|Hair and skin.|
// HAIR + SKIN //
- *Salwa Petersen Chebe du Tchad Hair Cream: I had the pleasure of virtually meeting Ms. Petersen during a Zoom a couple of weeks ago and was charmed by her beautiful energy as well as the versatility of her hair cream. Designed to be used to smooth, tame and condition, this leave-in cream–fortified by Chebe found in Chad–restores moisture and smells incredible…earthy and rich, it’s a breath of fresh air and makes my hair feel so soft.
- *Beb Organic Gua Sha for Babies: I am over the moon for this gorgeous rose quartz heart shaped Gua She and accompanying Nurturing Oil and Soothing Serum found in this set. Therapeutic touch is so important for young ones and I love being able to show Joey the importance of skincare and its link to well being with this beautiful ritual. This is a gorgeous gift for the mom or mother-to-be in your life!
- *Augustinus Bader The Cleansing Balm: This luxurious cleanser is everything we have come to expect from the venerable Augustinus Bader line. For those who seek a gentle yet effective deep clean experience, this plush balm is a must. It glides onto skin and melts away every last trace of makeup and dirt, leaving bright and balanced skin in its wake.
- *Sisley-Paris Velvet Nourishing Body Cream: I have been using this body cream nonstop since receiving last week and friends, it is good! Infused with the opulent essence of Saffron as well as honey and orange blossom, this formula–which is a calming, olfactory delight–instantly absorbs for lush and radiant limbs that stay hydrated for hours on end. It’s my new post-shower ritual and my skin is better for it.
- *Re:erth Phytobright supplements: I am wholly committed to daily supplements and this formula made in Japan boasts a potent cocktail of Yellow Tomato, Spring Turmeric and L-Cystine for brighter and more translucent skin that is also better protected from UV rays.
|A closeup of the *Salwa Petersen Chebe du Tchad Hair Cream|
|The *Beb Organic Gua Sha for Babies is a beautiful bonding experience for mama and baby and also makes a stunning and memorable gift.|
// MAKEUP //
- *EM Cosmetics Daydream Cushion in Sweet Secret and Gentle Light: I have definitely grown into an ardent fan of EM Cosmetics and could barely contain my excitement when I learned that she was launching a cushion. Designed to be a first layer of perfecting SPF 50 protection for the skin, this meticulously crafted cushion formula bathes skin in moisture and a wash of dewy, translucent color that I find is easily buildable to almost medium coverage while looking nearly invisible on the skin. The cushion comes in a range of six versatile shades ensuring that all skin tones will find a befitting match. It’s an exceptionally effective way to prepare one’s canvas in just a few seconds and the effect, much to my ebullience, lasts the entire day.
- *Laura Mercier Opening Night Cheek Palette: New for Holiday 2020, this is the kind of cheek palette for which I yearn. Inside the sleep baby pink compact resides three finely-milled cheek shades–a champagne-toned highlight, a brilliant peachy blush and a warm tan bronzer–that can create a full face in mere moments. This is the kind of launch you’ll want to buy for yourself and also gift to fellow beauty lovers.
- *BY TERRY Twinkle Glow CC Highlighter: From the singularly breathtaking sparkle-encrusted case to the glowing powder within, this recent holiday launch from the brilliant Terry de Gunzburg is pure class. The buttery highlighting powder is a soft and glimmering pale peach tone that looks incredible on the high points of the face. The powder has significant color payoff while looking exceptionally natural on the skin; truly, it is one of my favorite BY TERRY products yet! The compact seems to already be sold out at many retailers but I found it in stock HERE. Get this…you will not regret it.
- *BY TERRY Twinkle Glow Best of Set: Replete with four BY TERRY best sellers which also happen to be my personal must-haves for years, this set includes the Lash-Expert Twist Brush Mascara (I’m currently on tube #7), a deluxe mini version of Hyaluronic Setting Powder (blurs pores like nobody’s business), Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon (my first ever BY TERRY purchase over a decade ago…have used at least 7 since then) and the Baume de Rose gloss (which is my preferred way to wear this iconic formula). If you’ve been looking to try the brand or, perhaps, share the brand with someone you love, this is the set to get…hope it’s still in stock by the time this article goes live.
- *Laura Mercier Kisses from the Balcony Lip Glace Set: For lips, I adore this quartet of gourmand scented glosses. The Lip Glace formula offers a buildable cloak of moisturizing, non-sticky color and this darling set features mini versions of the pale Bare Pink, sparkling Rose Gold Accent, my lips but better Desert Rose and decadent aubergine Black Cherry. All four shades are fresh and wearable for whatever occasions the upcoming holidays may present.
|*EM Cosmetics Daydream Cushion in Sweet Secret|
|The glorious *BY TERRY Twinkle Glow CC Highlighter|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
in Desert Rose.
|The Reformation Cashmere Wrap Sweater makes me feel like a ballerina off-duty.|
- Reformation Cashmere Wrap Sweater: I was instantly attracted to the soft ballet vibes of this wrap sweater; the nude rose is so flattering and the cashmere is extra soft! I ordered a size L as Reformation often runs small but this sweater is pretty true to size. I don’t mind the slightly oversized fit…it’s equal parts feminine and comfortable.
- Rag and Bone Miramar Jogger Jeans: Speaking of comfortable, I now have these genius pants in two washes but this light vintage wash is my favorite. It’s sold out at most retailers but I found it HERE for you if you’ve been on the hunt. Seriously, I reach for these pants multiple times a week. SO worth it.
- *Madewell Gray V-Neck Bodysuit: I may have found the most perfect bodysuit. The material is opaque yet breathable, stretchy yet holds you in and the v is neither too shallow nor too deep. I have a lot of bodysuits and this one now ranks in my top three. I also purchased it in black…get it while you can. It’s a veritable steal at under $50, too!
- Fendi FF Sandals: When I splurge on something, I like to make sure I get plenty of wear from it; in this case, these sandals are on constant rotation in the daytime. They are infinitely comfortable and match everything.
- Joey’s UGGS: Earlier this week, Joey was marching around in my UGGS (babies in too-big shoes are so cute, no?) and it dawned on me that she might be ready for a pair of her own. I ordered them and when they arrived, she got so excited…they look just like mine but fit her perfectly. As she tried them on, she said “sooo cozy.” That sentiment speaks for itself.
|Joey is utterly smitten with her new UGGS|
|Eye look via the *BY TERRY Twinkle Glow Best of Set. Bronze Moon has always been an unmanaged favorite.|
|Ready to blend!
- In my NutriBullet blender, I start with a handful of ice (7-8 cubes) as it helps create a thick and frothy texture. Plus, I like drinks extra cold!
- Then, I add about a cup of organic milk (Horizon is my favorite) followed by a cup of frozen fruits and veggies. This Cherry, Berry and Kale mix by Wyman’s is on constant rotation and tastes amazing.
- I follow with a third of a cup of Chia Seeds for additional fiber and nutritional benefits. They also add thickness to the texture of the smoothie and a couple of tablespoons of honey.
- Finally, I add a scoop of the *Indigo Marine Collagen, which helps to fortify my hair, skin and nails. I love that this formula is ethically sourced and non-GMO with zero flavor so it works with everything. Every time I use collagen consistently, I notice positive benefits in my skin (smoother, bouncier, glowier!) and my overall wellbeing.
|Smoothie is served.|
–Shop the Post–