Sometimes, a beauty product is executed with such elan that it is immediately integrated into one’s routine; such is the case for the By Terry Sun Designer Palettes (currently available for pre-order at Space.NK and to be available at online at Barney’s NY and Beautylish any day now). They only arrived on my doorstep yesterday and yet, a little over 24 hours later, I can hardly imagine life without them. Hyperbolic as that may sound, these palettes, each brimming over with six versatile, endlessly flattering face shades, are the absolute best of the venerable By Terry line; richly pigmented, velvety smooth and utterly effortless to apply, believe me when I say that your face has been waiting for them!
- A raspberry pink blush
- A warm coral blush
- A cool baby pink-meets-lilac blush
- A velvety bone beige highighter (no obvious shimmer)
- A lush brown tan bronzer/contour
- A soft, light rosy tan bronzer/blush
|A closeup of the Tan Flash Cruise blush portion.|
|Swatches of Tan Flash Cruise in direct sunlight.|
|More swatches…the color payoff and consistency is remarkable, no?|
- A radiant, shimmering champagne bronze (my absolute favorite)
- A muted, light neutral pink blush tone (with impressive pigmentation)
- A subtle, shimmering beige for accent
- A matte bone beige highlighter
- A light, rosy tan enhancing shade
- A warm, medium tan bronzer/contour
|A closeup of the bronzer portion of Light Tan Vibes.|
|A closeup of the blush portion of Light Tan Vibes.|
|Swatches of Light Tan Vibes in dirct sunlight.|
|Additional swatches of 02 Light Tan Vibes in direct sunlight.|
|Both palettes…works of art with next-level face-enhancing capabilities.|
|By Terry and Surratt Beauty paradise.|
- *By Terry Light-Expert Click Brush Foundation in #5 (reviewed HERE)
- *By Terry Colour Design Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed HERE): I focused on applying the two warmer shades on the right side of the bottom row and punctuated them with dash of the ultra violet shade, blended along my lower lash line.
- I used my *Surratt Beauty Artistique Sculpting Brush (reviewed HER)E to apply the tan shades from the By Terry Sun Designer Palette 02 Light Tan Vibes Palette as a gentle contour and a bit of the coral blush and highlighting shade from the By Terry Sun Designer 01 Tan Flash Cruise to the apples of my cheeks and along the high points of my face.
- By Terry Terrybly Shimmer Lipstick in Love Me Tender for a delicate and glowing apricot pout. The *By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm in 02 Innocent Kiss (swatched and reviewed HERE) is very similar in tone and finish as well!
- By Terry Limited Edition Nail Lacquer in Goutte de Mercure (reviewed HERE)
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The By Terry Terrybly Shimmer Lipstick in Love Me Tender.|
|A single coat of the By Terry Limited Edition Nail Lacquer in Goutte de Mercure; this polish is extremely versatile…I treat it like a neutral and it lasts forever on the nails…so chic!|
- Spendid black turtleneck
- Equipment France Sloane Cashmere Sweater
- Rag & Bone Dre Boyfriend Jeans (also worn HERE and HERE)
- Sorel Joan of Arctic Waterproof Wedge Bootie (also available HERE and reviewed HERE)
- Rain poncho from Rain-Wave (currently unavailable but similar one HERE)
|Above: Last look.|
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this preview of the audaciously stunning By Terry Sun Designer Palettes (currently available for pre-order at Space.NK and to be available at online at Barney’s NY and Beautylish any day now); I, for one, am truly blown away by their beauty, utility and ease of application and am confident that I will be reaching for either or both of these gems constantly in the coming months!
Which By Terry Sun Designer Palette has caught YOUR eye? Do tell.
Good things ahead, including a fresh FOTD, a foundation-intensive, my take on the Pantone Colors of the Year and a recap of Neiman Marcus Project Beauty. So much to share on all fronts!
Have a marvelous mid-week…xx,
–The Beauty Professor