|Skincare + Haircare.|
- *First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser: This fluffy foaming formula gently cleanses my skin without stripping…it’s gentle yet effective.
- *Agustinus Bader The Rich Cream (reviewed HERE): I am on my second bottle of this future classic and simply cannot get enough. A single pump in the morning is all I’ve been applying to moisturize and the bouncy and hydrated texture that results continues to make me a believer in this innovative formula. Let’s put it this way, my dermatologist recently asked me what I was using for moisturizer and, when I told her, she promptly asked me to text her a link to this cream…it’s truly special.
- *Sunday Riley Good Genes (originally reviewed HERE): After a few years without it, I have now revisited this lactic-acid formula with a cult following, applying a single pump at night before bed. It gently exfoliates (read: no redness, flaking or irritation) and I wake up with the closest this adult can have to baby skin each and every morning.
- *Philosophy Pure Grace Endless Summer Firming Body Lotion: New in my body care routine, this lotion boasts delightful tropical notes while bathing my skin in hydration. I am totally addicted to applying it to my limbs post-shower and hope it has the power to extend the summertime just a little bit longer.
- *Hair Rituel by Sisley Voluming Spray (also available at Neiman Marcus and haircare line reviewed HERE): Infused with the same intoxicating fragrance found in the entire Hair Rituel line (seriously, it’s like the best perfume), this volumizing spray can be applied to wet hair or dry (fabulous as a mid-day refresher) to add texture, fullness and pronounced volume while mitigating the frizziness that oft-comes with summertime humidity. My hair is stick straight and just a few sprays of this magical elixir gives it lift and fullness (see proof in the images at the end of this post!) that I previously could only accomplish through heat styling. Simply divine!
Texture & Density supports the hair from the roots and provides the look of increased texture and volume for a long-lasting lifting effect. Deliciously scents hair. Light texture that doesn’t leave hair sticky. Humidity resistant.
How to Use:
On damp hair, before drying or styling, hold 8 inches away and spray on the top, back and each side of the head, lifting the hair. Can also be applied to touch up dry hair. Do not rinse.
|*Hair Ritual by Sisley Voluming Spray|
|*Kosas Tinted Face Oil|
02 – Fair with neutral undertones
03 – Light with neutral undertones
04 – Medium with warm undertones
05 – Tan with warm undertones
06 – Tan with olive undertones
07 – Deep tan with neutral undertones
08 – Deep with warm undertones
09 – Deep dark with mauve undertones
10 – Ultra deep with neutral undertones
|Medium skin tone swatches of the *Kosas Tinted Face Oil in direct sunlight…#6 is a befitting match for medium skin with olive undertones.|
|Introducing the *Sisley-Paris Stylo Lumiere (also available at Neiman Marcus)|
- 01 Pearly Rose
- 02 Peach Rose
- 03 Soft Beige (my best match)
- 04 Golden Beige
Stylo Lumière is a highlighter pen that boosts the complexion’s radiance. It diminished the look of shadowy areas, refreshes, illuminates the eyes and visibly smoothes wrinkles and fine lines. The combination of pigments and soft focus agents illuminates the complexion and conceals imperfections with a sheer look.
“Specular Light” pigments were specifically selected for their ultra luminous properties. True accumulators of light, these new pigments have a refractive effect like that of diamond. Enriched with beauty-enhancing skin care ingredients – Acai extract, Golden Apple tree extract, Oat seeds and White Lily extractStylo Lumière reinforces day after day the complexion’s brightness, radiance, look of youth. The fine, fresh and light texture softly glides on the skin to ensure a perfect hold.
Stylo Lumière is available in 4 fresh and luminous shades for a “no make-up” make-up result.
How to Use:
Twist the base to infuse the cushion with the product, then apply to areas for brightening, then blend with a light tapping motion.
Can be reapplied throughout the day without adding heaviness or ‘caking’ to the skin.
Can be Applied:
- Alone on bare skin.
- Before foundation to visibly smooth wrinkles and fine lines and to refresh.
- After foundation to brighten shadowy areas.
|The *Sisley-Paris Stylo Lumiere (also available at Neiman Marcus) has a sponge tip that enables smooth and precise application and blendablity.|
|Swatches of the in *Sisley-Paris Stylo Lumiere soft sunlight.|
|The complete look.|
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter #4 (reviewed HERE): Just a few swipes on my face to gently prime the skin, I am almost finished with my first bottle. It’s that good…and shade 4, which will work for medium skin and is constantly sold out at most retailers, is currently available on the Charlotte Tilbury site.
- *Kosas Tinted Face Oil #6: Just a few drops of this innovative foundation creates fresh medium coverage and a glowing, demi-matte finish that lasts the entire day. #6 is wonderful for my medium skin with subtle olive undertones.
- BY TERRY Sun Designer #6 Happy Sun (reviewed HERE): I applied the top two shades on the right side of the palette as a muted contour along the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face. Due to its utilitarian nature, I urge you to get this LE gem while you still can. You won’t regret it!
- *Kosas Pressed Blush and Highlight in Contrachroma: This peachy tan blush resides side-by-side with a warm highlighter for ethereal sculpting in seconds. I applied a mix of both shades on the apples of my cheeks for a healthy flush.
- *Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder in Glow: Last week, I went to the Los Angeles launch for this powder and this week, I cannot stop using it! The finely milled formula sets makeup with ease while imparting a tender glow that make skin look glowy yet matte and perfected yet natural (paradoxical, I know). For an even better look at it in action, see this recent Instagram post. This powder is well worth the pursuit!
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut (reviewed HERE): Two coats on my brows adds feathery depth and color and sets them all day.
- *Hourglass Use Caution Mascara (reviewed HERE): Lately, I am consistently impressed with this new mascara launch…it builds depth, intense volume and notable length in a couple of coats. It resists smudging and flaking and performs like a champ…love it.
- *Kosas Weightless Lip Color in Rosewater (also available at Neiman Marcus): I was instantly drawn to this “my lips but better” natural pink and am smitten with its buildable texture and hydrating formula. I can imagine this particular shade being a major hit with a spectrum of lip color lovers.
|Swatches in soft sunlight.|
|*Kosas Weightless Lip Color|
|Swatches of the *Kosas Weightless Lip Color (also available at Neiman Marcus) in afternoon sunlight.|
|Johannah Elle resting in her Fisher Price Rock n Play (a sweet and invaluable gift from my friends at Clé de Peau Beauté) while I shot this story at home.|
|The eye look.|
- Lorena Canals Kaarol Rug: I purchased this run late last month and am in love with its slightly colorful styling and cotton composition…this brightens our neutral cream-focused living room can be thrown into the washing machine and dryer with ease. Simply brilliant!
- Off-black distressed tee: Slightly deconstructed and super soft, this tee shirt can effortlessly be dressed up or down…I wear it a couple times a week.
- Yellow pants: I am huge fan of this particular tone of yellow and picked up these relaxed pants at the start of summer. Although they are sold out, I found similar options more appropriate for the impending fall including this lightly striped pair, this slimmer pair, this sporty pair and this dressy pair.
- Gold hoops: A lifetime daily staple.