I haven’t purchased anything Chanel in many months; while the brand has oft been a subject of affection on Beauty Professor, it hasn’t made its way into my daily routine…that is, until recently! With its iconic embossing and gorgeous color payoff, the new Chanel Les Chaines Collection offers classic beauty staples that extend far beyond the upcoming holiday season.
Today, I am happy to show you my picks from the collection–along with a Chanel foundation and lip that I cannot stop wearing–as well as some other current favorite skincare and makeup options from Nordstrom.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and image of everything in action as well as the first of a few Black Friday guides (this one is shoppable now!) and the Bottom Line…
Let me start by saying that these four products from Chanel have been on my face everyday for nearly a week and a half! The classic hues and modern textures are stunning and their collective flawless performance through, on some days, 9+ hours of blue-light saturated Zoom meetings is wildly impressive.
In terms of foundation, I have found my spot-on fall/winter match in Chanel Sublimage Le Teint 40 Beige. This plush cream formula, rife with anti-aging ingredients, offers medium, pore and fine line blurring coverage with a natural finish that truly lasts all day. I love how refined yet natural my skin looks–“polished” rather than “perfect,”–and I suspect the hydrating formulation will be a hit with most skin types. This is a luxury foundation at a luxury price point but if you can find your match (more swatches of multiple shades a few images down), I daresay you won’t regret it.
For skin that reflects a lit-from-within flush, the Chanel Les Chaines de Chanel Illuminating Blush Powder is a limited-edition must! This glowing blush is neutral bronze rose in tone with a radiant finish that is subtly incandescent rather than overtly shimmery. It’s all at once distinctive yet effortless on the skin and somehow it adds luminosity without highlighting pores or texture. So good!
I’ve been on a very simple protocol for eyes as of late…a light wash of neutral color and perhaps a light wing, finished with mascara. The Chanel Les Chaines de Chanel Ombre Premiere Longwear Powder Eyeshadow in 926 Or Blanc addresses the first part of that trifecta with ease. This cool (rather than yellow) gold feels fresh and modern and stands out amongst the sea of warmer gilded tones in my collection. The shadow has minimal fallout and resists creasing for hours…demure and sophisticated and just right for the season.
For lips, I am smitten with the Chanel Le Rouge Duo Ultra Tenue Ultra Wear Lip Color in 124 Soft Candy. This long wearing formula features a tinted liquid lip color on one side and a hydrating glaze on the other. Soft Candy is a muted coral pink that looks brighter in the tube and in swatches than on the lips (see images at the the end of this post); it’s just extremely pretty, you guys! It brightens up the face without overpowering and the formula authentically is long wear in nature. I wore it for 8+ hours under a mask and my lips looked pristine over the entire duration of time. Once set, there is little to no transfer as well…if you’ve been on the hunt for an ultra flattering lipstick that won’t budge, I implore you to give Soft Candy a try.
// THE REST of MY FAVORITES //
- Riki Loves Riki Skinny Lighted Mirror: This mirror is a constant companion! With multiple lighting settings (to get the most realistic perspective on your makeup application) and a magnetic mount for my cell phone (makes filming video content a breeze), it’s sturdy yet lightweight and utterly invaluable for makeup enthusiasts. I bought this one for myself and gave one to my sweet sister-in-law as a gift…we both use them all the time.
- *Guerlain Abeille Royal Anti-Aging Youth Watery Oil: This hybrid serum feels marvelously lightweight while moisturizing and refining skin on contact; it wears beautifully under makeup and I adore the subtle glow it imparts…healthy, juicy skin on the horizon.
- *Eve Lom Rescue Mask: When my skin is acting up–generally due to stress…have you met her?–, I reach for this healing mask, which harnesses the power of kaolin clay, camphor and honey to sooth and repair my skin in a single application. Appropriate for all skin types, I’ve used it for 7+ years and cannot recommend it enough.
- *Sisley-Paris Velvet Nourishing Body Cream: I’ve been testing the cream for nearly a month and am still using it daily (always a promising sign). It absorbs instantly and leaves my limbs feeling exceptionally soft and moisturized all day. Well worth it!
- *Sisley-Paris Velvet Sleeping Mask: For evenings when my skin needs an extra dose of moisture and nourishment, I love layering this mask onto freshly cleansed and toned skin…it smells divine and leaves my fresh faced and glowing in the morning.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray: I receive frequent questions about how to extend the life of makeup, especially when facial coverings are involved, and my consistent suggestion is this setting spray, which locks makeup in place while letting skin breathe…it’s absolutely exquisite.
- *Sisley-Paris Black Rose Eye Contour Fluid: The cool ceramic tip and the potent formula that it dispenses works wonders on tired and puffy eyes…soothing and restorative, this is excellent for gifting yourself and others.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté The Concealer in Buff (reviewed HERE): A perfect match for my medium light olive skin, I never want to be without this concealer…from dark circles to blemishes, it covers it all without looking the slightest bit conspicuous.
- *Laura Mercier Blush Color Infusion Color Blush in Fresco: This cheek color acts as a bronzer and a blush…finely milled with silky, buildable color payoff it is a permanent member of my makeup bag. Try it and you’ll know exactly what I mean!
- *Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner: I have used this eyeliner for nearly nine years! The felt tip allows for precise application and the jet black formula does exactly as promised…no smudging, smearing or flaking for hours on end. You can see it in action in the form of a demi-winged look (my go-to!) in the images at the end of this post.
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon light…
// STYLE NOTES //
- Topshop Balloon Sleeve Crop Cardigan: Voluminous balloon sleeves in a gorgeous neural hue, this v neck cardigan is sublime. The cropped silhouette works well with high waisted jeans and I’ve already worn it three times since purchasing it earlier this month (always a good sign!).
- AGOLDE Crisscross Jeans: Speaking of wear, I picked these up about a year ago and wear them 1-2 months year round. They are fitted where it counts (waist, bum) and relaxed through the leg for an effortless look that pairs wear with a variety of footwear–from heels to sandals and everything in between.
- Fendi Sandals: I am definitely getting a lot of wear from these sandals (a gift for my wedding anniversary last month). I have invested in a few different pieces of designer footwear over the years and can confirm that I reach for my Fendi’s most frequently.
Finally, in honor of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Nordstrom will be making new product deal drops every couple of days starting on 11/20 (as well as Mon., Nov. 23, Wed., Nov. 25, Black Friday, Nov. 27, and Cyber Monday, Nov. 30.). Here are some of my suggestions for the first drop:
- UGG Classic Mini Fluff ($99): UGGS are a guilty pleasure around these parts…infinitely comfortable and perfect for cool mornings and icy evenings alike, this mini version is a lovely and utilitarian entry point to the brand.
- Michelle Deco Sport Watch ($346.50): It’s rare for me to see a watch that looks equal parts classic, unique and wearable but this watch is all three! A quality timepiece at an incredible price point…yes, please.
- Hunter Packable Rainboot ($89.98): These are the kind of item I’ll be glad to have when the damp and rainy weather ramps up. They are chic and comfortable and require zero breaking in. Also, check out the kids version ($40)…Joey wears hers multiple times a week, even when it’s complete sunny outside!
- Bliss Plush Robe ($39.90): As the temperatures drop, a warm and cozy robe becomes my best friend. This extra soft version is a great length and comes in three colors!
- Zella Moto Leggings ($34.50): I have at least 6 pairs of Zella leggings in my wardrobe rotation…opaque yet breathable with the ability to hold you in in all the right places, they rank amongst the very best that active wear has to offer.
–Shop the First Drop–
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this look at some of my Nordstrom beauty favorites–including some absolute gems from Chanel–and would love to know what caught your eye…do tell!
Good things ahead, including a super casual look, a fresh video and a comprehensive Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping guide. Can’t wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom and sending much love,
–The Beauty Professor
**Many thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. Asterisks denote press samples, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-20 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.