|Above: Products mentioned in the video.|
Saturday, December 28, 2013
The Beauty Professor
A couple of weeks ago, I was tagged by the lovely Taylor of My Lucite Dreams to discuss what’s currently in my makeup bag. I have also felt that the need to film new video is long overdue. In turn, I am excited to share nearly 20 products that are currently on heavy rotation in my skincare and beauty routine. Most are in my makeup bag as of late and, of course, the skincare products remain at home ; )
1. NUDE Skincare ProGenius Oil…excellent to balance and hydrate skin in cool, dry winter weather, this glorious organic concoction absorbs instantly and adds a subtle, healthy glow.
2. Erno Lazlo Phormula 3-9 Eye Repair Cream…my trial with this cream is ongoing, but one month into regular use and my orbital area is tighter, brighter and smoother. Will update in another month…
3. Rouge Bunny Rouge Genesis Original Skin Primer…this newest primer from the illustrious Rouge Bunny Rouge line fills in pores and fine lines and creates a seamless, even canvas for makeup application. Just tremendous!
4. Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation #213 (Reviewed HERE)…I am loving this glowing formula and enjoy mixing it with product #5 (below) when I desire a touch more coverage.
5. Ardency Inn Custom Coverage Concentrate in Light-Medium Olive (Reviewed HERE and HERE)…the tiniest amount adds significant coverage and opacity to any foundation and possesses exceptional lasting power.
6. Chanel Poudre Universelle Compact in Preface (Spring 2014)…a light slightly peachy beige that combats shine while adding subtle luminosity to the skin. This is lighter than Chanel Les Beiges #20 and just right for my winter skin.
7. RMS Buriti Bronzer…an organic cream formula with a true light brown hue, this is my go-to winter bronzer/contour for natural, glowing skin.
8. Billion Dollar Brows Brow Powder in Taupe…this true ash brown makes my brows full and defined and never oxidizes red…love.
9. Billion Dollar Brows Brow Brush…a brilliant companion for the BDB brow powder.
10. Surratt Autographique Eyeliner in Chat Noir…accidentally missing from the picture but definitely lauded in the video, this liquid liner is like no other. The ink is a potent black, it flows from the felt tip with ease and lasts the entire day without transferring or smudging. Truly a top of the line product!
11. Chanel Illusion d’Ombre in Diapason (#92)…new for Spring 2014, this purple-brown wonder has complex shimmer that shifts shades when the light its hit. It is exquisite and will be getting its own close up review soon!
12. Jouer Lip Enhancer…silky smooth and completely clear, this is the perfect base for lip color and it keeps my lips moisturized for hours.
13. Lime Crime lipstick in Coquette…not new, just new to me. This lovely, creamy, true light nude beige was a Christmas gift from a dear friend and I couldn’t be happier with its full coverage effect. Trying Lime Crime Babette next ; ) Also available at Urban Outfitters.
14. Le Metier de Beaute Hydra Creme Matte Lipcolor in Amore (LE)…this pink-nude-peach hybrid is velvety smooth, highly pigmented and keeps my lips hydrated despite its matte texture. Completely sublime and LE, so track it down while you can!
15. Buxom Lip Cream in White Russian…I couldn’t fit this gloss into the final video edit but this cult favorite offers a delightful tingle and beautiful pink beige wash of color that enhances every lip color.
16. Surratt Relevee Eyelash Curler…effortlessly adding life to my lashes, this has become a daily ritual.
17. Chantecaille Supreme Cils Mascara…this formula needs its own review and sadly I couldn’t fit it into the video (time constraints!). Extremely full, long lashes with no smudging or flaking whatsoever…the best mascara formula I’ve tried to date!
18. Ramon Monegal fragrance in Cuirelle…a sophisticated warm leather and honey juice, this has incredible lasting power and smells beyond entrancing in the winter months.
19. Seth Wegter Bags Cosmetics Case…made in a variety of gorgeous leathers, I don’t know what I ever did without them.
Bottom Line: I’ve truly missed doing videos but the last few weeks simply haven’t been conducive to the process! I hope you enjoyed this product overview…I’ve amassed so many wonderful beauty-oriented items lately and am thrilled to finally have the opportunity to properly share them!
I can’t wait for your questions and comments and hope you have a marvelous weekend…what’s new?
–The Beauty Professor
**A few products mentioned are PR samples provided for review (the majority, purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links as well unaffiliated links for your convenience; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.