|Above: Curated products for a light base + dark lip.|
|Above: Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Earthy Blush has rightfully earned its cult status amongst beauty lovers.|
- Shu Uemura The Lightbulb Oleo-Pact Foundation in #564 Light Medium Sand (reviewed HERE): This cream foundation is fast becoming a favorite…ultra smooth medium coverage, a slightly glowing lasting finish and the most natural fusion with skin that one could hope for, I am so glad I took a chance and ordered this sight unseen. #546 Light Medium Sand is excellent for NC 23-25 skin.
- By Terry Densiliss Concealer #3 Natural Beige (reviewed HERE): Since mentioning this divine concealer last month (all shades swatched HERE), I have received countless emails and comments from readers who love this dark circle banishing formula as much as I do. The gorgeous coverage blends like a dream and doesn’t crease, even on insanely long days! I can wear #3 and #4 but #3 works best with my slightly lighter foundation choice.
- Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Earthy Blush: This cult favorite has found a permanent place in my contour/bronzer rotation. The finely milled, shimmer less powder buffs into skin for an imperceptible finish and the slightly rosy brown adds stunning dimension and warmth to the face without depositing too much color…I run it along the hollows of my cheeks, down the bridge of my nose, along my upper forehead and across the lower lines of my jaw for ultra-natural definition. I will never be without this gem from this point forth.
- Le Metier de Beaute True Color Eyeshadow in Alexandrite (reviewed HERE): The wine-meets-purple hybrid is wildly pretty. I prefer to build it up along my upper lid and run a touch along my lower lash line for a subtly intense look. Buffing a lighter shade (see below) from the lid to the brow line tempers the potential drama of the rich shade, allowing it to be unquestionably suitable for daytime.
- Burberry Beauty Sheer Eyeshadow in #26 Gold Pearl: Soft as silk and very pigmented, this pale golden shade has only the slightest amount of shimmer…it truly is a creamy gold that brightens up the eye without employing obvious gleam. I love using it along my brow bone to diffuse darker shades and am marvelously impressed with the luxe texture of the Burberry eyeshadows!
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite mascaras of all times, two coats build lush volume and enviable length and the stalwart formula does not flake or budge…one my third tube, this always in my makeup bag.
- Surratt Beauty Lipslique in Eglantine (also swatched HERE): I adore the Lipslique formula and ventured out of my comfort zone with this deep rosy shade. A harmonious blend of blush, red, brown and wine, this pigmented hue is simultaneously bold and subdued. As a rule, Lipsliques are moisturizing with a slightly shiny finish and the light, semi-sheer texture allows for an unprecedented ease of application, even with the deeper shades. Eglantine is “dark” without being “too dark,” and I appreciate its transformative powers…it allows the wearer to feel chic in a carefree, I’m not trying too hard kind of way. Highly recommended!
- Cozzette Rounded Blush Brush S130 (reviewed HERE): Fluffy and dense, this applies contour with ease. It is such a lovely brush and I find myself grabbing for it often.
- Tom Ford Velvet Orchid Fragrance (reviewed HERE): I love the creamy, musky floral goodness of this fragrance and find it works best in cooler weather…it lifts the spirits while adding an element of mystery. Have you tried it?
|Above: Surratt Beauty Lipslique in Eglantine is the perfect blend of blush, red and brown for a juicy, flushed lip.|
|Above: Eglantine alone on the lips.|
|Above: Swatches of all products in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: My favorite window view in the world…Fairmont Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA.|
|Above: Outdoors, no flash.|
|Above: Window shot.|
|Above: Outdoors, no flash.|
|Above: Indoors, with a flash.|
|Above: Outdoors, direct sunlight, with a flash.|
|Above: Outdoor lighting with a flash.|
|Above: Outdoor lighting without a flash.|
|Above: Family portrait ; )|