|The beachside shores of Lake Couer d’Alene.|
|The *Surratt Beauty Lid Lacquer|
A unique eye gloss which creates a lustrous glow for eyelids and beyond.
What it does:
Inspired by a Japanese lacquer technique called urushi, this non-sticky formula features rich pigments suspended in a moisturizing, dewy base. The finish can be either sheer or vinyl-like, and can have either a wash of color or a deep opacity. The high-gloss effect provides a modern alternative to traditional shadow.
- Kira Kira: An incandescent diamond-meets-pearl…this particular shade also works well as a highlighter on the high points of the face.
- Hadaka: The star shade in the lineup for this neutral-loving girl, Hadaka (worn later in this post) is a peachy beige with a satin finish.
- Komuji: A translucent yet buildable taupe with no obvious shimmer.
- Kogecha: A gilded chocolate-meets-bronze with a radiant finish.
- Iro: Pure red cream with absolutely no shimmer.
- Satou Ume: A deep purple plum with lots of radiance.
- Pika Pika: A charcoal black cream with with extra luminosity.
- Skikoku: Intense and deepest black cream.
|Swatches of the *Surratt Beauty Lid Lacquer (also available at Barney’s NY and Space NK) in outdoor sunlight.|
|Swatches of the *Surratt Beauty Lid Lacquer (also available at Barney’s NY and Space NK) in direct sunlight.|
- Sensai Highlighting Concealer (reviewed HERE): This opaque yet radiant complexion perfector brightens and evens the skin while looking nearly invisible and lasting all day. Just a few strokes blended out from the center of my face provide me with enough initial coverage for a day outdoors.
- *Givenchy Les Saisons Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder #4 (also available at Sephora): I use my *Surratt Beauty Artistique Cheek Brush to adeptly swept this stunning brown bronzer along the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face for a believable tan that looks multi-dimensional and entirely natural. This formula has crazy good reviews and now I know why…if it isn’t already, it needs to be on your radar now.
- Giorgio Armani Neo-Nude Foundation Powder #5.5 (reviewed HERE): I am on my second compact of this weightless powder…the glowing pigment evens out the skin without the slightest bit of texture or “made up-ness” and it adds just enough illumination to replace my usual highlighter for a super low maintenance face.
- Sisley-Paris Phyto Lip Twist in #10 Sugar (reviewed HERE): Moisturizing like a balm with a cellophane dose of baby pink color, I never want to be without this particular lip stick and the sheer number of times I’ve included it in past blog posts should further validate this claim.
- Chanel Le Rouge Crayon in A La Rosee (reviewed HERE): So good in every way–color, hydration, portability and lasting power–this peachy rose tone is a recent non-negotiable in my routine.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Liquid Rouge #11 Lingerie (reviewed HERE): My makeup bag is never without this peachy nude shine…it’s beautiful on its own or over a darker color for that quintessential 1960s beige look without washing out one’s complexion.
- Dior Addict Lacquer Stick in Bel Air (reviewed HERE): Fast becoming one of my favorite lipsticks of life, this vivid peachy pink cream instantly gives life to the face.
- BY TERRY Lash Expert Twist Mascara (not pictured but reviewed HERE): Even though it doesn’t purport to be waterproof, I get stalwart performance from this particular mascara…two coats and my lashes are good to go.
|Swatches direct sunlight.|
|Beach bag and company, including the Coclico Clidro Slide Sandal in Brandy.|
- *Burberry Medium Giant Reversible Tote (reviewed HERE): On heavy rotation since last fall, I toss items into this multiple times a week. It’s a worthy splurge that will be useful for a lifetime.
- Vintage Gucci Scarf (reviewed HERE): I use this particular scarf to protect my hair (when windy or damp), as an accessory around my neck or waist or even as an impromptu covering for my forehead (if the sun is feeling extra intense. Get yourself a vintage silk scarf…you won’t regret it!
- Cutoff denim shorts: Once you find the pair, you’ll find yourself wanting to wear them any time the temperature rises. Levi’s makes some of the best on the planet, by the way.
- Mint blue mens button down shirt: In my experience, a mens button down (in lightweight cotton) is the perfect coverup over a bathing suit. It’s, truly, all I ever wear.
- Bandeau bikini top: The absolute best for avoiding unwanted tan lines, I am super smitten with this version from Abercrombie. It’s well-constructed and fits true to size.
- Coclico Clidro Slide Sandal in Brandy (reviewed HERE): I bought these exactly a year ago and still wear them frequently…the super soft suede upper requires no breaking in and the leather bottom holds up like a champ on city streets and beach sand alike. I am seriously considering purchasing them in the reddish “Natural” shade next.
- *Oribe the Geometric Gold Plated Hair Stick (reviewed HERE): As soon as the temperatures rise, my hair goes into a high (or low) bun and this hair pin guarantees that it will be held in place without obvious denting. So good.
- Ray-Ban Round Metal Sunglasses: Clean and classic with a polarized lens finish, this lightweight pair is always in my purse.
- Mason Pearson Pocket Boar Bristle Brush (reviewed HERE): This has been my purse brush for a couple of years…it detangles, smooths and fights static, making it a haircare must, especially on a windy beach.
- *Oribe The Nude Nail Lacquer (reviewed HERE): On my toes nearly 100% of the year, this creamy pale nude looks good on all skin tones.
- Seth Wegter Bags Black clutch (to hold small items): The latest handmade creation of my brother, this clever clutch folds over to become more compact and holds everything one might need for a day or night out.
|Beach clothing must-haves.|
|*Oribe The Nude Nail Lacquer (reviewed HERE) through a water lens.|
|The eye look, featuring and *Surratt Beauty Lid Lacquer in Hadaka (also available at Barney’s NY and Space NK).|
|With the Giorgio Armani Neo-Nude Foundation Powder #5.5 (reviewed HERE)|
|Last Look…clean, simple and serene.|