|Above: The ingredients…click on image to enlarge.
Prior to this review, I have already mentioned my love for Armour Beauty (specifically Hello and Edie) in a blog post and video and am excited to now give you a closeup look at this indubitably lovely lip gloss. Lightly scented with a soft, sweet, almost lemon fragrance (which I love), be forewarned…this gloss is on the stickier side. That being said, I actually prefer its slightly tacky nature because I attribute its stupendous lasting power (easily 4-6 hours without a need for touch ups) to this particular texture. It is completely hydrating…my perennially dry lips actually feel better after a full day’s wear with this formula and the pigmentation in the Opaque Collection options is utterly insane. One coat and my lips are enveloped in full coverage, intense impact color that is glossy and gorgeous.
|Above: Swatches of all five shades in natural light.
- Edie (Opaque): a nude beige with rich, neutral leanings…named after the Factory Girl herself, Edie Sedgewick. Pale without washing out the face…a lovely nude option.
- Hello (Opaque): A creamy, bold bubblegum pink that is an ode to both Hello Kitty (yes!) and 1960’s Hello magazine. It hasn’t left my purse since December!
- Gypsy (Shimmer): Named after the song by Fleetwood Mac, this is a soft sheer peach with gold shimmer…nearly clear on my lips, the complex micro-particles give it a liquid light effect.
- Candy (Opaque): A cool lavender that is an ode to icon Candy Darling; this is a must for those who love light purple.
- Ann-Margaret (Opaque): A bold yet creamy coral named after iconic red head (and one of my favorite actresses!) Ann-Margaret. Bye Bye Birdie, anyone?
|Above: Swatches of all five shades in direct sunlight.
|Above: Edie alone on the lips.
|Above: Hello alone on the lips.
|Above: Gypsy alone on the lips.
|Above: Candy alone on the lips.
|Above: Ann-Margaret alone on the lips.
|Above: Wearing a mixture of Edie and Hello.
|Above: Wearing Hello with a touch of Gypsy in the center of my lips.
|Above: Wearing a combination of Hello, Candy and Gypsy.