We are officially in the middle of summertime: from sun-exposure and record-breaking heat to travel and all that process entails in the modern world, it is easy to feel fatigued, even if you’re facing some much-needed downtime. That being said, I am excited to share 15 skincare and beauty discoveries that revitalize one’s visage while still embodying an essence of effortlessness.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action, as well as the Bottom Line…
// SKINCARE //
The Sisley-Paris July 2016 Beauty Subscription.
(1) The *Sisley-Paris Beauty Subscription: Perhaps the most luxurious subscription box option on the market, this extremely reasonable ($60 for 6 months, $100 for 12 months) program offers subscribers the opportunity to experience a diverse range of hero products from the venerable French brand (also recently reviewed HERE). Perfect for those who seek to test out a formula before investing in the full size, this opulently curated collection of products features sample and deluxe sample offerings (excellent for travel) nestled in a chic silk pouch.
The July 2016 Beauty Subscription includes:
Express Flower Gel: A gorgeous mask that leaves skin hydrated, plump and glowing. The deluxe-sized tube guarantees that you’ll get multiple uses!
Eye Contour Mask: Designed to combat puffiness, dryness and fine lines, this mask breathes new life into the orbital area. Toss this handy foil pack into your carry on luggage, the next time you travel!
Global Perfect: A makeup-extending formula that also expertly mattifies and minimizes pores, this primer makes skin look its best. Try the generous deluxe size tube each day for a week to see visible results.
Hydra-Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration: Lightweight and long lasting, this gel-cream moisturizer is marvelous for all skin types and works well to keep skin hydrated (yet fresh!) in the sweltering summer months.
Phyto-Cernes Eclat #2: This concealer (in a versatile light-medium beige shade) works well to brighten dark circles while simultaneously delivering skincare benefits that fight undereye concerns from the inside out.
The July 2016 Beauty Subscription box is available for the entire month of July so if you are intrigued by the above descriptions, sign up before the 31st to have your own experience with the contents!
(2) *By Terry Cellularose Dual Exfoliation Scrub (also reviewed HERE): Fast becoming one of my favorite exfoliants, this rich gel is gentle enough to be used daily; it keeps my skin smooth and glowing and has the most decadent rose aroma.
(3)*Mila Moursi pH Balancing Toner (also reviewed HERE): I am on my second bottle of this wonderous toner; the light and uplifting formula never fails to reset and balance my skin, even when it is behaving deplorably. I spray it onto my skin day and night and am continually impressed about how well it keeps oilyness at bay while preparing my face for the skincare to come. Try it and you’ll see what I mean!
(4) *NERD Acne Treatment Lotion: Although I am deeply grateful to not deal with regular breakouts anymore, I still get a pernicious spot from time to time (thank you monthly hormones and summertime humidity). Thankfully, this potent little bottle possesses the capability to banish a pimple without drying and irritating already moody skin. The active ingredient is Sulpher (rather than Benzoyl Peroxide) which works to effectively calm and diminish a spot in a day or two.
(5) *Omorovicza Blue Diamond Resurfacing Peel (also reviewed HERE): This lush, translucent mask soothes skin while increasing cell turnover for an unmistakably noticeable glow in less than 20 minutes. I have used this for years and continue to be astonished by the tangible results.
(6) *Le Metier de Beaute Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Night Cream (also reviewed HERE): I am thoroughly addicted to this powerful night cream; with a high concentration of time-released retinol (read: no peeling) and impressive hydration capabilities, it makes my skin smoother, bouncier and more alive upon waking.
(7) *Hampton Sun SPF 15 Gel: This spray SPF features a weightless texture and moisturizing formula for radiant skin that is protected during sun exposure…yet another win for Hampton Sun!
(9) *Leonor Greyl Lait Lavant A La Banane Gentle Shampoo: For times when traditional shampoo feels excessive, consider this incredibly light option from Leonor Greyl. With a soft banana fragrance (glorious), hair-friendly ingredients and a texture that foams without lathering (experience it is the only way to truly understand), this shampoo is one of the most unique haircare items I have tried to date.
Note the way the shampoo dispenses into a delicate foam.
// BEAUTY //
(10) *Edward Bess Black Sea Pearl Perfector: A streamlined way to illuminate the skin, this pearly formula blurs pores and smoothes skin for a subtle glow that looks gorgeous both under makeup as a perfecting base and atop makeup for additional enhancement.
(11) *Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad #316 Golden Age(also available at CdPB…extensive swatching and formula reviewed HERE): New for Fall 2016, this eyeshadow quad is warm neutral lover’s dream. Velvety smooth with exceptional color payoff, the satin finish is long wearing and crease free for hours on end and the warm bronzy brown, golden champagne, vivid persimmon copper and rich chocolate bronze tones are breathtakingly blendable and easy to wear. I will be reviewing the entire CdPB Fall 2016 soon but couldn’t resist sharing this quad; in the meanwhile…scroll on for swatches a plenty!
(12) *Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade(also reviewed HERE): For groomed and polished brows in seconds, look no further than this genius wand. The comb masterfully brushes the flexible formula (which dries clear) through brows for a feathered look that stays in place all day.
(13) *Grande Lips Collagen Boosting Plumper: I have been experimenting with this lip plumping formula for about a week and am very impressed with the instant volume and fullness it creates. The tingle factor is minimal but the plumping factor is visibly noticable. It also claims that daily usage will contribute to long term results…can’t wait to find out.
(14) *Santhilea London Real Rebel Lip Balm: Don’t let the whimsical green hue fool you; this hydrating balm applies clear but adapts to the perfect “my lips but better” rosy tone for one’s complexion.
(15) *Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Deliciously Shiny Lip Colorin 001 My First Lipstick and 011 Beige Lingerie: I was instantly captivated by the fascinating packaging of this latest lipstick release from Guerlain. Ever attracted to pale pinks and nudes, I settled on My First Lipstick–which is a shiny baby pink designed to instantly lighten any lipstick–and Beige Lingerie, which is a delightfully cream mid-toned pinky nude. The formula is moisturizing and ultra-reflective for effortless summertime lips.
Swatches in direct sunlight.
Grande Lips alone on the lips.
Santhilea Real Rebel Lip Balm.
Swatch in direct sunlight.
Swatches in direct sunlight.
The rest of the look.
The images that follow reflect the usage of many of the products discussed. I am also wearing:
*Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Foundation #9 (reviewed HERE): This foundation offers buildable medium coverage and a nearly waterproof finish that holds up so well in warm weather. The nearly invisible skin finish is unprecedentedly fantastic and #9 is a perfect match for my NC 27 summer skin.
By Terry Sun Designer Palette #2 Light and Tan Vibes (also available at Beautylish and reviewed HERE): I have gotten so much use from this brilliant palette; from contour and bronzing to blushing and highlighting, this palette does it all! Currently (through August 2nd) Space.NK is having its EXPLORE promotion, offering $20 off of orders of $100 or more (with the code: EXPLORE60), making it an excellent time to embrace the beauty that is Sun Designer.
Loose overall romper: Super casual and completely aligned with the ease of summer, this romper works well as a bikini coverup or playful outfit. Although I picked mine up at a little boutique last year, I found similar options HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE).
Halter Wrap Bikini Top: I’ve been wearing this bikini top for two summers in a row now (previously reviewed HERE); it is comfortable and crafted in the prettiest shade of green. So glad it is still available!
Vintage Hermes Orange Scarf: There is just something about the warm orange tones of this scarf that looks so right in the summer months…weather I worn as a neck accessory, to camouflage a “too-low” top or as a hair band, its versatility is indisputable. Though mine is probably one of a kind at this point, The Real Real has a host of authentic, vintage and viable options in the same color palette.
Mint green-blue choker: I made mine with some random string but Etsy has a host of better crafted options to brighten up a relaxed summertime look.
Tom Ford Golden Peach + CdPB Eye Color Quad #316. Guerlain Beige Lingerie on the lips.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed perusing this summertime product round up as much as I did creating it! What caught YOUR eye and what are YOU loving this month? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including a fresh video tutorial (already filmed, in the editing process) and a tribute to National Lipstick Day (7/29)…xx and stay cool,
I signed up for the Sisley subscription last month. I've already splurged on the black rose oil. I loved the black rose mask when I first applied it, but I woke up with an allergic reaction. Sadly, I discovered it contains a preservative to which I'm allergic. I really wish they would include ingredient lists for all of the samples. Oh, well. I also signed up for Le Metier de Beaute's subscription and am eagerly awaiting the first arrival next month!
God bless and keep up the good work,
Oh no, Pemberley…sorry to hear that! I have super sensitive skin and haven't had any adverse reactions to Sisley…everyone is different, though! I hope you find great success with the LMdB VIP subscription!
Thanks for the kind words…XO,
–The Beauty Professor