Happy Memorial Day weekend to you! For my readers in the US, let’s hold in remembrance the sacrifice of the servicemen and servicewomen who have selflessly given their lives for our collective freedom.
Today, I’m switching things up and I’m excited to share 15 Non-Makeup Items Worth the Splurge…from skincare and haircare to wellness and fragrance, these are essentials I use daily and recommend wholeheartedly. I also rounded up a few key sales for the holiday with a list of recommendations at the end of this post!
15 Non-Makeup Products Worth the Splurge
Kindly scroll on for the video, product images and swatches and the sales I’m shopping this weekend as well as the Bottom Line…
// THE VIDEO //
// THE PRODUCTS //
- *Bala Weighted Bangles
- *Sisley The Cream 230
- Agent Nateur Holi Mane (and for 15% off, use Agentrachel HERE)
- *Sleep and Glow Pillow: (get $10 off with code: beautyprofessor10)
- *ZIIP (Use BP20 for 20% off and for 20% off the conductive gels, use BPZIIPGEL)
- Augustinus Bader Discovery Duo
- *U Beauty Hydrator
- Apple Watch
- *Saint Jane The C Drops
- *City Beauty Ultra Firming Dry Oil
- Agent Nateur Holi Glow Ageless Eye Serum
- *MAKE Beauty Pre-Cleanse Fluid Makeup and SPF Removing Oil Cleanser
- *Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Cologne Forte
- Slip Silk Hair Ties
- *U Beauty Sculpt Arm Compound
// ON MY FACE //
Tom Ford Foundation Stick in Dune (reviewed HERE):
This is a classic and customizable base (sheer to full coverage!) that I reach for time and again throughout the year.
Buttery smooth and lush, #2 is a finely milled dream for my medium olive skin.
*Saint Blush in Frose (reviewed HERE):
This luminous cool baby pink is so fresh and easy and I’ve been wearing it nonstop. I use my *Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush to focus application on the apples of my cheeks.
This mascara has quickly become my new holy grail…clean ingredients, no smudging and a wildly dramatic false lash effect. I’m in love.
Au Naturale x BP Lip Color in LA (reviewed HERE):
All I’ve been wearing for weeks, I am so proud of this color and am grateful for the response to it! It has been selling like crazy and the feedback I’ve received from those of you who have bought it has warmed my heart beyond. Peachy pink nude lovers unite!
Huda Beauty Muted Pink (reviewed HERE):
I wear this liner multiple times a week…it’s creamy and long lasting and since it’s retractable, no need for a sharpener.
This gorgeous palette is brand new in my mix and I’m so thrilled to have it. Replete with an expanse of satin, matte and metallic finish shades in a warm and natural tones, this calming array of colors allows for maximum creativity and wearability. In sum, it’s another masterpiece from Natasha!
*Kosas Air Brow in Dark Brown (reviewed HERE):
Just a couple of coats and my brows are feathery, full, polished and in place for the duration of the day.
Silky and nourishing, this lip treatment fills in fine lines while adding intense moisture and subtle volume to the lips. So good.
I am already a major fan of the original clear version and this new baby pink glaze is simply lovely…I’ve been pairing it with a nude lip liner for shiny, full and plush lips.
I recently rediscovered this highlighter in my stash and am so glad I did as the tender champagne glow is utterly gorgeous. This French brand is slightly challenging to locate in the US and this particular powder is often sold out so I suggest snapping it up when you see it in stock. It’s finely milled, radiant without being shimmery and truly makes skin look lit from within.
This powder blends away imperfections without imparting the slightest hint of a powdery finish…equal parts paradoxical and magical!
Swatches in direct sunlight.
The following images reflect everything in action in afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES //
This Free People Zuma Set Black is a casual dressing dream. Consisting of a soft cotton knit button down (oversized in the very best way) and a pair of matching ribbed pull on shorts, this set is polished yet relaxed and can be worn in a myriad of ways (pair it with a crop top or sports bra for flirty versatility). It runs a touch a touch on the larger side and I am wearing a size medium which is perfect.
//WEEKEND SALES //
- au Naturale: Take 15% off with code SUMMER15. I suggest the brilliant foundation stick (my match is Mallorca, which is perfect for medium olive skin), the High Lustre Lip Gloss in Magnolia (the product that first made me fall in love with au Naturale years ago) and, of course, my LA lip color, which will be on my lips ALL summer.
- Beautylish: Up to 70% off this weekend only! I recommend the Natasha Denona Love Bundle, the Wayne Gloss Luxury Lipstick (Amaryllis is a favorite) and the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette in Pillow Talk.
- Frame: 25% off sale items (sale on sale for major savings)…I have my eye on the Mejuri Le Hollywood jeans, the Off Duty Tee and the pleated barrel leg pant.
- Nordstrom: The Half Yearly Sale is in full force and I suggest the Zella High Waist Pocket Leggings in Violet, Longchamp Le Pliage in Grey (I have two in black but this color is a fabulous update and the bag survives everything) and the Eileen Fisher Voice Wedge Sandal (SO comfortable!).
- Verishop: Warehouse sale, up to 80% off! I have my eye on this minty side-tie blazer, this ivory faux shearling coat (for a brisk weekend away) and this men’s denim shirt (which I will size up in for an oversized, timeless fit)
–Shop the Sales–
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I truly hope you enjoyed this discussion and would love to know what caught your eye…do tell.
Good things ahead, including a summer lip color feature, some of my favorite work out pieces, a haircare update and a host of new product procurements. Cannot wait to share!
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**Press samples indicated by asterisk. As always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-21 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.