|Above: Eight of the freshly-released shades of the Burberry|
|Above: A decadent Burberry stack.|
|Above: A seemingly infinite set of eye looks contained in but eight shades.|
- They are finely milled for maximum blendability and smooth, even application.
- There is no powdery fallout, even when applied heavily.
- The color payoff is immense for both formulas; these shades are well worth the splurge!
- The Silk formula has a combination of rich, creamy matte and complex satin finish shades.
- The Glow formula has a gossamer texture that is ethereally gorgeous. I love using Shell and Optic White both as eyeshadow accent shades as well as employing their powers as whisper-light highlighters.
- The shades with a satin finish (as well as those in the Glow family) are radiant without running the risk of translating as “glittery.” This makes them chic, sophisticated and apropos, even for those that are shimmer-phobic!
- The lasting power is significant; applied dry and without primer, I get 7-8 hours of creaseless, touchup-free wear.
|Above: Wearing a combination of Pale Barley and Shell on my lids for a glowing pale taupe effect.|
|Above: Optic White, from the Glow formula, is a luminous, translucent white that be used for accent and highlight.|
|Above: Shell, from the Glow formula (also featured HERE), is a shimmering champagne-meets-taupe for a tender neutral eye.|
|Above: Stone is a creamy matte beige.|
|Above: Pale Barley, from the Silk formula, is a light taupe beige with a satin finish.|
|Above: Tea Rose, from the Silk formula, is a creamy, cool toned mauve pink with a matte finish.|
|Above: Storm Grey, from the Silk formula,
is a mid-toned khaki-meets-grey with a satin finish.
|Above: Taupe Brown, from the Silk formula, is a deep, rich, matte neutral brown.|
|Above: Stone Blue, from the Silk formula,
is a fresh, soft blue with an opaque matte finish.
|Above: Swatches of all eight shades in direct sunlight…each swatch is representative of a single swipe, thereby reflecting their powerfully smooth pigmentation.|
|Above: Swatches of the lighter shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches of the darker shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Also wearing the new Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Devon Sunset (a myriad of shades to be featured on BP in the very near future!).|
|Above: Last look…Burberry eyeshadows in the golden hour.|