|Real life…shooting my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale purchases with Joey Elle.|
|Sporty and sleek.|
- Spanx Workout Bra: I ordered this in a size medium and it was a perfect fit for my 34B frame. The bra’s cut ensures smooth lines and support during activity like running…I love it!
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: I already owned pair of these in an XS and picked up a size small to add to the mix...they really create a faux leather vibe without being too thick or having odd texture. They are breathable and slim you down like nothing else!
- Neon Faux Sherling Bomber Jacket: I added this to my cart at the last minute and am so glad that I did. I ordered it in a size medium and it’s roomy and relaxed. I love the pop of color at the zipper and can see myself wearing this during early morning and late evening walks in the fall when the temperatures drop.
- Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers in Light Cream: I own this shoe in two different colors and every time I wear them or post with them on, I get questions! They are comfortable and run true to size (I ordered a 7)…upon receiving, these are everything I knew they would be.
|Neon Faux Sherling Bomber Jacket|
|A closer look at the Spanx Workout Bra and Spanx Faux Leather Leggings|
|LOOK #2: Mom and Daughter Pattern Love|
- BB Dakota Eldridge Shirt Jacket: This “flannel” is thicker and lined with slash pockets for a jacket feel…the size medium hits at my lower thighs for a longer feel. The soft pink plaid is a wonderful neutral and looks great over leggings and trainers (styled here with the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings and Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers in Light Cream).
- Leopard Pullover: This chic leopard top has adorable ruffled arms and is super soft. Joey will be wearing this a lot!
- Knit Jogger Pants: Even though Joey is only 2 and generally wears a 2T, I ordered these in a size 3T and they fit well with room to grow. They are a chic and soft take on a traditional jogging pant.
- Hunter Waterproof Leopard Boot: The instant that I opened the box, Joey begged to put these darling boots on. She, in particular, loves a wellie (it’s easy for her to put on herself and the coverage allows her to stomp around nature–usually our backyard–with confidence) and this pink and leopard combo is so whimsical.
|A closeup of Joey’s Leopard Pullover, Knit Jogger Pants and Hunter Waterproof Leopard Boots|
|LOOK #3: The Only Dress|
- Print Long Sleeve Dress in Black Betsy Rose Floral: This is the only dress that I purchased in the sale (so far). The rayon material is soft and flowy and I found the size medium to be generous in terms of cut. This print is cheerful and interesting without being over the top and I just added the leopard print version to my cart as well as the fit of this dress is fresh and effortless.
- Steve Madden Issy Block Heel Slide in Clear: I am thrilled by how much wear I am getting from these sandals, which I purchased at the beginning of summer. The clear straps guarantee that they will match anything and I find them to be very comfortable. Oh, and they are currently on sale for under $50!
|The Print Long Sleeve Dress in Black Betsy Rose Floral and Steve Madden Issy Block Heel Slide in Clear|
|LOOK #4: Professional with a Twist|
- Free People Turnt Bodysuit: This voluminous green number is more stylistically elevated than most things I’m wearing these days but it’s nice to have a few aspirational pieces in rotation, no? I ordered a medium and it fits as expected…the hue is simply stunning.
- True Body Bralette: Because the bodysuit is quite low (the twist in this look’s title), I paired it with this bralette that I ordered in both black and tan in a size medium. I am so glad that I took a chance with this bra as it is the most comfortable thing I’ve tried in this category in years! It doesn’t bind but still provides smoothness and support and is refined enough to be a base layer that shows when the occasion requires. My mom Laura (who assists on Beauty Professor and shot every single image from today’s post!) saw the bra and promptly ordered two for herself!
- Eileen Fisher Tapered Ankle Pants: I am wearing size small in these pants as Eileen Fisher tends to run a little large on me. They are simply wonderful and I know I’ll be wearing them a lot in the coming months…as I predicted in an earlier post, they are…like something Audrey Hepburn might wear on a lazy day at home.
- To finish the look, I threw on the versatile Steve Madden Issy Block Heel Slide in Clear.
|The Free People Turnt Bodysuit and Eileen Fisher Tapered Ankle Pants|
|I can’t get over this green hue!|
|LOOK #5: Sweater Season|
- Thread & Supply Cardigan Coat: This sweater-meets-coat in the most sophisticated shade of beige has a notched collar and roomy pockets for a swingy feel. I styled this outwear staple with the True Body Bralette (see how cute it is as a base layer?), Eileen Fisher Tapered Ankle Pants and Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers in Light Cream.
- Peplum Hoodie: The waffle weave, golden shade and ruffled hem create the most adorable take on a sweater…I can already envision Joey running through the fall leaves with joy in this top.
|Joey is wearing the Peplum Hoodie|
|LOOK #6: Working from Home|
- Topshop Double Breasted Blazer: I ordered this blazer in a size 10 (wanted an oversized feel) and am smitten with its soft structure and brilliant neutral tones. The material is luxe and hangs well…get it while you can as I predict this one will sell out fast.
- True Body Bralette: Yet again, an interesting base layer…this time in the beautiful tan shade.
- Cozy Jogger Sweatpants: I am so impressed with the fit and feel of these lightweight joggers. They have a French terry feel and this mocha tone is gorgeous. I just added the heather gray pair to my cart as well!
- UGG Cozette Genuine Shearling Slide: These fluffy slip-ons in the most perfect shade of grey are cushiony and comfortable (wood flooring and travertine can give bare feet a lot of strain) and allow me to “wear shoes” while staying as casual as possible at home.
- Stem Organic Cotton Jumpsuit: Joey has this one piece gem in two colors and it’s so adorable on her…breathable and movement friendly, I highly recommend it for the toddlers in your life.
|Laptop at my finger tips, baby in the other arm…this is very real life around here.|
|LOOK #7: Dream Jeans and a Tee|
// LOOK #7: Dream Jeans and a Tee //
- Daydreamer Led Zeppelin Band Tee: I have been wearing oversized band tees nonstop since March and am thrilled that there are some befitting options during the sale. I sized up to an XL as I wanted all the length possible and also ordered a similar version in white. This tee is soft and flowy and basically perfect.
- Frame Le Original Jeans: This is my absolute favorite cut of Frame jeans…it’s timeless and classic and extremely flattering yet comfortable…very Jane Birken-esque. This particular version for the sale runs small so I sized up to a 28 (normally wear a 25 or 26 in Frame) and it was the absolute right choice. I am as in love with these jeans as I knew I would be.
- I finished the look with the UGG Cozette Genuine Shearling Slides for a laid back feel.
|The Frame Le Original Jeans have interesting distressed hems.|
|LOOK #8: Button-Down Bliss|
- Madewell Classic Ex-Boyfriend Shirt: If there was one item in my closet that defines my style, it’s a classic button-down. This slightly oversized version is made of medium weight cotton for a polished look. I ordered a size large as I wanted it big…this shirt will most certainly be on heavy rotation over here.
- Dior Sostellaire 50mm Cat Eye Sunglasses: I normally don’t wear sunglasses without nose pads but I took a chance on this pair, which remind me of the ones that Audrey Hepburn wears in the “orange coat scene” in Breakfast at Tiffany’s and am utterly delighted with their fit and energy. They stay on my face without feeling too tight and are exceptionally lightweight…just marvelous!
- I paired the shirt with the Frame Le Original Jeans (optimal for a half tuck) and Steve Madden Issy Block Heel Slide in Clear.
|A different angle for the Frame Le Original Jeans…they hit at my ankle (for reference, I’m 5’8 1/2″)|
|A closeup of the Dior Sostellaire 50mm Cat Eye Sunglasses|
|The Madewell Classic Ex-Boyfriend Shirt|
|Beauty Picks: neuBROW Duo and neuLASH Duo with the Dior Sostellaire 50mm Cat Eye Sunglasses in the background.|
- *neuBROW Duo: Full brows require commitment and this formula masterfully takes care of business. I am looking forward to using this daily starting this weekend!
- *neuLASH Duo: I am currently working on naturally maximizing my lashes and have heard great things about this formula…it’s such a fabulous deal, too.
- Sisley-Paris All Eyes on Sisley Set: I adore both of these Sisley eye formulas (I never get on a plane without the Eye Contour Mask!) and am excited about the value of this duo.
- RIKI Skinny Lighted Mini Vanity Mirror: I own this mirror and am so impressed with how well it performs. I film all of my Instagram Lives with it (the lighting is simply divine) and appreciate how thin it is for travel. Just bought it for a close friend for her birthday…can’t wait to give it to her!
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad and Mini Lip Color Set: I always look forward to the Tom Ford set offering during the #NSale and am smitten with the gorgeous rosy neutral tones that abound with this particular exclusive.
- Slip Silk Pillowcase Duo: A silk pillowcase is a must for me to help mitigate tangles and no one does executes this concept better than Slip. I have one behind my head right now as I type this!
- Necessaire Set: Skincare for the minimalist who wants to feel hydrated…love this brand and its formulas.
- Lancer The Polish: I just finished my tube of this (it lasts a long while!) and am happy to replenish during the sale for such a marvelous deal.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Secrets Set: Pillow Talk is one of my favorite CT shades ever and I run through the lip liner and gloss like crazy as well, making this set a complete no-brainer.
- Tom Ford Black Orchid and Ombre Leather Travel Set: Black Orchid for me, Ombre Leather for my husband…consider it an opulent hers and his situation..
- Charlotte Tilbury Glowing, Gorgeous Eye Secrets Set: I love this cream eyeshadow formula and the golden hues are simply resplendent.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate: I am constantly running through this extremely effective exfoliant…highly recommended for the smoothest skin imaginable.
- NuBody Skin Toning Device Set: I own this and love it for firming, lifting and tightening stubborn areas of the body.
- PMD Clean Facial Cleansing Device: I have this in my shower this minute…it offers a sublime cleansing experience each and every time without irritating skin.
|My husband, being am exceptionally good sport for this image.|
- Nordstrom Mens V-Necks: This is the tee shirt in our household. I buy them for my husband, I buy them for me. They’re soft and lightweight yet hold up well in the wash…it’s the best tee shirt of its kind on the market, in my/our experience. I ordered a pack for my husband and he is wearing a previously owned one in picture above.
- Travis Matthew Tropical Golf Shirt: My husband loves Travis Matthew shirts…I buy him 3-4 a year and they are his absolute favorite. Get them and you’ll see what I mean! I wasn’t sure about this purple color story but it’s wonderful in person…consider it a Hawaiian shirt/golf shirt hybrid.
- Nordstrom Faux Fur Throw: For cool fall and winter nights, I’ll be glad to snuggle with Joey under this blanket…likely, we’ll be watching Curious George on TV.
- NEST Diffuser Duo: This is a beautiful balance between homeware and fragrance and no one does this duality better than NEST.
- Barefoot Dreams Cozy Throw Blanket in Antique Rose: I gave this blanket as a wedding gift to someone not that long ago and they LOVED it. It’s the perfect fall companion.
- Voluspa Saijo Persimmon Candle: I love to always have a few of these candles on hand as gifts…they are luxe yet affordable and smell divine (this fragrance is a favorite). I’ll be stocking up as the deal cannot be beat!
- Paul Green Dede Platform Sandal: I added these to my bag in the gold hue…they look comfortable yet a little exciting. My kind of pairing ; )
- Topshop Long Sleeve Square Neck Bodysuit: I am bodysuit lover and am picking this classic ballet style in powder blue and black.
- Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Leather Shoulder Bag: I already own this in the melon shade and cannot recommend it enough for its lightweight durability…it’s a true paradox with iconic status.
- Delicate bangle: This gleaming number will layer well with my current stack.
- Faherty Bellamy Linen Cardigan: I can’t wait for the temperatures to drop enough for a cardigan to make sense. This one will dress up my t-shirts during the Zoom lectures I’ll be doing in the fall.
- Mother The Insider Two Step Fray Jeans: I already own these in a blue hue but have wanted black for awhile and am so happy they made an appearance for the sale! The cut is fresh and modern without being over the top.
- Paul Green Belted Biker Boot: I feel like come fall, I will be really glad that I have these in my footwear arsenal.
- Tom Ford Lily Cat Eye Sunglasses: I feel like the cat eye trend is coming back and this modified version will look lovely on all face shapes.
- Rag & Bone Maya High Waist Ankle Jeans: A perfect cut that will look good with the above blazer.
- Free People Arden Extra Long Cotton Top:
- Superga Platform Sneaker: The platform is enticing and I really like the denim look of this pair.
- Vince Wool and Cashmere V-Neck Sweater: During every NSale, I pick up something Vince to elevate my wardrobe…this sweater will be that!
- Zella high waist live-in leggings: I own these in multiple colors…nothing looks as good on the waist…it truly is “skinny-ness” in a legging.
|LOOK #9: The Culmination Combination|
// LOOK #9: The Culmination Combination //
- I topped my beloved Zella Live in High Waist Pocket Bike Shorts (you guys…the side pockets are transformational and the high waist is ultra-flattering) with the Daydreamer Led Zeppelin Band Tee and Topshop Double Breasted Blazer for a casual juxtaposition that unexpectedly works.
- To finish the look, I tossed on the Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers in Light Cream and added the Dior Sostellaire 50mm Cat Eye Sunglasses as the piece de resistance.
Bottom Line: I truly hope you enjoyed my personalized guide to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and that it helps you to streamline your process as you explore the sale’s offerings in the coming days. Do tell me what may have caught your eye…would love to know!
Good things ahead, including a fresh video tutorial (in the meanwhile, check out my latest video tutorial on IGTV, which also features all of the makeup I wore in this post), an updated Nordstrom shopping guide closer to the General Access leg of the sale (with more beauty and new piece I’ll have picked up in the interim) and a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share and please let me know if there is anything else you’d like to see here on BP in the coming days.
Stay strong, sending love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-20 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.