- The Click You’re It! Holiday Eye Palette started an obsession! Check out Mama Fashionista’s top picks from Smashbox Cosmetics.
- Retrodiva has a holy grail alert! If you have oily skin and are tired of the “makeup slide” you will need to check out her new holy grail must-have.
- Glitter.Gloss.Garbage changes her mind about her favorite travel atomizer. It’s Flo and she’s giving one away!
- BlushingNoir has found the perfect Summer lip color in the MAC Beth Ditto Collection! BOOYAH!!!
- Blushing Basics shares her [awkward] style evolution with you. So she had a few-several-different hair colors, so what?
- You know you should wear some sort of sunblock every day, but so many people just won’t! Here are 10 effective alternatives to sun block for Summer, suggested by The Advice Sisters, that will save your skin without having to apply a traditional cream or lotion.
- If you are looking for the perfect sun-kissed blush- then Lola from Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog wants to share her love of Chi Chi Liquid Blush from Susan Thompson Cosmetics. It is a gorgeous must-have blush for the summer months!
- Want to win the latest from Suave Beauty? Curls N Pearls is giving away three sets of Everlasting Sunshine Body Wash & Lotion! Just leave a comment to enter!
- Harshleen from BeautyTidbits lists her top summer beauty picks. Check out the makeup products she’s totally hooked on right now!
- TheFabZilla was surprised to see “Made in China” label from tarte’s eyeshadow palette. Known to be cruelty-free, she asked the company regarding their no-animal testing policy. Read tarte’s response as they explain the difference between “made” and “sold” in China.
- Stephanie Louise of All Things Beautiful is showing off some fab Pacifica fragrances, all perfect for travel! From California Star Jasmine to Hawaiian Ruby Guava, something will definitely catch your fancy!
- Its that time again.. see what Geniabeme got in her June Little Black Bag! Theres lots of pictures of all her goodies!
- Phyrra is entrenched in an epic Battle of the Taupes! See which Taupe comes out on top!
- Marcia from Beauty Info Zone is also entrenched in the Battle of the Taupes. She and Phyrra didn’t pick the same taupe so come see what taupe comes out on top for her.
- Laura from My Newest Addiction shares photos and opinions on the Zoya Beach and Summer Pinterest Trio!
- Jessika from polish insomniac jumps into the Makeup Wars – Battle of the Taupe Shadows with her guns blazing – is her Wet n Wild shade a winner in your book?
- Freshly back from Palm Beach, the Beauty Professor shares swatches of ALL twelve shades of her latest foundation discovery from Le Metier de Beaute.
- Do you know how many Indie Polish Brands are out there? Gia of Bottles and Bottles of Polish found a list of 166 brands, with links included– see which ones you like, and support small businesses by rocking a fabulous manicure!
- The Makeup Wars have started! Several beauty bloggers are battling it out over who makes the best taupe eyeshadow. See what taupes that were sent to battle from Pammy Blogs Beauty’s makeup collection. These Makeup Wars girls love their taupes!
- Ro shows us how to achieve her simple summer makeup look on Creatively Yours by Ro.
- Zoya Isabel is a gorgeous shade of shimmery red…but what happens when it gets the doticure treatment?
- Happy Summer, everyone! Check out Anisha’s California sunset inspired look using Sugarpill eyeshadows. It’s fun, colorful, and oh-so-very wearable!
- Kim Porter is giving you the opportunity to win stylish Jamberry Nail Covers. These easy to apply, stylishly designed nail covers will keep your nails on-point all summer long!
- At Midnight Manicures, check out Water Marbling with Patricia and see this nail art technique at it’s best.
- Spontaneous Chic got to try out and and couldn’t wait to post an Armour Beauty review.
- The Big Reveal has finally come, says Emily Hudspeth! Part 3 or “The After” of the makeover series for this soon to be new mom is up! Now is time to show her as an “after”. Next up, her makeup lesson.
- The Crumpet and 5 other Super Brits have been doing a Superheroes and Villlains nail art challenge – check out her Wonder Woman nails here –
- Lynn at Oh So Lacquered does some nail art this week and reveals the inspiration behind a simple stripe accent nail.
- Beauty from Liz is excited, because Maxfactor decided to sell nailpolishes in Estonia. Of course she got Fantasy Fire, but what else, please read here.
- Check out Beauty and Fashion Tech’s MAC Satin Taupe and NARS Lhasa swatches and makeup look in the Makeup Wars Battle of the Taupes!
- Girl Gloss reviews Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lip Color.
- BeautyJudy found a mate for her bottle of French’s Spicy Brown mustard. Bye bye, hot dogs. No, seriously. Check out this indie polish!
- Cosmetically Challenged says summer doesn’t mean you can’t wear foundation! Tinted Moisturizers allow you stay beautiful and protect you from the sun.
- Get a bronzed glow without the sun damage. Enter to win Borghese Splendore Body Bronzer from Lipgloss Break!
- Mina finally found a natural bar soap she loves, head over to Fabulous Awesomeness to see what she thinks of Reviva Labs Seaweed Soap!
- The weather in Estonia is getting warmer and warmer and so Miss L from Beauty by Miss L decided to do a bright summery water marble mani.
- Want big hair with lots of oomph? Hello Dollface tries new BangStyle for voluminous hair.
- Nails Beautiqued is showing how nailart doesn’t have to be difficult. Nail Modes to the rescue!
- Perilously Pale has found her perfect pinky nude with Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani Beige.
Saturday, June 23, 2012
The Beauty Professor
The latest and the greatest from beauty bloggers all over! Enjoy your reading and have a lovely weekend! –The Beauty Professor
I'm your newest follower ! 🙂
Your blog is too cool!
I just followed, follow back? I followed on blogLuvin as well!
I'd really appreciate it <3
Thanks for the follows! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the blog : )
Have a wonderful week,
–The Beauty Professor
Hey! I just found you randomly on youtube! I messaged you a little bit ago about the Sunday Riley skincare line (I think I left it as anonymous bc I wasn't logged into my google account, I don't use it much). I am LOVING it so far. I haven't tried their makeup yet but after watching your video I want to try the twig eyeshadow. I also just ordered my first Rouge Bunny Rouge products from Zuneta! Coincidentally I ordered one of the same lipsticks you had in your video- the nude/pink one. I gravitate towards the same colors you do. I also ordered some eyeshadows, Ill let you know how they are! What do you do for a living? You mentioned your long hours and lecturing, are you a professor? I am a critical care nurse, working nights at the moment, so it's long brutal hours as well. The Sunday Riley line has helped my skin so much though. My skin would be so parched after a long night of working, now its so smooth and supple! I want to try some of their serums next, I was looking at # 1 or 2.
I am so glad you found me, J…thanks for the lovely comment! I am thrilled to hear that you are loving the Sunday Riley line…I couldn't be more pleased with how my skin is reacting to the products.
Twig is still one my eye shadow favorites (right up there with Giorigio Armani Eyes to Kill in #15). I am looking forward to combining it with Le Metier de Beaute's Magic Lustre Cream (slated to receive by mail this week!) to make it a cream shadow…I'll post on the outcome as soon as I get it!
Congrats on your Rouge Bunny Rouge order…did you get "The Plot Thickens" (creamy pale nude) or "Fluttering Sighs (more glossy and a bit darker)? I love them both. Let me know what you think about the formula (as well as that of the eye shadows)…I find it to be very nourishing for my often dry lips.
I am a professor indeed. I teach communication (public speaking, debate, interpersonal communication and journalism) to both college and high school audiences and love what I do. I always strive to discover makeup that is good for my skin, great for a polished, glowing and natural everyday look (you'll find very few "dramatic makeup looks" on this blog for that reason) and lasts a long time. On some days, I teach from 8 in the morning until 9:45 at night, so I need to use products that can handle those hours! I bet your job is equally demanding in terms of what your skin needs…
I would love to try the SR serums…especially Stimulant III (for sun damage etc.) but it is definitely an investment so I will focus on the products I do have in the meanwhile. Bionic is my new favorite and since the summer sun has hit Southern California, I don't step one pinky toe outside without a healthy dose of Cashmere SPF 30 slathered all over my face : ) Do you wear foundation? If so, what kind do you prefer?
Have a wonderful week and keep in touch!
–The Beauty Professor
Great post LOVE! Learned alot!
Glad you enjoyed it, Imani Love!
Have a wonderful week,
–The Beauty Professor
Wow great post!
Thanks, Kim! I checked your blog and it is lovely.
–The Beauty Professor