The Beautylish Gift Card Event has arrived, offering a $20 digital gift card for every $100 spent, with no limits! When it comes to beauty, I love how curated and edited Beautylish is; the brands range from niche and independent to mainstream and high end and, ultimately, everything is pure luxury. Once you earn your gift cards, you will receive them on April 2nd, 2021 and they will be good through December 31st, 2021.
Today, I am excited to give you a look at my picks–both brand new and tried and true–for the Beautylish Gift Card Event and hope you find my recommendations abundantly helpful and inspiring and you build your cart.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, images of everything in action and a special, expanded Style Notes section as well as the Bottom Line…
// THE NEW // Here is an array of new products from Beautylish that I’ve carefully tested and am thoroughly enjoying.
- UOMA Weightless Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation: Ever in search of the latest foundation, I color matched myself (the range of options is IMMENSE) to Honey Honey T3N and it was spot on. This ultra liquid formulation provides an astonishing amount of natural coverage that stays in place all day without creasing. The skin finish is fresh and flattering and, even after 10+ hours of wear (both inside and outdoors), I never needed to touch it up. Let me know if you’d like some help with color matching and I will offer my best suggestions!
- Surratt Artistique Cheek Color in Chaleur: If blush and bronzer decided to mate, its offspring would be the rosy bronze Chaleur, which I like to use to gently contour and warm up my face. The velvet finish is smooth and the way this shade enlivens the complexion is otherworldly.
- Cirque Shimmer Nail Polish in Ghost Rose: Luminous and iridescent, this radiant baby pink nail polish instantly lights up the nails in a single coat. The shine is immense and the ingredients profile is equally lovely.
- Slip Mega Scrunchie Set: I have been investing in these silk hair ties for years…there is truly nothing better. This set is a brilliant deal (under $50!) and comes with five skinny ties and two lush large scrunchies in the most gorgeous neutral color story. Fair warning: once you use these, you’ll never want to use untying else.
- Sunday Riley Come Upstairs Candle: I’ve been in search of a candle for my bedroom…something warm and comforting yet slightly sensual and alluring and this one from Sunday Riley checks all the boxes.
- Surratt Prismatique Eyes in Neutral Eyes: I haven’t used this formula in a few years but recently returned to it and fell in love all over again. Sweep the deep brown cream on your eyes and blend the shimmering peachy rose gold powder atop and you will have an incandescent neutral eye that lasts the day.
- Tom Ford Eye Quad in Arabesque: This opulent quad features shimmering pearl, gold and rose hues along with a rich and multidimensional olive tone that creates a radiant eye in mere moments. Pro tip: apply wet for even more color intensity.
- Natasha Denona Mini Glam Palette: I have previously stated that the Natasha Denona Glam Palette is my favorite of all of my palettes from her and this mini version is equally stellar. The five shadows in both luminous and matte finishes reflect are range of neutrals that will complement a spectrum of complexions and the buttery texture has high color payoff while resisting creasing.
- Benefit 24 Hour Brow Setter: I have been reading such good things about this brow setter and am happy to add another endorsement to the list. This clear formulation does a magnificent job of lifting and holding brows without the slightest hint of flaking.
- Charlotte Tilbury Super Radiance Resurfacing Peel: The reviews on this new peel are magnificent and I agree. AHA’s, BHA’s and PHA’s along with the extra hydrating Polyglutamic acid work together to instantly increase cell turnover without irritation. I like to use it before makeup to create a baby skin glow!
- T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers Luxe: Earlier this month, I shared a hot roller tutorial on Instagram and many of you asked me where you could buy the rollers that I used. Unfortunately, they are an old set and not available anymore. Enter: T3. These velvet flocked rollers deliver powerful curls without overheating the hair (read: less risk of heat damage) and are so easy to put it and remove (no hair gets stuck as there aren’t any “teeth” on the curlers = less hair fall). The clips told hold the curlers in are extra strong and the six rollers are completely sufficient for my long, thick, recently layered hair. I wholly recommend them…keep reading to see the curlers in action as well as the final result of on 15 minute session with them.
- Jill Stuart Lip Blossom Shiny Satin 04: This extra feminine lipstick case features flourishes including a crystal and a secret flip up mirror. The formulation itself is stunning…04 is a seriously hydrating peachy pink with a pearl finish that makes lips look voluminous and lit from within.
- Tom Ford Lip Color in Pretty Persuasive: As a professor who teaches argumentation and debate frequently, how have I missed a lipstick in the name Pretty Persuasive?? I am glad to have recently added it to my coterie of TF bullets and now cannot stop wearing it. It is a creamy and full coverage medium pink with a slightly violet undertone that makes this shade absolutely singular in a sea of pinks. You will see plenty of images of this shade in action at the end of this story.
// THE TRIED, TESTED + TRUE // These are products on heavy rotation that, should you decide to try them, will be invaluable staples in your routine, too.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: I use this spray to add, you guessed it, some texture to my straight hair and it works exceptionally well to add lift and a bit of hold pre-hot rollers. Oh, and I must mention that it smells divine.
- Sisley-Paris Black Rose Eye Contour Fluid: This skincare splurge works well to lift, brighten and firm the delicate eye area…the ceramic tip applicator is pure genius and the formula itself never disappoints. Toss it in your bag for an eye lift on the go.
- *Sisley-Paris Le Phyto-Blush (review): I use these blushes multiple times a week…the color payoff and velvet finish cannot be beat. Some of my favorites include Pink Peony (01), a mix of Coral (03) and Shimmer (06) and Rosewood (05), which I am wearing in my cheeks at the end of this post. These are an investment but, because a little goes a long way, they will last you a lifetime.
- Natasha Denona I Need a Nude Glow: For an almost wet look of radiance from a powder, this warm neutral champagne formula is the absolute best. The luminosity is finely milled and highly reflective but not the slightest bit glittery, making it ideal for all skin types and ages.
- *Omorovicza Midnight Renewal Serum: For a nightly retinol without the irritation, this formulation is sublime. The retinol is encapsulated so that you skin receives cell turn over benefits without the dryness and flaking commonly associated with retinoids. I use it a few times a night and always wake up with clearer, brighter and more luminous skin.
- Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush: This is the only brush I use every single day of my life…it holds up like a dream and blends powder products (I use it for bronzer, blush and highlighter alike) to oblivion, making them a second skin experience.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Filter Setting Spray: I have tried many setting sprays over the years but this one is my favorite as somehow it keeps makeup from budging while also allowing my skin to breathe. Also, the travel size (shown here) is perfection.
- Tom Ford Golden Peach Eye Duo: A holy grail for years, if I had to have one eyeshadow for life, it would be this one. The luminous gilded peach hues looks good on all skin tones and the glimmering powder sets it so it resists creasing, even on a trans-atlantic flight (remember those?). It’s literally a 7 second eye that looks like it took at least 20 minutes.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4.5: There is really nothing like this luminous, tinted formulation…I’ve covered it extensively since its launch a few years ago (time flies) and 4.5 is my best shade these days. I use it to prime the skin and/or atop makeup to add a bouncy, lit-from-within glow that makes skin look its absolute best.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light: I think the almost completely empty compact pictured below tells you how much I adore this bronzer. It warms the face without looking orange and finishes with a diffused glow that looks extra natural. Every time I wear this, someone asks me what bronzer I’m using!
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Another staple in my routine, I’ve gone through at least five tubes of this brow gel due to its ability to add volume, depth and all day hold to my brows
- Sisley-Paris Lip Liner in Beige Naturel: A warm brown nude with intense color payoff, this liner looks so good with lighter lipsticks (I used it with Jill Stuart Lip Blossom Shiny Satin 04 at the end of this story). It’s a permanent member of my makeup bag.
- Natasha Denona Natasha Lip Liner: I am easily halfway through this lip liner and will be purchasing a back up soon. The slightly mauve pink nude matches all lip color in my wardrobe and the creamy intensity feels hydrating and lasts all day. I paired it with Tom Ford Lip Color in Pretty Persuasive at the end of this post.
- Sisley-Paris The Radiance Brush: This weighty wooden brush detangles while adding a glorious shine to hair. I use it on Joey Elle and myself daily!
The following images reflective product in action…
// STYLE NOTES //
- Wendy Glez B. Babe Bra: This ultra comfortable bra top features cotton mesh on top for an edgy yet wearable energy and the soft lined cuts offer support. I love pairing it with high waisted pants (below) for a chic and sporty look. Use Rachelanise for 25% off.
- Free People Lounge Pants: I bought these a few months ago and wear them multiple times a week. They are high waisted, featherlight with pockets and a beautiful, flowing leg that feels refreshing in a sea of traditional leggings. I am wearing a medium but probably could have gotten away with a small due to the roomier cut.
- Adidas NMD_R1 Sneaker: I recently realized that a pair of black sneakers is essential when you have an almost three year old…Joey Elle likes to step on top of my shoes, especially when we’re in the kitchen together, so she can better see the countertops. Consequently, I searched for a pair that wouldn’t show the dirt and these gems do the job and more! The sizing is confusing as it’s both Male and Female combined but I ordered a 6 and it fits my 7-7 1/2 size feet perfectly. Oh, and I get constant complements on this color…because they are so comfortable, I may just pick up another pair.
- Wendy Glez High Waist Cinchers: When I need some extra structure and compression under a tighter dress, I reach for these clean and sustainably produced boy shorts as they hold everything in but feel lightweight and breathable. Use Rachelanise for 25% off.
- Black Ribbed Midi: Classic and timeless, this ribbed midi is a staple in my wardrobe. It’s the perfect base layer to accessorize and looks good in every occasion.
- Hypeach Saint Barts Yellow Blazer: I recently discovered this boutique and love its fresh basics with a twist. I sized up to a large in this beautifully crafted blazer (in a lovely shade of butter) for an oversized fit…I know I’ll be reaching for it a lot.
- Hypeach Eyelash Sage Knit Dress: I am wearing this gorgeous green dress in a medium; it has a mini cut and the material is thick and supportive enough to skip a bra.
- Hypeach Off-White and Gold Sneakers: The slight platform in these simple sneakers is a welcome surprise and the cream and gold color story blends so well with a wardrobe full of neutrals. I feel like they run a touch small…I sized up to a 7 1/2 and they fit like a glove.
- Vintage gold earrings by Afsaneh Taki Jewelry: This is one of my favorite jewelry lines of life. The pieces–handmade by Afsaneh herself–are so elevated yet timeless and she’s always releasing fresh designs. In summation, these golden earrings are an oversized 1960s dream.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this beauty breakdown for the Beautylish Gift Card Event…it was my joy to share a look at some favorite selections and I’d love to know what you’ll be picking up. Do tell!
Good things ahead, including a current skincare routine update, a fresh video tutorial and a host of new product procurements. Cannot wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**Press samples indicated by asterisk. As always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-21 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission