I love it when the temperatures finally drop in Southern California. The shift inspires me to expand my fragrance wardrobe and embrace a new menagerie of notes. Today, I am sharing 11 winter fragrance favorites. Also, a sun drenched look at the resplendent Clé de Peau Beauté Holiday 2022 Collection.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of everything in action…
11 Favorite Fragrances, Clé de Peau Beauté Holiday + the New The Foundation
(1) Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540: I’ll never forget the first time I smelled this in NYC in 2015. I have since run through at least 5 bottles. It’s pretty much a year round fragrance for me but it definitely takes on fresh form in the colder months.
(2) *Parfums de Marly Oriana: Notes of bergamot, raspberry, marshmallow and Chantilly cream harmonize to create an ultra feminine juice with a grounded dry down that is ever so alluring.
(3) Byredo Eleventh Hour: Fig, bergamot, cashmere and tonka beans blend to represent the subtle urgency of the end of time and the last perfume on earth. If you like skin scents with a twist, you will love this as I do.
(4) Mugler Alien Goddess: This is my favorite Mugler Alien iteration yet…punctuated by vanilla, jasmine, bergamot and creamy florals, this always instantly lifts my mood and makes me feel unstoppable.
(5) Maison Margiela Paris Replica by the Fireplace: The name says it all…there is nothing quite like being relaxed and cozy by a crackling fire and this fragrance transports to this moment with all of the warmth and none of the requisite smoke.
(6) Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif: Bergamot, amber, sandalwood, lavender and Oud for a positively mythic effect; this is designed for a man (and smells like a dream on my husband) but I willingly admit to using it, too.
(7) Tom Ford Black Orchid: This is my favorite TF version involving orchids. It’s sweet and sensual without being cloying…very grownup like the sleekest little black dress imaginable.
(8) Killian Angels’ Share: Booziness at its best, this juice features notes of cognac, hazelnut and oakwood…mysterious and magnetic.
(9) *Lancome Idole Nectar: This is the newest fragrance in my current lineup; floral with a caramel popcorn accord (so good…trust me here), it’s a gourmand with glorious energy.
(10) Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Ruby Orchid: Fruity but still decidedly sophisticated, this possesses notes of peach (my favorite!), orchid and vanilla that commiserate on a synergistic level.
(11) *Sisley Paris Izia La Nuit: Blackcurrent, cardamom, d’Ornano rose, magnolia, ambrox and vanilla for a luxuriously sensual collision of leather and woods…it’s a winter evening out on the town in a glossy, sculptural bottle.
As to be expected, the Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Sky Collection for Holiday 2022 is simply breathtaking. It has intricate blue packaging that honors the celestial glory of the night sky to the vibrant. The colors are wearable. The collection is destined to be gifted…both to yourself and others!
For lips, the *Clé de Peau Beauté Lipstick 522 (a warm peachy red coral cream) and *Clé de Peau Beauté Lipstick 523 (a creamy warm matte fuchsia pink) are essential. Both shades instantly deliver life to the face. I am wholly smitten with the lush Cosmic Red (worn in all the images in this post). It harmonizes all the colors I love. I can see this looking fantastic on all skin tones and suggest picking it up while you can!
The lip color lover in your life (could that be you, too?) will be completely beguiled with the *Clé de Peau Beauté Lipstick Mini Set. This exquisite set contains five diminutive lipsticks. It will still take a beautiful lifetime to run through and it’s hues of pink, nude, red and coral. Just perfect!
Also, the LE *Clé de Peau Beauté Cleansing Trio Set is an excellent gift for others and self! The luxe blue packaging contains the luxe cotton pads on one side. It also has the Softening Cleansing Foam, Micellar Water and Cleansing Oil. These can gently yet effectively remove makeup and dirt without a trace.
For eyes and face, the *Eye Color Quad 322 Constellation of Stars is a glowing array of soft neutral earth tones and a touch of green for a sophisticated look and the *Luminizing Face Enhancer 105 Shimmering Orb is a glorious pearl with pastel, light catching capability that instantly brightens the entire face. It’s utterly stunning in a single swipe.
Now that I’ve had a couple months to test the new *Clé de Peau Beauté The Foundation, I am excited to share some swatches and my thoughts on the reformulation. In short, this foundation is as opulent as ever. Rife with skincare benefits and a smooth, undetectable finish that looks gorgeous on all skin types. Most importantly, all ages, the reformulation offers a touch more coverage which is buildable and closer to medium. It has more lasting power than the original. Rest assured, these improvements enhance this beloved formula without compromising its exceptional texture (a cross between cream and gel) and ethereal finish in the slightest.
My current match is O50 (worn in the images throughout this post). However, I will move down to O40 by dead of winter. The swatches represent only a fraction of the shades available and I will try to update with swatches of the full offerings as soon as I am able. I hope the below are helpful in the meanwhile.
For final touches in the images that follow, I applied a touch of the Clé de Peau Beauté The Concealer in Buff in my under eye region (iconic for a reason), swept on the Gucci Bronzer #2 for a true brown sculpting effect, added a bit of the luminous violet pink Valentino Eye 2 Cheek 03 Rosa Emozionne on the apples of my cheeks and brushed the *Clé de Peau Eyebrow Gel 02 for volume, depth and feathery hold on my brows.
The following images reflect everything in action in afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES //
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this look at some of my favorite winter fragrances as well as the stunning newness from Clé de Peau Beauté at Nordstrom…let me know if you have any questions and also, of course, what caught your eye.
Good things ahead, including a breakdown of the Cyber Week sales I’m shopping, a holiday gift guide for everyone on your list and so many new beauty launches for the season.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**Many thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me). However, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-22 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.