Happy weekend, lovelies! With the spring semester moving at lightspeed, I’ve embraced a few new multitasking, time saving products for the skin, hair and lips. All eight are streamlined, simple and easy to integrate into an existing routine!
Kindly scroll on for more details and images of the 8 products in action…
Above: Skin and lips…nourished, protected and glowing!
(1) *HUM Runway Ready Supplements: I have taken vitamins regularly since I was a little girl and I attribute, in part, my health and well-being to said supplements. HUM is one of the only pre-packaged versions in my regimen that specifically target beauty considerations. Three gel caps a day and my skin, hair and nails are given precise nutrients–including GLA, ALA, Vitamin E, Black Current and Biotin–to grow, glow and thrive. The HUM Runway Ready packs are:
Contain no artificial colors or preservatives
Working on beauty from the inside out has never been quicker or easier!
(2) *Bioderma Sensibio H2O: This gentle cleansing water has a cult following in Europe and only recently has become available Stateside thanks to an exclusive distribution deal from Beautylish. It is light, kind to sensitive skin and wholly effective for removing dirt and makeup from the surface of the skin, ultimately leaving the face comfortably balanced and ready for the skincare to follow. I have been using it morning and night with a cotton pad to cleanse in 4 seconds flat!
(3) *Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF 30 (reviewed HERE and available at Sephora and Space.NK): Mentioned many times over on BP, this purely physical sunscreen smooths skin and adds a subtle radiance while providing potent SPF 30 protection. My skin adores this formula and now that it is sunnier than ever, it’s a priming part of my daily routine.
(4) *Leonor Greyl Lait Luminescence Bi-Phase: My long, thick hair benefits most significantly from post-shower spray conditioners and detanglers. Often, regular conditioning begins to weigh down my already heavy locks, leaving me yearning for a clarifying wash; in turn, I gravitate towards light mists that contribute to manageability while simultaneously combatting product build up. This gorgeous formula from luxury French haircare line Leonor Greyl is pefect for smoothing, detangling and adding luster to my freshly-washed tresses. Five or six sprays throughout my hair and I can brush it with ease (even when wet!) and, once it dries, my hair looks (and feels!) undeniably hydrated and silky. Lait Luminescence is blissfully elegant and well worth pursuing!
(5) *Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap (reviewed HERE): I apply this creamy serum to the ends of my hair after my first day of washing. It absorbs immediately and, upon waking, leaves my hair smooth, bouncy and very shiny. I love how it masterfully extends the life of a washing, allowing me to save time and wash every other day!
(6) *Soft Lips Cube Pomegranate Blueberry: My menagerie of lip balms is quite extensive yet I am continually in the market for another formula to add to the rotation. Enter Soft Lips…in the past, I had only tried this brand in the retractable tube but this dome-shaped cube is much to my preference. Super easy to apply, this silky balm drenches lips in hydration and the pomegranate blueberry scent is refreshing without being cloying. I have one by my bedside and another in my work bag!
(7) Cover FX Mint Tint Lip Gloss in Opal: I have already expressed my positive sentiments for the new Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops (reviewed HERE) and couldn’t help but order this gloss when I picked up the foundation. It’s moisturizing, smooth and jaw-droppingly shiny…I prefer to wear it over a nude lip liner for a pared-down and demure look. Opal’s shimmer is chic and the soft pink iridescence delivers such a glow to the lips; throw in a fresh and minty flavor for good measure and this gloss is a whim purchase I do not regret!
(8) *Onyx XOXO Ear Cuff: As one of the last females left on earth without her ears pierced (!!), ear cuffs provide endless allure. I typically wear a small sterling silver one towards the top of my ear and recently procured a new one (that I wear lower on the ear) by NYC designer Marla Aaron. While both of these are perfect for daily wear (in fact, I do not take them off), when I want to instantly infuse more drama into my look, I love the Onyx XOXO ear cuff. Handmade with leather and brass components, this statement piece is neutral enough to blend with most style choices while being entirely unique. This will be in my rotation for seasons to come!
Above: Jethro update…he is quite recovered from his surgery a couple of months ago and back to being his spunky self! Whenever I shoot in the backyard, he has to get as close to the action as possible ; )
Above: Back matter
Above: The full ingredients list for the HUM Runway Ready Supplements.
Above: HUM// Just three pills a day for radiant skin, strong nails and nourished, bouncy hair.
Above: A swatch of Cover FX Lip Tint in Opal in direct sunlight…creamy, hydrating and uber shiny, this is gorgeous alone or over a nude lipliner (as shown in the images that follow).
Above: The Onyx XOXO ear cuff packs a wealth of style into a singular unit; I like to think of it as jewlery for my ear and hair as it brings life to both!
The following images reflect the products in action in various lighting situations…
Above: Applying the glowing Cover FX Lip Tint in Opal.
Above: Lips have a subtly radiant outcome.
Above: Leonor Greyl in the day and Living Proof at night for silky, bouncy hair.
* Nice to see someone else loves the SoftLips Cube, too! I have the mint and found the SoftLips Cube more moisturizing than EOS.
* I have the Bioderma micellar water but it's the Hydrabio version for sensitive and dehyrated skin. Good stuff!
Indeed, Tequila! The cubes are amazing! Glad that you're loving the Bioderma, too ; )
–The Beauty Professor
Awww, spunky Jethro being his camera driven self! I love your eyebrows in these pictures, so defined and perfectly arched. I am buying Leonor Grayl lait right now as I write. Thanks for sharing your procurements <3
Absolutely! Jethro is always a welcome addition to my photo sessions ; )
Thanks so much for the kind words about my brows. Hope you love the Leonor Greyl as I do! I'm about to spray some into my post shower hair this minute!
–The Beauty Professor
That gloss is absolutely stunning! I have a greyish silverish gloss that I don't give enough love. I will have to try to pair it with a nude lippie and see the magic work 😉
And yeah, brushes posts are always awaited with anticipation!
Thank you…it is so easy to wear and the mint scent is addicting ; )
Can't wait to hear how you lip mix goes!! Brush post soon!
–The Beauty Professor
Hi BP, greetings from Poland! I am one of those long time readers first time commentators :). Thank you for your blog, as many others commented it is extremely helpful to see swatches and practical information on cosmetics which are not available for sampling in many locations. I hope the Bioderma micellar water works for you, I tried it a couple of times and each time it worked great at first but seem to irritate my skin after a few weeks. But my mum have used it for years and she still likes it a lot :).
I am looking for a new foundation and after hours reading through your blog, I decided on the Cle de Peau cream foundation and thought you might be able to steer me in the right direction shade wise. I am NC20 but prefer neutral or slightly-yellow rather than very yellow color. Based on your swatches I narrowed it down to 3 shades: O20, O10 or B10. I have the By Terry Cover Expert #7 and find it a bit too yellow so if O20 is as yellow (or more yellow) it would not work. I also have the LMdB Classic Flawless Foundation #4 and Kanebo Sensai in CF13, both ok-ish but anything more pink will not work either. Like you, I often end up mixing shades, but with a new and pricey foundation I would like to see that the formula works long-term before buying 2 or more shades. The Koh Gen Do Moisture and Hourglass Immaculate foundations both turned out to be disasters for my sensitive skin ��. I understand it can be difficult to compare foundations since they can oxidize differently on different skin types after initial swatching but your help would be greatly appreciated.
Wishing you a lovely weekend and hugs to photogenic Jethro!
Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is lovely to hear from you and I am glad you've found my blog to be helpful.
With regards to your question, I would suggest the CdP in O10 as O20 is more yellow than By Terry #7 in my experience. The B10 is a bit too pink for NC 20 in my opinion!
I truly hope that helps…love from me and Jethro ; )
–The Beauty Professor
The Radical Skincare SPF is on my list to try next. I am currently on my second bottle of La Roche Posay Ultra Light Fluid Mineral sunscreen, and with the urge to try new products hits me, I plan on giving the Radical Skincare product a go. I do have a sealed sample and I am waiting to try it.
My current new products I am loving is the Yes to Carrots Scalp Therapy Shampoo & Nourishing Conditioner. I have had some scalp and hair issues as of late, I've tried numerous products high-end and drugstore, and this seems to be doing an awesome job. My scalp has bounce back, my hair is more full, soft and strong. I will take it for as long as it helps. I might take a look at the Living Proof Night Cap product soon, just for added support.
One other new favorite is the Bite Beauty Lip Tint in the shade Watermelon. It is not something I would normally be drawn to, but it is a great pop of color and moisture for the lips. I've noticed it wears a bit longer (2-3 hours depending on if you eat or drink) than most tinted balms, and hydrates better, too.
Great blog 🙂 I've been reading for over a year and I never seem to comment.
Thanks for commenting! The Radical sunscreen is marvelous and so effective for a physical formula!
Much appreciation for sharing your current favorite products…love reading about others' discoveries.
Hope your week is off to a lovely start…xx and keep in touch,
–The Beauty Professor