|Beautiful inside and out!
// SKINCARE + OTHER ESSENTIALS //
- *By Terry Cellularose Micellar Water (also available at Net-A-Porter): This nourshing water from one of my favorite lines masterfully cleanses and tones, leaving my skin super clean and ready to face the day.
- *TATCHA Balanced Pore Perfecting Water Gel: Akin to a refreshing dew, this liqui-gel is nontraditional moisturizer, excellently suited for those who abhor heavy creams. It absorbs instantly and tightens and refines pores while subtly illuminating skin with real 23k gold.
- *Antica Farmacista Fig Leaf Candle: Lighting a candle after a long day of lecturing is one of my indulgences but the scent has to be just right…too strong and I’m not relaxed but too light and it doesn’t make a difference. Enter this gem by Antica Farmacista: the sweetness of the lush fig is offset by an earthy element that’s both calming and uplifting for the best of both worlds.
- *Molton Brown Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise EDT: Up front, I must disclose that I am partial to all things anise-related as my middle name is Anise. That being said, this green floral is divinely fresh with intriguing notes of mandarin, white tea and ylang-ylang and, of course, lily of the valley and star anise…clean and pure, it’s a beautiful daily option.
- *By Terry Cellularose Dual Exfoliation Scrub (also available at Net-A-Porter): Extremely gentle yet effective, this scrub works best when applied to dry skin. After buffing the formula into my visage in a circular motion, I am left with extremely smooth and radiant skin each and every time I use it!
|One of the most lightweight moisturizers on the market.
|Lighting this candle puts me in full relaxation mode after a long day…fresh fig and warm earthy tones instantly emanate.
// BEAUTY //
|Chantecaille Mermaid Eye Color in Lagoon and Triton.
Chantecaille Mermaid Eye Color in Lagoon and Triton: I have had my eye on these for awhile and when I finally had the chance to swatch it, I was surprised that I was drawn to these two shades (cooler! greener!) over the warmer neutrals (my go-to hues) available. Densely packed into sleek and lightweight pots, the fragrance-free cream formula is pigmented (nearly full opacity in a single layer) and gossamer with a sophisticated satin finish that is luminous without being glittery.
Designed to be incredibly long-wearing, I get 6-7 hours of flawless, crease-free wear, even on my allergy-ridden (got to love pollen and grasses!) eyes. The creamy texture dries down to a color-fast powder that looks like second skin!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
|Swatches in direct sunlight with a flash.
|Legendary Lashes for a false fringe effect.
Freshly released and housed in a resplendent golden tube, the *Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Mascara mimics the look false lashes in two coats. The jet-black formula builds nicely on itself, dramatically extending the length and increasing the volume of lashes from root to tip. As long as I give it a few extra seconds to dry down (the formula is quite emollient upon application), I am able to get hours of flake-free and smudge-free wear and my fringe looks false in all the right ways.
|Sun Fabric #600.
Giorgio Armani Sun Fabric #600: Ever since catching a glimpse of this summertime launch online last month, I have diligently been hunting it down. Consistently sold out since its release, I was happy to stumble on some untapped stock that had just arrived in-store and swiftly snapped up two, one for me, one for my mom. It is the neutrality of this bronzer that makes it so alluring; the deep russet brown hue reminds me of the highly lauded yet discontinued Giorgio Armani Bronzer #1 (reviewed HERE), which was the perfect contour shade before the concept of contour aggressively infiltrated the Internet. This time around, however, the finely milled powder (embossed with mesmerizing striations that call to mind windblown sand in a vast desert) comes in a glossy, streamlined compact with a chamber for a brush applicator.
|Swatch in direct sunlight.
|Passion and Satin.
*Edward Bess Classic Beauty Lustrous Lip Color: Infinitely glossy and sublimely natural, these new lip colors from the venerable Edward Bess feature a smooth and glossy formula that is hydrating and luxurious. The shades are “my lips but better” hues that look classically beautiful and the minimalist packaging is iconic and streamlined. Passion is a warm medium peachy rose and Satin (my favorite…worn in the images at the end of this post) is a unique nude mauve that adds depth without getting too dark. Absolutely marvelous!
Become a Classic Beauty with a single swipe of this oh-so-creamy lip color specially designed to enhance your pout with timeless elegance. The magic melting formula applies effortlessly like your favorite lipstick and immediately turns into a high-gloss finish that delivers irresistible shine without ever feeling sticky. A rich, buttery texture nourishes and provides lasting hydration for all-day comfort and all-day gorgeous.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation in O40 (also also available at Saks and thoroughly reviewed HERE): I have been using this foundation a great deal lately as O40 is an excellent match for my mid-season transitional skin and the lasting power is impressive. I deeply appreciate how creamy and even toned this formula makes my skin. Natural looking and semi-matte for low-maintenance moments, this minimalist dream is an utterly worthy splurge for foundationphiles.
|Swatches of all five shades of the Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation in direct sunlight.
|Two coats of Armani #200 Sepia in direct sunlight.
Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer in #200 Sepia (full Armani Sepia Collection review HERE): A neutral, toasted tan, this creamy polish has opaque coverage and a gorgeous shine for a novel take on a nude nail…and the diminutive bottle is entirely handbag-friendly.
- Givenchy Oversized Sunglasses in Gold/Copper: I tried these on last month and have thought about them ever since. Consequently, I picked them up a couple weeks ago and couldn’t be happier. They are unique yet classic with a lightweight frame that feels like nothing on the face. They are especially great for those of us who struggle with glasses that slide down the nose and the delicate details make them well worth the investment!
What has caught YOUR eye? Do tell ; )
Good things ahead, including a fresh video, an overview of the latest from Becca (check out my Instagram for an initial peek) and a Sisley Paris beauty intensive as well as a host of new product procurements! It’s a crazy week but I am also in the midst of responding to your latest batch of comments and emails…thanks, as always, for your patience.
–The Beauty Professor