|A refreshing morning walk around the neighborhood with Joey Elle.|
Something New: A Recap of the Week, a Fresh Glowy Tutorial and Sales I’m Shopping This Weekend
|Last weekend, we painted our fireplace off-white. We have planned to do this since we bought the home last July and, after a two-day process, are so excited that it’s finally finished!|
|Here’s a look at the original brick tone…my husband and Johannah are working on carefully priming everything.|
|A closeup of our very minimalist mantle…a BYREDO candle is a necessity! My other favorite is BYREDO Bibliotheque.|
|By mid-week, I gave my last Zoom lecture of the spring semester to my college students…we clocked about 48 meetings in total…so proud of their commitment and fortitude. Now, I’m putting the final touches of grades!|
|Johannah Elle turned 22 months! We celebrated with a trip to a local playground…we were the only ones there and she had an absolute ball!|
|I attended a virtual press event with Charlotte Tilbury, who gave us the details and demonstrations featuring her new Airbrush Bronzer and Desert Haze Eyeshadow Palette, which includes four gloriously buttery matte neutral tones.|
// PRODUCTS USED //
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Serum
- *Lawless Set the Stage Primer
- *Surratt Beauty Dew Drop Foundation #10 (20% off!)
- RMS Daytime Nude Lipliner
- Bobbi Brown Luxe Matte Lipstick in Semi-Naked (25% off!)
- Chantecaille Powder Makeup in Camel
- Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush
- *Kosas The Sun Show Bronzer in Light and Medium
- *Sisley-Paris L’Orchidee in Corail
- *Tata Harper Cheek in Very Charming
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Taupe
- *Dear Dahlia Paradise Eye Shine Sequins in Queen and Muse:
- *BY TERRY Ombre Blackstar #21 Rose Elixir
- *Victoria Beckham Beauty Satin Kajal Eyeliner in Black
- Tom Ford Sheer Highlighting Duo in Reflects Gilt
- Jenny Patinkin Rose Gold Eyelash Curler
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2
- *Saint Cosmetics Amplified Lip Lacquer in Royal Orchid
- Big Tee Shirt
|Loving these fisherman platform sandals from Urban Outfitters…they run true to size, are super comfortable and are under $40!|
// WEEKEND SALES I’M SHOPPING //
- Anthropologie: 50% off all sale items…I suggest this perfectly 1960s ribbed mock neck top, these comfy wide leg cropped pants and this timeless wrap dress, which I would pair with tennis shoes.
- Beautylish: The Spring Into Summer event features discounted bundles on luxury favorites including this Hourglass Scattered Light Trio (I run through countless pots of these warm shades), Tom Ford Lumiere Lip and the Skin Inc 24K Sculpt Lift Bar.
- Equipment France: An extra 60% off sale items…I’m loving this Absalome dress, Jules Silk Slip Dress and this Lillian Silk Pajama Set that I most certainly would wear out of the house by breaking the set into separate parts and pairing it with a black top or denim shorts.
- Intermix: Up to 65% off…I have my eye on these Frame paperboy shorts, Ulla Johnson silk dress and Manolo Blahnik sandals…all three are already on sale and you’ll get 40% more off at checkout!
- Nordstrom: Lots of new markdowns abound, including this dreamy cotton Rails shirt (which I would buy in a L or XL for an ultra relaxed fit over a swimsuit), these UGG nude slide sandals which have amassed a compelling amount of very positive reviews and these Mother jeans, which have a fresh and interesting cut. I also recommend the Eileen Fisher d’Orsay Pumps, which I already own…I have galavanted all over Europe twice in them.
- Rag & Bone: Lowered prices site-wide, on classics including this ribbed turtleneck, chic Hermes orange cami and Military Lounge Pants.
- Shopbop: Tons on sale up to 60% off…I’m loving this Rachel Comey blazer that I know I’ll be glad that I have once I return to campus, Mara Hoffman Gertrude Top (which feels straight out of a 1959 issue of Vogue in all the best ways) and these RE/DONE Zoot Jeans, which look like nothing currently in my closet.
- Sterling Forever: 20% off everything with code MWKND20. I’ve been wearing the Resin Cuff in Milky Tortoise, Polished Large Link Bracelet in Gold and Delicate Bubble CZ Ear Cuff Set (no pierced ears here!) nonstop.
- Urban Outfitters: An extra 30% off all sale items…I recommend this effortless button shirt dress, clean trouser pants and cozy surplice top.
- Verishop: Up to 50% off during the Designer Sale…I am considering this Vince Gathered Cami Dress (which I could dress up or down), IRO Joppo Pleated High Rise Jeans and Ava Puffed Sleeve Bodysuit. Also, the free, two-day shipping cannot be beat!
–SHOP the SALES–
|Last look…wearing both the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Bronzer in Medium and Desert Haze Eyeshadow Palette…full review and swatches coming up on BP soon!|
Also, I’m excited to announce that I’ll be doing an Instagram Live with one of my favorite jewelry creators, Marla Aaron, on 5/28/20 at 11 PT/2 ET on her handle (@marlaaaron) and another Instagram Live with Terry de Gunzberg of BY TERRY on the BY TERRY handle on June 4th at 10 AM PT/6 PM GBT. Hope you can make it to one or both!
Take good care, stay strong and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor