|Skincare + Haircare.|
- Liftlab Purify + Clarify (not pictured but reviewed HERE): I’ve been using this cleanser for nearly three years and am still smitten with its creamy lather and light exfoliating power. It removes every last trace of even the most pernicious makeup and when left one for a minute or two, the formula transforms into a detoxifying mask for even deeper cleansing.
- *SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (not pictured but reviewed HERE): I have gone through bottles of this cult favorite and am consistently impressed with how it smooths, brightens and clarifies my skin. It effortlessly and effectively integrates into an existing skincare routine and is my absolutely favorite from the SK-II line.
- *Mila Moursi pH Balancing Toner (reviewed HERE): One spritz virtually “re-sets” my sensitive skin, encouraging balance and making it more receptive to the skincare that follows.
- *Mila Moursi Double Action Serum (reviewed HERE): I never want to be without this anti-aging serum; without fail, it brightens, lifts and refines my skin overnight. As soon as I press “publish” on this post, I’ll be applying two pumps and hopping into bed ; )
- *Sisley-Paris Double Tenseur (reviewed HERE): I love how this clear primer tightens and firms skin while masterfully extending the wear of my foundation.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (not pictured but reviewed HERE): Always in my routine, this lightly tinted moisturizer, illuminator and SPF is one my skin daily. No matter what.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Eye Lift (reviewed HERE): This is the eye cream I recommend on a weekly basis to anyone who asks; my mom and I both adore it for its ability to fight under eye darkness, moisturize the delicate orbital area and contribute to a more lifted appearance overall.
- *ViaBuff: Tiny but mighty, this modern take on the loofah boasts a vast surface area for heightened efficacy and it’s machine washable to keep bacteria at bay. My skin looks smoother and brighter with every use.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Vital ET Recovery Boost Body (reviewed HERE): My post-shower ritual, this potent cream fights environmental damage while imparting restorative moisture and balance to my skin. One application and my skin literally glows!
- *Miracle Body Transformer Tinted Beauty Balm (reviewed HERE): One pump on my legs adds moisture, evenness, radiance and SPF; it’s a perfect trifecta for shorts and skirts moments.
- *Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Mist (reviewed HERE): Even though the temperatures have dropped, I still keep a bottle of this sunless tanner at arm’s reach as it always makes my limbs look better; additionally, the quick-drying, sheer formula is mistake-proof and application can be layered for a deeper glow.
- *Illumai Travel Haircare Set (brand reviewed HERE): One of the most unique haircare lines I’ve tried to date, this clever set features travels sizes of the Illumai best sellers. The science behind this line is fascinating; the formulas only have 7 ingredients and the innovative combination synergistically cleanses hair and restores shine without stripping. My hair feels stronger and looks glossier each time I integrate Illumai into my haircare rotation.
- *Pulleez Hair Tie (also available at Pulleez): These hair ties have a novel pulley system that adds decorative flair while staying in place (no slippage whatsoever!). I love the gold and black version for a classic take on a basic ponytail.
- Byredo Mojave Ghost Hair Perfume (reviewed HERE): I am over the moon for Mojave Ghost and the fact that I can capture its essence and channel it into my hair (albeit, with a lighter silage) makes me infinitely happy. Apropos as a touch up before heading out for the evening, it is more subtle than traditional fragrance but every bit as alluring.
- *This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray: Sometimes it’s difficult to drift off to sleep in a new environment but one spritz of this pillow spray and I am catching zzz’s like crazy. The all natural aromatherapy action is effective at encouraging a restful sleep without the side effects of a traditional sleeping aid.
|Base + Face.|
- *Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Foundation Wand #9 (reviewed HERE): Foundation that consistently looks like really good skin? Yes, please! This formula can be applied sheerly and built up to medium-full coverage while still appearing nearly invisible on one’s visage. In a vast range of shades (swatched HERE), you are sure to find a perfect match.
- *Tom Ford Waterproof Foundation/Concealer in Natural (reviewed HERE): One of my new favorite foundations of the year (sharing that spot with the Surratt above), this full coverage formula offers intense pigmentation and a truly waterproof finish that performs masterfully in heat, humidity and even rain. I have swatches of every shade HERE.
- *Tom Ford Shimmer Shot in Spin Spin Sugar (reviewed HERE): I enjoy mixing a pump of this gorgeous golden champagne highlighter into the TF foundation for a glowing natural satin finish that radiates skin without looking shimmery. The combination keeps the complexion fresh for hours on end.
- La Mer Concealer in Medium (reviewed HERE): This pale beige (quite light for a “medium” shade in my opinion, is a perfect companion for my under eye region, brightening darkness while cancelling out discoloration.
- *BlendSmart Foundation Brush: I’ve been experimenting with this intriguing brush for the past couple of months and am impressed by how well it seamlessly blends foundation (even full coverage formulas) into the skin. The genius spinning head takes all of the work out of the buffing and blending process…I love the age of automation, don’t you?
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- By Terry Sun Designer #2 (reviewed HERE): The satisfying, serious “hitting of pan” illustrated in the picture above is a testament to how much I adore this bronzer, blush and highlighter palette. I use the true light brown shades as a contour/bronzer and the blush side for a quick pink cheek. I recently purchased a backup, which I’ll be using soon!
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Blushes in Barbe A Papa, Cherubique + Coupe de Geie (reviewed HERE): This trio of luminous cheek shades are distinctly beautiful blush and highlighter options; silky and gossamer in nature, they make the cheek look “lit from within.”
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlighting Brush: Insanely soft, this luxurious brush works well to blend my cheek shades and, consequently, is always in my makeup bag.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The full face.|
|For the eyes.|
- Tom Ford Eye Shadow Duo in Golden Peach (reviewed HERE): Without question, my most prized eyeshadow (I have two on backup), this cream and powder duo never ceases to impress me. It brightens the eye with a flattering veil of peachy pink golden goodness and I get asked about it at least once daily when I choose to wear it (which is quite often). I implore you to try this while you still can.
- *Touch in Sol Metallist in Margaret (reviewed HERE): Perhaps my favorite shade in the 5-color lineup, this warm copper pairing imparts immense foil and sparkle results without being over the top…I’ll be wearing it to a Christmas party this weekend.
- *MustaeV Eyeshadow in Julep (reviewed HERE): This pink-meets-rust shade works well to punctuate an otherwise neutral eye; the finely milled formula resists creasing and has magnificent color payoff.
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow in Taupe (reviewed HERE): Still my brow go-to on the daily, this brilliant formula adds color, volume, polish and hold to brows and stays put for hours.
- *Rodial Liquid Eyeliner (reviewed HERE): I use this fine-tipped liner, which doesn’t smear or migrate, to deepen my upper water line, which makes eyes pop without obvious lines.
- *L’Oreal Voluminous Feline Noir Mascara: This ultra-black mascara extends lashes and imparts immense volume; I love it’s affordability and results!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Tom Ford Golden Peach on the eyes…it is my unequivocal favorite for a full, crease-free eye in seconds. Armani Ecstasy Lacquer #507 on the lips.|
|For the lips.|
- Smith & Cult The Tainted Lip Stain Matte in Tiny Kissing Flowers: This creamy matte lip color has had a permanent place in my handbag as of late. With a moisturizing finish and major color payoff, the rich nude works with everything. Oh, and it smells vaguely of chocolate!
- *Giorgio Armani Lip Magnets #300 + #503 (reviewed HERE): A jolt of color with a weightless texture, I like to have a rosy nude (#503) and bold coral (#300) for moments when drama is required.
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naked (reviewed HERE): I am on my third tube of this lip gloss. The champagne beige hue looks amazing over lip liner while adding extra dimension to existing lip color; it’s been a favorite for years.
- *Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in #507 Night Light (not pictured but reviewed HERE): Impressively edging into holy grail status (I just purchased a back up), this gleaming baby pink gloss is equal parts stain and translucent color; it’s chic and timeless and compliments a host of beauty looks.
|The view from our window at the Fairmont San Francisco.|
|Black Friday shopping day in Union Square.|
- Strom Tio Skinny Jeans
- Madewell Whisper Cotton Turtleneck Top
- Topshop Kane Faux Fur Green Bomber Jacket
- Gucci Liza Bootie
- Gold Lariat Necklace
|After the storm.|
|At the base of the Golden Gate. Vertigo!|
- Camel Coat (additional option at lower price point HERE)
- Silk Blouse (currently on sale!)
- Zella Live In High Waist Leggings
- Nike Dunk Sky High Sneaker
|Palace of Fine Arts.|
|The new Tony Bennett statue at the Fairmont San Francisco.|
|With Jethro before checking out of our hotel and heading home.|