|Above: The freshly-released Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint…this tinted moisturizer is magnificent.|
|Above: The new packaging feaures a slender, purse-friendly tube.|
A travel-friendly foundation that reduces the appearance of fine lines and hydrates to leave skin glowing.
What it does:
Fortified with Hourglass’ Hyaluronan Complex, Illusion® supports skin by plumping fine lines and wrinkles and relieving dryness. Formulated with an advanced form of hyaluronic acid, this foundation disguises deep wrinkles over the course of a day, and its pearlescent pigments leave the complexion with an ultravibrant glow.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
Carisa Janes wanted to create a supremely hydrating, firming, and illuminating foundation that was an instant remedy for lackluster skin.. This fall, it is reborn in a lightweight, travel-friendly tube, and new shades have been added to accommodate a wider range of skin tones.
-Octisalate 4.0%: Sunscreen.
-Titanium Dioxide 4.0%: Sunscreen.
Alumina, Butylene Glycol, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 DImethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Gycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton), Hexyl Laurate, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Mica, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl, Tetraisostearate, Pheoxyethanol, Polyethylacrylate, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Quaternium-90, Bentonite, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearic Acid, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/): Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
|Above: The squeeze tube tip allows for precise dispensing of the formula…no waste!|
|Above: Shades of Illusion…so lovely.|
|Above: Swatches of the lighter shades in natural indoor lighting (by a window).|
|Above: Swatches of the lighter shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches of the lighter shades in the shade.|
- Vanilla: Very light beige for fair skin with neutral undertones (@N/NW/NC 10-15)
- Shell: Light beige for fair skin with neutral to pink undertones (@N/NW 15)
- Ivory: Light beige for light skin with neutral to yellow undertones (@N/NC 20)
- Golden: Light beige for light-medium skin with neutral to yellow undertones (@N/NC 25) **My current match
- Nude: Light beige for light-medium skin with neutral to pink undertones (@N/NW 20-23)
- Warm Ivory: Light beige for light skin with neutral to yellow undertones (@N/NC 23) **Likely my match for the winter
- Light Beige: Medium beige for medium skin with neutral to warm undertones (@N/NW/NC 27-30)
- Sand: Light-medium beige for light-medium skin with neutral to pink undertones (@N/NW 23-25)
- Honey: Medium-darker beige for medium-darker skin with warm peachy undertones (@N/NW/ 35-40)
- Beige: Medium beige for true medium beige skin with neutral undertones (N 30)
- Golden Tan: Darker beige for medium-dark skin with warm undertones (NC 35-40)
- Sable: Darkest beige for deep skin with neutral undertones (N/NW/NC 45-50)
|Above: Swatches of the darker shade in natural indoor lighting (by a window)|
|Above: Swatches of the darker shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches of the darker shades in the shade.|
|Above: Components of the Hourglass look.|
- Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint in Golden (buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (reviewed HERE) for contouring, highlighting and mitigating any unwanted shine.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Ethereal Glow (reviewed HERE) to add a soft pink flush to the apples of the cheeks.
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Child (reviewed HERE) mixed with a touch of OCC Lip Tar/Matte in Lament
- Hourglass 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner (reviewed HERE)…applied along the lower waterline.
|Above: Nude lip mix…Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lipgloss in Child + OCC Lip Tar/Mattte in Lament|
|Above: In natural lighting (mostly shade).|
|Above: In direct sunlight…the glow from this TM cannot be beat!|
|Above: In direct sunlight.|
|Above: In direct sunlight…extreme close up!|
|Above: Direct sunlight with a flash (note the nominal to non-existant flashback).|
|Above: Almost sunset…the golden hour, indeed.|
|Above: In direct sunlight.|
Bottom Line: The Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint is, in my opinion, the best tinted moisturizer on the market. The natural, medium to full coverage, immense skincare benefits and gorgeous glowing finish (that lasts for hours!) collectively make it a must in my rotation. Now that it has been reformulated with even more skin-friendly ingredients and is housed in a perfectly pragmatic tube furthers its value in my eyes…love this!
Have YOU tried the Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint? Thoughts?
xx and much more soon,
–The Beauty Professor