|Skincare + haircare etc.|
- *Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash (reviewed HERE): I reach for this plush cleanser daily in the shower as it removes every last trace of dirt and makeup, gently exfoliating without stripping. That’s why I’m on my third tube! Use the code RACHEL20 for 20% off of your entire order, site-wide.
- *Retrouvé Luminous Cleanser (reviewed HERE): This opulent cleanser feels like a silky moisturizer that makes washing one’s face feel like a veritable ritual. Each and every time I use it, my skin is left radiant, balanced and inordinately clean.
- *Serucell KFS Serum (reviewed HERE): I am on my second bottle of this revolutionary formula, which, in sum has helped my skin to behave in a more youthful fashion. From smoothing fine lines and refining texture to firming slack skin and sculpting more definition into my features, it is a skincare must that works harmoniously with every other step in my routine. This weekend, use the code AtelierLD20 for 20% off!
- *Fillerina Eye and Lip Contour Cream: I love this multipurpose cream for plumping fine lines and wrinkles in the orbital and perioral areas. Packed with hyaluronic acid, it hydrates on contact, leaving bouncy, nourished skin in its wake.
- *Beboe Therapies Face Serum (reviewed HERE): Lightweight and instantly absorbed, this CBD-infused oil based elixir brilliantly moisturizes while soothing redness and inflammation and imparting a gorgeous glow.
- *Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist: Recently a follower asked me how I apply sunscreen over makeup without disrupting my application and this SPF 40 setting mist is my answer! It keeps my makeup intact while masterfully providing a micro mist of UV protection.
- *Gisou Honey Infused Hair Wash: I love all things honey and this shampoo from Gisou (along with the entire Gisou line in general) is a delightful discovery! This skillfully cleanses my hair in a single wash, leaving it bouncy and voluminous with the most marvelous honey sillage. I also recommend the highly rated Hair Mask and Hair Oil as options for deep hydration, repair and reflective shine.
- *Ouai x Byredo Super Dry Shampoo: Ultra fine dry shampoo blessed with the now iconic Byredo Mojave Ghost fragrance? Yes, please! This makes my “second day hair” look “first day” and smells like an intriguing dream.
- *ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (reviewed HERE): A powerful combination of AHA, BHA and fruit enzymes work together to exfoliate for the smoothest canvas imaginable. I use this 2-3 times a week in the shower and my skin always thanks me with a fresh and illuminated visage. Don’t forget to use RACHEL20 at checkout for 20% off on the Kate Somerville site.
|Kilian Paris Love, Don’t Be Shy|
|Kilian Paris Love, Don’t Be Shy|
|Base + face.|
- *Sisley-Paris Self-Tanning Hydrating Facial Skincare (reviewed HERE): I’ve been applying this at night for a soft bronze look that really mimics the look of sun kissed skin without the damage. If you’re seeking a true brown self tan, this is, in my experience, the best on the market.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Fluid Foundation Matte in BF 50 (all 24 shades swatched and reviewed HERE): One pump of this brand new foundation imparts medium coverage with a gorgeously natural finish. I used a dampened beauty sponge for a seamless application that lasts the entire day…this foundation is everything one would expect from Clé de Peau Beauté and more!
- *Clé de Peau Beauté The Concealer in Buff (all 12 shades swatched and reviewed HERE): Just a touch, swept underneath my eyes and my orbital region appears brighter, smoother and much more rested! Buff, by the way, is a perfect match for my medium olive skin.
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronzer in Tan (reviewed HERE): I used my Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush to blend this rich matte true brown bronzer along the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face for warmth and depth.
- *LAWLESS Make Me Blush in Sakura (reviewed HERE): I blended this peachy pink blush on the apples of my cheeks for a radiant flush…it’s such an easy and face-brightening color.
- Tom Ford Sheer Highlighting Duo in Reflects Gilt (reviewed HERE): I am on my third compact of this gorgeous pair–gold and rose gold powders blend onto the face like a luminous cream and deliver an unprecedented light to the high points (upper cheeks, bridge of nose, Cupid’s bow and chin) of the face.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray: I ordered this on a whim and am so glad that I did! The weightless mist truly locks makeup into place, making touch ups completely obsolete.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eyes + lips.|
- *Tower 28 ShineOnMilky Lip Jelly: Semi-opaque and blissfully neutral, these clean glosses (excellent for sensitive skin) come in four shades for endlessly pretty results. Coconut is a rosy pink, Cashew is a nude brown, Oat is a pale peachy pink and Almond is a rich chocolate brown. I blended Oat over lipliner in the look at the end of this post…if you like nude lips with impeccable shine, then these glosses are a must.
- Roen 11:11 Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed HERE): This lavish rose gold-centric quad bathes skin in creamy tones with plenty of luminosity…I use my fingers for the most effortless application.
- *Roen Beauty CAKE Lash Mascara: Clean ingredients and a jet black formula make this mascara a lovely option for those looking for lush lashes and nontoxic ingredients.
- *Roen Beauty Kiss My…Liquid Lip Balm in Charlie: I love this balm-meets-liquid lip color for hydration and shine and the rosy nude shade Charlie is one of those universally flattering my lips but better hues that instantly polishes one’s canvas.
- *EM Cosmetics Micro-Fluff Sculpting Brow Cream in Dark Espresso: I swept this creamy and volumizing formula through my brows for full and fluffy results. In the past, the shade Taupe has been my match but my brows are actually very naturally dark and the deep Espresso tone seamlessly blends with a proper ash brown undertone that looks extremely natural.
- *EM Cosmetics Soft Blur Lip Liner: These five lip liners are my favorite discovery of late summer! Velvety smooth and magnificently moisturizing, these liners come in a range of nude hues that work with all lip colors and complexions. I am personally partial to the pinky peach Fawn but equally appreciate the true pink nude Bunny, rosy nude Kitten, cool nude brown Mink and warm tan nude Teddy. They are long lasting and wear evenly, blurring fine lines while contributing to a more volumized looking pout. Plus, they are retractable…no sharpener needed! Highly recommended.
|Swatches of the Tower 28 ShineOnMilky Lip Jelly in direct sunlight.|
|Roen swatches in direct sunlight.|
|A close up of the Roen 11:11 Eyeshadow Palette|
|The EM Cosmetics Soft Blur Lip Liner. Bowl from Ben Soleimani.|
|Swatches of the EM Cosmetics Soft Blur Lip Liner in natural lighting.|
|Lip combo is *EM Cosmetics liner in Fawn + *Tower 28 Milky Lip Jelly in Oat.|
|The Roen 11:11 Eyeshadow Palette in action on the eyes.|
|Labor Day Weekend sales I’m shopping….|
- Serucell: Currently, in partnership with their Atelier collective (a gorgeous curation of luxury skincare, haircare and jewelry lines…just visit Serucell and select the “Atelier” tab), the code AtelierLD20 will give 20% off the Serucell KFS Serum (a perfect time to try this gem!) as well as the other brands in the group including Veronique Gabai Fragrance, Masami Haircare, Debra Navarro Jewelry and Beboe Therapies.
- Beboe Therapies: Use the code 20LABORDAY for 20% off, site wide. As aforementioned earlier in the post, clearly, I am in love with the Face Serum and I highly recommend the Body Balm for a soothing relief of aches and pains, too.
- Equipment: Get an extra 40% off with the code LD2020. I have my eye on this very feminine 1970’s inspired print blouse, this beautiful mole brown blazer and this cilantro toned sweater.
- Nordstrom: Tons of new clearance markdowns at up to 60% off…I love these wide-leg jeans, this classic rain coat and this long sleeve silk button up in a very calming shade of blue.
- CosBar: 60% off all BY TERRY…one of my favorite brands of life. I suggest the glorious Eclat Opulent in Warm Radiance (it’s a luxurious canvas in a pea-sized drop…must be tried to be believed), the sophisticated Densiliss Foundation (for skin like porcelain…my match is Honey Glow) and the Lip-Expert Shine Lipstick in Rosy Kiss.
- Sephora: Though technically not on sale, I’ll be using some of my VIB Rouge points for $10 each order to pick up the new Natasha Denona Glam Palette, Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Mascara, Glow Recipe Plum Plump and perhaps the Rare Beauty Liquid Luminizer (the rose gold tone is calling me!).
- Anthropologie: An extra 25% off sale items…I’m loving this sweet sweater tee, these relaxed, slightly tapered utility pants and these versatile caged clogs.
- Au Naturale: 35% off, site-wide…I wholly recommend the Zero Gravity C2P Foundation Stick (the best clean foundation stick on the market…my match is Mallorca), su/Stain Matte Lip Stain in On Pointe (a universally flattering rosy nude) and the High Lustre Lip Gloss in Magnolia (shiny pinky peach lips with a twist).
- City Lips: The Clear Lip Plumper (my favorite for years) is “buy one, get one free” and “buy two, get two free + one Pink Nude.” Now is the perfect time to try this ultra hydrating formula and share one with a friend!
- Beautylish: The Fall Sale is here, offering significant savings on some luxury beauty favorites…I suggest the Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow Bundle (crease-free, glowing warm neutrals that are incredibly effortless), the infinitely pretty Natasha Denona Bloom Face Glow Palette (lovely on all complexions), the Tom Ford Soleil Neige Shimmering Body Oil (the absolute best fragrance in this formula in my experience) and the Surratt Beauty Celestial Set (3 very flattering shades that work perfectly for summer to fall transition time).
- White cotton button-down: I am on a white button-down spree as of late…clean, crisp and classic, a shirt like this always matches my mood. Finding versions that are lightweight but not sheer and slightly oversized key!
- AGOLDE shorts: I have three pairs of these shorts…they’re not too short and hold everything in while being effortless with everything.
- Black bralette: After the last six months of relaxed brassieres, I don’t think I can ever go back to regular bras…this one is generously cut so showing a peek of it isn’t a big deal.
- Mephisto wedges: I bought these last fall and still wear these like crazy! Absurdly lightweight and comfortable, they match absolutely anything I choose to wear, making them an investment to be worn all year.
|AGOLDE shorts in action.|
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Labor Day Weekend-Inspired post and would love to know what caught your eye…do tell!
Good things ahead, including a detailed deep dive into some products on heavy rotation since the summer, a fresh video tutorial and a host of new fall product launches…cannot wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom and much love,
–The Beauty Professor