Summertime is almost here…I feel like I have been chanting this mantra for weeks now but the destination is clearly in sight as I wrap up teaching late next week! With the extra meetings, grading and banquets associated with the season, I have been struggling to look awake; I am a firm believer, however, that less is more when it comes to makeup choices that feign the “rested look.”
Here is a peek at how I attempted to achieve this objective today…
- A touch of Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE) and By Terry Cellularose Lumi-Serum #01 (reviewed HERE) mixed together and applied with fingers as a moisturizer, illuminator and primer.
- Jouer Age-Repairing Perfector in #4 Natural and #5 Sand (swatches and review of both shades HERE), buffed on with a dampened Beauty Blender. I forgot how much I love this unscented, skincare-enriched, cream-based foundation…it yields medium to full coverage, remarkable lasting power (even in heat!) and a skin-like finish that is clean and dewy looking…just gorgeous!
- Armani Sun Fabric Bronzer #100 as a contour and bronzer…this pale tan shade is the perfect shade of light brown for a convincing warmth on the face. I apply this super quickly with a dense, slightly fluffy face brush.
- Armani Cheek Fabric Blush in #503 Daybreak…a near duplicate of the now-discontinued Armani Sheer Blush #10 (reviewed HERE), this dusky pink/peach/beige hybrid adds a subtly believable flush on the cheeks.
- Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Maple (reviewed HERE and HERE)…applied damp with a small eyeshadow brush, this rich bronze brown stands alone as a stunning wash of color. Maple is often sold out and I wanted to mention that Pecan is a great option as well…it is a touch lighter but still a very pretty mid-toned bronze. I added a bit of Jouer Cream Eyeshadow in Chiffon (reviewed HERE) with my ring finger along my lower brow bone and upper cheek bones and blended it out for a luminous glow on the high points of the face.
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE and HERE)…I apply two coats of this insanely good formula daily; it’s that good.
- Mirenesse Lip Bomb in #8 (swatched and reviewed HERE)…this pinky peach nude offers full coverage opacity and a lasting finish that feels incredible on the lips. This is my favorite shade in this particular formula!