|My Pantone 2016 Colors of the Year product selections.|
- *Nip + Fab Soften Kale Fix Clay Mask: Fantastic to reset stressed skin, I appreciate how smooth and radiant my skin looks after a single 10 minute treatment with this formula.
- *Jason Rosewater Body Wash (available at Whole Foods Market): I’ve been using this to shave and find that the gentle formula mitigates razor burn and leaves skin balanced and healthy.
- *TATCHA Overnight Memory Serum Concentrate: This recent release from TATCHA has a futuristic, bouncy texture and ultra-hydrating formula that masterfully repairs skin overnight, for a firmer, more balanced and refreshed visage upon waking.
- *NuFace Mini in Petal Pink (reviewed HERE): I am still integrating the technologically-advanced NuFace into my skincare routine and am loving the results; harnessing the power of microcurrents to stimulate skin for a tighter, more contoured visage and this resplendent pink version is Rose Quartz embodied!
- *Radical Skincare Radical Perfection Fluid (reviewed HERE): Part radiance-inducer, part skincare serum, this hybrid formula is a great line of first defense in the morning for brighter, softer and more youthful skin.
II. LIP COLOR:
- *Velvet 59 Matte to the Max Liquid Lipstick in Pink Cadillac: Brimming with pigment-galore, this matte formula envelopes lips with a beautiful baby pink cloak of color.
- *Lipstick Queen Cupid’s Bow Pencil in Nymph (reviewed HERE): A lovely mid-toned pink with just enough pigment to pop.
- *It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush Butter Gloss in News Anchor Blue: Although this sky blue gloss looks intimidating in the tube, I am happy to report (word play intended) that it transforms into a cool and shimmering mauve pink (that makes teeth look whiter) upon application.
- *Inglot Lip Color #237: A pearlescent mauve pink with immense color payoff, I appreciate how lush and full this particular color makes lips look. It’s simply stunning!
- *It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush Butter Gloss in Je Ne Sais Quoi: This may seem clear upon application, but give this clever formula a minute or so and lips are massively moisturized and gently flushed an optimal, ultra-flattering light pink.
- *Inglot Nail Enamel #393: Practically periwinkle, this pale blue polish has a creamy finish aligned with the peaceful Serenity hue.
|From L-R: Swatches of the It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush Butter Gloss in Je Ne Sais Quoi, Inglot Lip Color #237, It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush Butter Gloss in News Anchor Blue, Lipstick Queen Cupid’s Bow Pencil in Nymph and Velvet 59 Rouge to the Max Liquid Lipstick in Pink Cadillac.|
- *Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Rose Excelsa: A refreshingly unique take on a classic rose scent, this fragrance combines notes of the rare African Dog Rose with that of the Turkish Rose and the chic bottle is to die for, no?
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad #311 Pewter Veil (also available at CdPB and reviewed HERE): An avant-garde combination of shimmering green blue and platinum accents, this consider this buttery smooth eye shadow quad a “new neutral.”
- *Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Cushion Foundation in Medium: I am stunned by the stalwart coverage and natural finish of this cushion compact–new for spring–from the ever innovative Physician’s Formula. From the quilted effect of the compact itself to the nourishing skincare-meets-foundation hybrid formula, I can’t wait to get a touch more tan so Medium will be my perfect match.
- *Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter in Crystal Pink (formula reviewed HERE): This tender pale pink bathes skin in a halo of soft rosy light and, due to its powder texture, works well to illuminate combination skin types.
- *Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator in IL02 Sheer Pink (formula reviewed HERE): The most recent shade release from KGD, this liquid light shifts to a nubile pink pearl that can mix into foundation or be added atop for a freshly radiant complexion. I have finished my entire bottle of the Beige version of this illuminator and find the Sheer Pink hue beyond excellent for springtime.
|From L-R: Swatches of the CdPB Eye Color Quad #311, Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator in Sheer Pink, Vintage Crystal Rose Illuminator and Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Cushion Foundation in Medium in direct afternoon sunlight.|
|*Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Rose Excelsa|
|Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation.|
|Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation in O40,|
The Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation currently comes in five shades that will match most skin tones in the fair to medium-dark range:
- Blanc 00: A super pale white for extremely fair alabaster skin; could also be used to highlight or mix into a darker shade.
- I20: A neutral light beige for N/NC/NW 15-20 skin.
- IB40: A neutral light-medium beige for N/NW 25-30 skin. Although this is sightly more rosy than O40, I am fairly certain I could easily get away with this shade on my skin tone as well!
- O40: A warm light-medium beige for N/NC 25-30 skin. **A perfect match for N/NC 23-27 skin tone.
- I50: A neutral medium-dark tan beige for N/NC/NW 30-40 skin.
|Swatches of the Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation in outdoor shade.|
|Swatches of the Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation in direct sunlight.|
|Evidence of a foundation-phile.|
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation #7 (reviewed HERE): It’s thicker and, in the case of shade #7, much more golden than O40.
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Foundation 5.5 (reviewed HERE and HERE): Offers similar coverage (medium) but feels a bit more slippery during application. Shade 5.5. is also more neutral than the slightly olive O40 (which is a dead on match for my skin tone).
- By Terry Cover Expert #8 (reviewed HERE): Is very similar in tone to the O40 but has slightly thicker texture and more pronounced matte finish than the Serge Lutens formula.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The full look.|
- Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation O40: Buffed on with a Beauty Blender.
- Gucci Beauty Golden Glow Bronzer in Indian Sand (reviewed HERE): I used this deeper tan shade to gently contour along the hollows of my cheeks and the perimeters of the face.
- Tom Ford Moodlight (reviewed HERE): One sweep of the darker side along the hollows of cheekbones adds a subtle touch of illumination and another sweep of the lighter powder along the upper cheekbones highlights without being the slightest bit obvious.
- *MustaeV Single Eye Shadow in Julep: This is such a unique eye shadow shade; a radiant warm rose with a incandescent finish, it works well as a color-drenched veil that lasts all day without creasing…I applied it on my upper lids and along my lower lash line and used a touch of the darker shade from the Tom Ford Moodlight compact as a blending shade up to my brow bones.
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara (reviewed HERE):Two coats for lush, full lashes.
- *Inglot Lip Color #237: Already discussed earlier in the post, I liberally applied this lilac-tinged pink (with a flattering pearl, rather than shimmer, finish) and appreciate the immense color payoff and longevity of the formula.
- *Kevyn Aucoin The Lip Gloss in Starlight: Amongst the latest release from the iconic Kevyn Aucoin line, this delightfully non-sticky gloss imparts a delicately shimmering peachy pink hue that makes lips look full and voluminous; I strategically placed a bit on the center of my lower lip.
- *Smith + Cult Nail Lacquer in the Graduate: My major go-to as of late, this creamy pale nude beige offers incredible opacity in a single coat and the formula is 5-free for healthier, happier nails. Did I mention that Smith + Cult lasts longer than any nail polish formula I’ve tried to date? So good.
- Scott Barnes Body Bling: I picked up this cult favorite at The Make Up Show LA this past weekend and now understand why it’s been on the top of so many editor lists for years. Super hydrating and deliciously gleaming, this makes skin glow like nothing else. I also learned that it can be sheered out when mixed with lotion for a more subtle luminosity!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eyes, lips and tips.|
|*Smith + Cult Nail Lacquer in the Graduate.|
|MustaeV Julep is a warm and luminous rose eye shadow that works well as a single wash of vibrant color…I adore it!|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|*Inglot Lip Color #237 with a dash of *Kevyn Aucoin The Lip Gloss in Starlight on top.|
provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me),
however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally
my own. ©
2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or
republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.