Today’s post is dedicated to a round of fresh skincare, haircare and beauty finds that feel just right for springtime…from opulent shampoo and a new toning device to contour for the eyes and a concealer that works above and below skin’s surface, this list of 10 is resplendently stellar.
// SKINCARE + HAIRCARE // Clean, bouncy and toned skin, bright teeth and glossy hair for the win.
Bouncy hydration in a bottle.
(1) *Tatcha The Essence (also available at Sephora and reviewed HERE): Just 7-seconds a day with this formula will create softer, brighter, more hydrated skin; fine lines are plumped and the visage is toned, masterfully enhancing its receptivity to the skincare to come.
(3) *Luster 2 Minute White (also available on Luster’s site): Designed to rapidly whiten teeth without incurring sensitivity, this easy pairing includes a mouthwash (to prepare the teeth for the brightening treatment) and a pen that delivers a potent (yet gentle) dose of whitening power.
Visibly whitens teeth 6 shades in only 3 days*
Features a simple 2-step, double-action whitening process
Developed by dentists
Causes zero tooth sensitivity
(4) *Kusco-Murphy Bedroom Hair (also available at Kusco-Murphy): This unique Australian import is now available in the US; with environmentally friendly ingredients and a glistening texture, this hair finishing formula creates a quintessentially “lived in” look that adds dimension and radiance to one’s tresses. Try using a touch on your ends to create a piecy effect that doesn’t inhibit movement.
Cleanse and tone in seconds.
(5) *Clarisonic Smart Profile Uplift (also available at Sephora): I’ve had the opportunity to test this revolutionary gadget for the past couple of weeks and find it completely singular in terms of its performance and its results. The classic brush gently cleanses skin and the firming massage head works to tighten and lift the gravity-prone neck area with every treatment. I can’t wait to weigh back in after 12 weeks of regular usage.
Reduces the appearance of fine, dry lines after just 1 week.
Minimizes the look of pores.
Gently cleanses away makeup and sunscreen better than hands alone.
STEP 2: FIRMING MASSAGE
27,000 micro-firming massages per use.
Pleasurable ‘spa-like’ massage experience.
Smooths the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
Boosts the absorption of your daily skincare products.
Skin feels firmer, face and neck appears lifted. Based on 12 weeks use.
// BEAUTY // From a stunning eye trio to a delicate peachy pink lip, this quintet screams springtime.
Chantecaille Mermaid Matte Eye Trio.
(6) *Chantecaille Mermaid Matte Eye Trio (also available at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales): With a luxuriously smooth and blendable texture and rich pigmentation, these matte eyeshadows are like contour for the orbital area. They feel like velvet and resist creasing and migration, ensuring a flawlessly natural look for hours on end. I like to use Bee across my upper eye lids, blend a touch of Elephant at the crease and use Lion to enhance my brow bone…the fact that these shadows are softly luminous without the slightest hint of shimmer make them exceptional. Couple that with the fact that 5% of the proceeds will be donated to African charities that help Lions, Bees and Elephant and these LE shadows are a springtime must-have.
Official details, courtesy of Chantecaille:
Our innovative crease-proof, water resistant eye shadow is now available in a luxurious velvety, matte formula. Creating the perfect canvas with their smoothing, silky texture, the new matte shades offer expert contouring and layering ability for flawless, naturally defined eyes. Packaged in a set to create the ideal neutral eye and offer perfect bases for a multitude of looks. 5% of the proceeds are donated across the three African-based charities supporting the featured animals, highlighting the work of exceptional women in conservation.
(7) Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer in Glow (also reviewed HERE and available at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales): After hearing so many good things about this (not new but new to me) tinted moisturizer, I decided to pick up a tube and found the shade Glow to be an excellent match for my NC 25 skin. Boasting more coverage than one would expect from a product with a “tinted moisturizer” moniker, this formula instantly evens skin and imparts a soft-focus glow that stays in place for the entire day. Apropos for casual days and evenings out alike, I am so glad I finally decided to give it a spin.
(8) *Sisley-Paris Phyto-Cernes Concealer #2 (also available at Neiman Marcus, Beautylish and Bloomingdales): Words cannot adequately express how impressed I am with this concealer. The apricot tone of #2 could appear prohibitive, however, it effortlessly cancels out the pernicious darkness associated with the under eye region. The maximum coverage formula performs beautifully without creasing and the potent ingredients work to brighten the orbital area with continued usage. It’s simply brilliant and must be tried to be believed!
Swatches in direct sunlight.
(9) *Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy (also available at Net-A-Porter, Sephora and Burberry): I recently rediscovered this gem after my travels to London last month and am reminded by how well it creates depth and dimension on the face while still looking entirely natural. Pair it with a slightly warmer base (as I did in the images that follow) and it replaces bronzer and blush, truly earning its cult status.
(10) *Guerlain KissKiss Cream Lip Color in Lady Pink (also available at CosBarand Neiman Marcus): I picked up this glorious peachy pink lipstick on a whim and couldn’t be happier with its creamy full coverage opacity and slightly pearlescent finish. This shade is exceptional…it’s bright without overwhelming one’s complexion and perfectly resonates with the warmer weather ahead.
Rachel you look amazing in purple! Stunning as usual. I need those chantecaille eye creams in my life!
Hello Lynn…wow…thanks so much! Yes, you will absolutely love the Chantecaille eye shadows; they are totally "us" colors ; )
xx and hope all is well!
–The Beauty Professor
I was a hard core fan of the Sisley concealer…even after our Lab puppy put many tiny holes through the packaging.
Oh my goodness, Laura…that is wild that your puppy got a hold of it! It is truly an incredible concealer and well worth the investment!
–The Beauty Professor