list person,” but there is something very freeing and gratifying about itemizing the things you’d like to/need to get done in a day and then checking them off, one-by-one. Lists help me to feel less overwhelmed by the gravity of the day and also give me great satisfaction, especially since they enable met to clearly take inventory of how much I actually achieved. FYI, I usually write my lists down in a spiral bound notebook like this one.
- Drink water: I don’t know about you, but sometimes I forget to do very basic things (e.g., drink water, run to the restroom, take a snack break) when I’m working from home. One way that I make sure to stay hydrated all day is to fill up my trusty Yeti 20 oz tumbler with ice and water (and often lemon and a dash of honey for extra immunity power). Coupled with a steel straw (the ones with silicone tips like THESE are my favorite), the combination compels me to drink all day (the water stays ICE COLD) and I also take it with me when I leave the house as the tumbler fits in my cup holder. In addition to being good for your system, drinking water also helps with overall wellbeing and brain function so it’s a win-win.
- Get dressed but stay comfortable: I find that I feel more productive when I’m “dressed for the day,” but there’s no need to wear a dress, heels or tight jeans (unless that’s your thing) while chained to one’s laptop on the couch. Some of my go-to’s include a bodysuit (Nordstrom currently has an impressive selection) and these jogging pants (have them in 3 colors, size medium), these high waist leggings (super slimming while still feeling comfy) and these genius workwear-meets-loungewear trousers for a little extra polish. Also, to keep my feet “conditioned” for those moments when I wear heels, I like to wear shoes at home during my work hours…I highly recommend the bouncy Nike Air Max 270s for this role (I have them in 3 colors).
- Limit multitasking: This tip may sound counterintuitive for productivity and maybe even impossible, but focusing on one task at a time can actually enhance follow through and keep us from having “too many tabs” open in our brain. I try to work on one thing at a time for about 30 minutes and then switch tasks so my focus stays keen. Sometimes, I break up the chunks of time with a walk with Joey and Jethro, some squats or a light stretch (these resistance bands really make it count) which is a nice “reset” to reactivate my brain.
- Allow for intermittent inspiration: A bit of online browsing and shopping can be a great mood lifter (without having to be exorbitant) especially after a long span of productivity. Lately, I’ve been focusing on the big sales at Equipment France, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus as well as vintage and pre-owned luxury finds at The Real Real to add pieces to my wardrobe that are timeless investments I will wear for years to come.
- Invest in some AirPods (or the like): When they first launched, I dismissed Apple’s AirPods as all hype but since purchasing them last year, I have found them to be an invaluable contributor to my productivity. I chiefly use them for phone calls (no more annoying speaker phone!) which is truly a game changer as I can freely do other things (typing! walking! washing dishes!) while talking on the phone without comprising clarity or sound quality.
- Take your vitamins: I’ve shared on countless occasions that I am an ardent proponent of supplements…they give me energy and focus, fortify my body and boost my immunity, even when seemingly cooped up at home. Some of my favorites include the Hush & Hush Time Capsule (reviewed HERE) as a daily vitamin with blue light protection (enter the code Beautyprofessor for 20% off at checkout), Goli Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies (taste amazing and provide energy and a metabolism boost…use code beautyprofessor for a discount), Rainbow Light Counter Attack (immunity support like no other), HUM Flatter Me (which aids in digestion for a flatter tummy) and Solaray Vitamin B Complex (which helps with stress support and nourishes hair).