|New launches galore.
// THE PRODUCTS // A combination of new launches and tested favorites work together to create the quintessential spring look found at the end of this post.
- *Sente Exfoliating Cleanser: This AHA rich cleanser gently encourages cell turnover without irritation for smoother, brighter skin with each wash. I’ve been using this twice a week and my skin seems to really love the fragrance-free formula.
- *Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment: This Australian brand has been on my radar for awhile and I am very impressed with both of the products (a mask and a treatment…discussed here) in the lineup. Designed to refine pores and softly mattify, it virtually resets skin ravaged by the stresses of a long week.
- *Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Watery Oil: Equal parts oil, serum and toner, this cutting-edge formula employs the regenerating properties of black bee honey and myrrh to hydrate and balance while delivering a stunning smoothness and bounce to the skin.
- *Lancer Dani Skin Perfector (reviewed HERE): Two pumps of this skincare-infused primer add moisture and an ethereal glow that plays so well with foundation.
- *Sisley-Paris Hair Ritual Protective Hair Fluid: In light of the sunny summer months ahead, this lightweight hair treatment (which smells amazing, I might add) launched at the perfect time! The UVA and UVB filters protect hair from the damaging effects of sun, sea and chlorine without weighing it down. Consequently, this will be my mane’s main companion this season and the next.
- *Kosasport Lip Fuel in Baseline: Brimming with hyaluronic acid, this plush lip balm–which moisturizes mightily with a soft matte finish–comes in an innovative sleek case that is apropos for absolutely everyones’ pockets.
- *Sol de Janeiro Glowmotions in Rio Sunset Glow Oil: Indulgently fragranced, surprisingly weightless and subtly pigmented, this shimmering champagne-toned oil illuminates the body and face and, once set, does not transfer. When I apply it to my décolleté, arms and legs, I feel like I’ve just returned from a tropical vacation.
- *Aerin Aegea Blossom (also available at Neiman Marcus): I was honored to be able to attend a dinner last week for the launch of this resplendent new fragrance with Aerin Lauder herself. She vividly described the vision behind the juice–inspired by the coast of Italy and its profusion of blue water, sunlight and flowers, this fragrance successfully transports the wearer to this particular locale in a single spritz. The notes of bergamot, orange flower and sandalwood are collectively reflective of the unbridled elegance we’ve come to expect from the exquisite Aerin line.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation #6 (reviewed HERE): I have raved about this foundation formula for the past month and a half and recently picked up shade #6, which I find is slightly more neutral to olive than the peachy-toned 6.5 I’ve had on heavy rotation. Buildable medium to full coverage with a genius skin finish, I cannot recommend this foundation enough.
- Tom Ford Terra Bronzer: Recently reformulated and notably silkier than its predecessor, this true brown tan shade gently sculpts the face while adding a beautiful warmth. More on this new collection forthcoming!
- *Sisley-Paris L’Orichidee Corail: Form and function breathtakingly collide in this iconic highlighting blush with a radiant coral effect. The three layers of complimentary tones–glowing peach, delicate apricot and rich coral–harmonize to create the prettiest flushed cheek. It’s seriously like a technicolor Doris Day movie brought to life! I have a major affinity for all three color offerings in the L’Orchidee family but Corail is, without question, my favorite and should be at the top of Mother’s Day wishlists far and wide.
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Cheek Brush: This makes an appearance in nearly every single blog post…I think you know how much I adore it it’s utility and performance.
- *Koh Gen Do Brightening Moisture Powder: This decadent swirl of brightening beige and luminous pearl powders is translucent (thereby excellent for all skin tones) can be used to set makeup, touch up mid-day and illuminate the complexion, all the while achieving such objectives without the slightest hint of a powdery finish. How does Koh Gen Do do it?!
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in African Violet (reviewed HERE): Not new but still a fresh addition to my routine, this opulent palette features radiant violet pink, shimmering beige sand, rich bronze and creamy papaya shadows for vibrant eyes that can be easily customized for day or night. One of my most beloved Tom Ford palettes to date.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut (reviewed HERE): My favorite brow gel ever, I get full, feathery and defined arches in mere seconds…it’s simply the best!
- BY TERRY Lash-Expert Mascara (reviewed HERE): I reach for this brilliant mascara formula multiple times a week; two coats add instant volume and length that masterfully stays in place until I wash it off. Have you yet tried it?
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Freeze in #204 Nuda: I bought this newer shade after catching a glimpse of it online and am so glad I tracked it down! The Freeze formula has a higher dose of white pigment that creates an ultra flattering pastel effect on the lips; Nuda is a creamy, rosy peach hue with excellent color payoff while maintaining a unique softness. So good.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Rouge #11: Ever a favorite, this peachy nude gloss-meets-liquid lip color-meets stain requires a regular revisit…it wears flawlessly and compliments a spectrum of skin tones. Try it and you’ll see exactly what I mean.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
|Sunlit style and substance.
|*Aerin Aegea Blossom (also available at Neiman Marcus)
|The resplendent *Sisley-Paris L’Orichidee Corail
|*Sisley-Paris L’Orichidee Corail
|Pure brown tan (read: no orange tones whatsoever)…the Tom Ford Terra Bronzer
|Giorgio Armani Maestro Freeze in #204 Nuda and Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Rouge #11:
|Eye essentials…I have gone through more tubes of Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut (reviewed HERE) and BY TERRY Lash-Expert Mascara (reviewed HERE) that I can count!
|The beauty that is Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in African Violet (reviewed HERE).
|My photography companion…always smiling in her Baby Zen Yoyo.
|A rosy peach lip via Giorgio Armani Maestro Freeze in #204 Nuda and Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Rouge #11.
|The eye look, featuring Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in African Violet (reviewed HERE)
- Cream sweatshirt: There’s something so effortless about a cream-toned pull over. I found similar additional options HERE and HERE.
- Long denim shorts: I am excited this silhouette has finally become available on a more mainstream scale…don’t get me wrong, I love short(ish) shorts, but the longer lines of this bermuda-esque version is next-level comfort. Additional options HERE and HERE.
- Shell earrings: Integrate the seaside into your aesthetic with whimsical shell accents…additional options HERE and HERE.
- *Wooden bag: Intriguing form meets impressive function.
–Shop the Post–
Also, I was excited to be re-featured in the venerable Beauty Independent publication…the full article–which takes a deep dive into my writing process and perspective on the beauty industry–can be found HERE and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for new content every single day.
Good things ahead, including a fresh get-ready-with-me video tutorial, my picks from the Tom Ford Soleil 2019 Collection, an on-location beauty story and a brand new luxury foundation launch that you are going to LOVE…cannot wait to share!
xx and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor