|I love taking off from LAX…we always fly over the ocean before making a major turn, providing a gorgeous view of the Pacific.
- Michi Leggings: I adore an interesting pair of leggings and this pair from Michi does not disappoint; they form to the body and effortlessly maintain their shape, even after a 12-hour day.
- Long Cashmere Cardigan: I have a long cardigan in every neutral shade–gray, black and nude–and they are always on heavy rotation.
- Men’s white v-neck tee: Purchased in a three pack, this trio of 100% cotton tees is so versatile.
- Adidas Stan Smith Tennis Shoes (currently on sale!): Undeniably timeless, this comfortable sneaker is constantly within reach and looks good with pants and dresses alike; I also love that my dad wore them for most of my childhood.
|Stan Smith on the feet, Jethro under the seat in front of me…ready for take off.
|A glimpse at the Rockies from 30,000…majestic, no?
|In flight options.
- Eye cream is essential, especially with early morning eyes that are headed into a semi-arid environment; I am loving the *BABOR Ultimate Perfecting Eye Cream. The fascinating, air tight packaging features cooling roller ball applicator and the formula itself masterfully combats puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. My eyes are left brighter and markedly more moisturized with a single application.
- For skin, the *Sisley-Paris Double Tenseur (reviewed HERE) lifts and tightens the skin on contact and keeps my makeup feeling fresh all day. It can also strategically be used atop makeup for additional tightening benefits.
- For lips, I make sure to have a spectrum of balm options at my disposal. The *BABOR Lip Repair Balm is particularly dreamy; infused with Argan Oil, this lightweight formula envelopes lips in moisture and preps them for additional lip color. It has an ultra-subtle vanilla aroma and feels sensational. I am also having a bit of fun with the new *Lipstick Queen Mornin’ Sunshine lipstick. The sheer formula offers a moisturizing veil that may look yellow in the bullet, but transforms to a delicate pinky coral on the lips (worn in some of the images at the end of this story). The Maybelline Baby Lips Glow in My Pink is another excellent “apply without a mirror” option. In my experience more hydrating than the traditional Baby Lips, it works with one’s pH levels to develop into a soft pink hue.
- *SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE): I always give my skin a spritz of this Pitera-enriched spray right before landing; it revitalizes my skin and makes my makeup look fresher than it actually is.
- Finally, I always apply a spritz of *Byredo Mojave Ghost (love that this now comes in a perfumed oil roll-on option, too) which is just about as close to my signature scent as one fragrance can be. Unique and mysterious without being overwhelming in close quarters, it’s all at once soothing and mood-lifting.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
- *Gucci Lustrous Glow Foundation 080 (reviewed HERE): A nearly weightless foundation option with strong longevity and light-medium coverage, this formula doesn’t look cakey and lets my skin breathe.
- *Jenny Patinkin Petites Brush Set (reviewed HERE): Five diminutive brushes that travel like a dream and get the job done…always in my personal carryon.
- *By Terry Sun Designer Palette #04 Savannah Love (reviewed HERE): I am smitten by the latest from By Terry; with a host of bronzing and blush options, this palette is extremely versatile.
- *Kevyn Aucion Neo-Limelight Palette (reviewed HERE): For a lilac-inspired glow, this palette–which can also be worn on the cheeks as a unique blush tone–is spectacular, especially on the high points of the face.
- *Nude Envie Lipsticks in Cool and Mesmerize (reviewed HERE): Now available at Barney’s NY, these creamy nude gems hydrate while imparting a gorgeous veil of color. Cool is a mauve-toned pink and Mesmerize (also worn at the end of this story) is a lush peachy pink.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Haute Metals Palettes in Cool and Warm: These brand new palettes are everything one could hope for in a streamlined five shade compact. The Cool palette features a range of wearable green hues–brilliantly apropos for spring–while the Warm palette offers a lovely spectrum of neutrals in matte and satin formulas for seemingly endless potential. Finely milled with excellent color payoff, both of these LE wonders (extensively swatched below) are worth pursuing.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
|The Le Metier de Beaute Haute Metals Palettes in Cool and Warm.
|Swatches of the Le Metier de Beaute Haute Metals Palette in Cool.
|Cool on the eyes.
|Cool in direct sunlight.
|Swatches of the Le Metier de Beaute Haute Metals Palette in Warm.
|Warm on the eyes.
|Warm in direct sunlight.
|Welcome home…LA is a land of wonder (and in this image, a land of smog as well). Regardless of the current air quality, it is always exciting to view from above.
Post-Flight Haircare + Skincare Details:
- For hair, I have been impressed with the *ColorProof ClearIt Up Detoxing Shampoo; the stellar ingredients (no sulfates etc.) work to cleanse my hair of the buildup that invariably happens when you travel to a new place and the water is different (e.g., harder or softer than what’s at home). It’s like a “re-start” for my hair and my locks are left bouncy and clean. For additional care, the *Miriam Quevedo Sublime Gold Mask restores moisture, softness and impeccable shine in a single treatment; it’s truly marvelous, indeed.
- With the word “repair” in its moniker, it is only befitting that I embrace the *BABOR Lip Repair Balm; my perennially dry lips feel healthy and supple with each application and, as aforementioned, the weightless texture and soft matte finish play so well with lip color.
- The powerhouse of this post-flight routine involves the intriguing *BABOR Multi-Active Vitamin Fluid. Representing the best in ampoule technology, this course of seven treatments is packed with Vitamins A, B and E to help stressed and dehydrated skin to effectively recover, restoring elasticity and glow in the process. Designed to seamlessly integrate with any skincare routine, the individually-dosed ampoules can be used for seven days, transforming skin meaningfully and incrementally for maximum results. I apply it as the first step in my skincare routine so that the vitamins get the optimal opportunity for absorption. It’s unlike any skincare I have tried to date and its singularity, coupled with its efficacy, make me so excited for this particular discovery.
- Finally, an ample dose of the *BABOR Ultimate Perfecting Eye Cream–both day and night–helps to return eyes to a brighter and less exhausted state of being.
|With targeted purposes and the capability to be integrated into any skincare routine, the BABOR ampules are a perfect blend of genius and efficacy.
|Le Metier de Beaute Cool Palette on the eyes and Lipstick Queen Mornin’ Sunshine on the lips.
|Le Metier de Beaute Warm Palette on the eyes and Nude Envie Mesmerize on the lips.
|This BABOR balm is sublimely addictive.
|Ready to take off on the next adventure…Dallas, here I come!